Anyone thinking about names yet??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-14-2011, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my 5th baby, I have four boys.  We have a girl's name picked out, but we need a boy's name.  Here are my boys' names.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Michael Christian

Nathan (Nate) Edward

Christian Augustine

Jack Robert

Thanks so much for your help with this:)

Take care!!!

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#2 of 21 Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM

We're in the same boat. We've got 3 boys and I'm not holding my breath for a girl so we're trying to come up with another boys name....SO hard! We've used all the ones we really liked and all the male family names as middle names....We've got the added trouble of trying to find something that works in two languages. As for your names, I really like the sound of Nathan Edward - it has a good ring to it!

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#3 of 21 Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 PM

I've got a boy's name totally picked out, except that DH and I are still going back and forth on the middle name... but I have NO idea for a girl's name. And I have weird rules about them (but not as weird as some I've seen), like I want a Biblical first name, that can't really be shortened into a nickname, and isn't too popular/common, and then the middle name is a family name. I know that if the baby's a boy, his first name is Paul, but not sure about the middle name. And the baby just had better not be a girl, because she'll just be nameless, I guess.

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#4 of 21 Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 AM

I like Nathan Edward too :)

I always have a really hard time with names. My first two weren't named until after they were born. It's always a little odd to me when people are calling their baby by a name like 5 months into the pregnancy. I just can't wrap my head around knowing that early.

Anyway.

For a girl I like Avery. I know it's traditionally a boys name, and I'm normally not a fan of stealing from the boys side - but when this name first popped into my head it definitely had girl connotations and I can't shake it. I don't know why I like the name really, I just do. It came to me out of nowhere and has sort of stuck. I have no idea for a middle name though.

For a boy I like Samson. But we wanted to use my husbands fathers name as a middle name (Roland) and I feel like it's too much N at the end.

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#5 of 21 Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just to clarify, the names you listed are the names of your kids already?

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#6 of 21 Old 01-16-2011, 11:10 AM

ooooh. I didn't catch that. Seems like it though, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by javilu View Post

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#7 of 21 Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Big fan of Nathan Edward! That was what we re going to name my son but we opted for Nathan Alexander instead, after my dad instead of my brother ;)

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#8 of 21 Old 01-16-2011, 02:59 PM

This is the first pregnancy that I'm completely stumped on names.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#9 of 21 Old 01-17-2011, 06:04 AM

I'm guessing that the list of names you wrote are for your existing boys. If so, then here are some name ideas that we had for boys although we probably won't get to use them. The doc is 85% sure this little one is a girl. We like William, Patrick, Francis and Alexander. I think all those names would go nicely with your other boys.

As for us, we really liked Ava before we got pregnant but since finding out that this baby is a girl, I'm not as fond of it. Also both of the boys already have names that start with "A" and I really don't want to go with another "A" name. Our current favorite is Mary Caroline. 

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#10 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, the names in the first post are our sons names.  Sorry if I confused anyone.  We need a name that would go well with those.  Certain names we have a ton of in our family son we will not use them.  William (there are 4), Thomas (there are 4) and John (there are 3) we are not going to use.  I am thinking of Joseph for the middle name (my Mom's name is Josephine and she gets mad that noone is named after her so I might give in for a middle name, we'll see). 

Take care!

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)

#11 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, they are our boys" names.  I like Ava but Mary Caroline is pretty too!  Good luck and thanks for your suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

I'm guessing that the list of names you wrote are for your existing boys. If so, then here are some name ideas that we had for boys although we probably won't get to use them. The doc is 85% sure this little one is a girl. We like William, Patrick, Francis and Alexander. I think all those names would go nicely with your other boys.

As for us, we really liked Ava before we got pregnant but since finding out that this baby is a girl, I'm not as fond of it. Also both of the boys already have names that start with "A" and I really don't want to go with another "A" name. Our current favorite is Mary Caroline. 

#12 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by javilu View Post

Yes, these are my 4 boys names.  We need another boy's name that would work with these.  Thanks!

#13 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 AM

We have our girl's name picked out. It is Kinsley Addison. However, I'm lost on a boy's name! I love the name Xavier, but DH is against it. He's rooting for a Jr. since we have no boys yet, he's the last of his family name, etc., but I'm so totally against it. With most of our daughters it took us right until the last minute to come up with a girl's name and we always had a boy's name lined up. Go figure!

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#14 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 10:34 AM

I would suggest Noah, Aaron, Caleb, or Benjamin.  I'm terrible at names though.  I always wait until after the baby is born and then we just throw one out there.  LOL.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#15 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM

I've started looking, and we might have a girl name but...we might not, I can't tell if DH is serious or not.  No boys names at all though, not sure what we'd do if we're having a boy.  We'd have to call him "The Baby" forever.  orngtongue.gif

With our DS, his name was meant to be as both DH and I came up with his name before telling each other what we thought his name should be - both first and middle names.  In addition to that, we get TONS of "His name is so cool!" comments...I'm feeling some pressure to come up with an equally cool name (just enough unique yet not weird). 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#16 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

I've started looking, and we might have a girl name but...we might not, I can't tell if DH is serious or not.  No boys names at all though, not sure what we'd do if we're having a boy.  We'd have to call him "The Baby" forever.  orngtongue.gif

With our DS, his name was meant to be as both DH and I came up with his name before telling each other what we thought his name should be - both first and middle names.  In addition to that, we get TONS of "His name is so cool!" comments...I'm feeling some pressure to come up with an equally cool name (just enough unique yet not weird). 

this makes me want to know what his name is!

NuzzleNudge likes this.
#17 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM

This is our 5th as well! but we have 2 boys and 2 girls already. We have used our favorite names up and unfortunately, we had a corny little 2 Js and 2 Bs theme, and now I cant find any good names that start with either and are unusual. We have a Brody and Bella (both were unusual at the time) and Josephine and Jagger. Now...nothing fits in.

#18 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 10:38 PM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

Our Son's Name is Gideon Edmund. It does get shortened to Gid, but I love it and would Go well with Joseph.

Elias Is Biblical,

Orrin

Phineus

Titus

Ephriam

Jonah

As For Us, We Have a boy and a girl. We are not finding out the gender of this one. Girl names are really tough on us. We Like Alexandria Ivy. That was tough to pick, especially because Alexandria is soooo popular and our kids names are uncommon. So i'm not in LOVE with it, but I think we'll call her Ivy, although I keep forgetting that and wanting to call her Lily!? We have a theme going where our kid's initials spell something. GEM and LAM. Alexandria Ivy would Be AIM, Which I Love.

For a boy we Chose Dashel Orren. DOM. I really like it. We aren't telling people the names because they have told us in the past they don't like Dashel. (♪♫Dash-ing thru the snow....) W/E!

We also Liked

Barrick, but not so much since the New President...

Garion

Titus

Phineus

And I personally liked, but DH didn't (Boy and girl names) Griffen, Vivian, Dominick, Scarlett, Garrison, Bennet, Pheobe, Zoe, Cloe, Audrey, Nadia, Xenia(Pronounced Kuh-Sen-Ya) Seth.....

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#19 of 21 Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyVorpe View Post

This is our 5th as well! but we have 2 boys and 2 girls already. We have used our favorite names up and unfortunately, we had a corny little 2 Js and 2 Bs theme, and now I cant find any good names that start with either and are unusual. We have a Brody and Bella (both were unusual at the time) and Josephine and Jagger. Now...nothing fits in.

If it's a boy, how about JB or BJ? That way you get both letters in! LOL. How about Jude, Jenson, Jasper, Juliet, Jordan, Blair, Beatrice, Bronson, Bennett? 

OP, with your boys' names, I like Isaac, Alexander, James, Eli, Samuel, and Luke. 

As for us... no idea! :)

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#20 of 21 Old 01-19-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narleegates View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

this makes me want to know what his name is!

orngbiggrin.gif  In the past I did share names but had some weird stuff happen online so I don't do that anymore.  I feel like such a tease by not saying though.  I think it is a "cool" name but both are names that are familiar enough...It must just be the two names combined that makes them sound nifty.  I've got lots of "Oh, he's going to be a rock star!"  and (this is an actual quote) "By the way...I love the name.  I think he's going to be a superhero."

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#21 of 21 Old 01-22-2011, 01:50 PM

Hi Mamas,

We have three boys and a girl.  Didn't know the sex of any babes until they arrived.  Had the boys names pretty much picked out ahead of time for the first two, and for the third, just had to narrow it down at birth.  We had too many for him James Anthony Micheal Edward S(surname).  Took out the Anthony and Edward and ended up with James Micheal S(surname).  Interesting though that  with the original listed names, the initials would still be JAMES.  So it was meant to be.   With dd, had NO names picked out ahead of time.  While in the hosp., I had a theme song for a kid's t.v. show going through my head... and the name Emily.  Then... the story of Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin... so the name Robin.  Emily Robin S(surname).   Expecting baby #5 in July and will not ponder names until baby is born.  We trust the names will come to us when the time is right. 

So... don't stress about names so much!  Just enjoy the pregnancy journey because it will be over before you know it! 

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page