Chat thread - 1/18-1/25 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 01-18-2011, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New chat thread for the next week or so!

tourist - Irritable uterus is pretty much as you describe, contractions that don't actually do anything. I have a tendency to have a lot of braxton hicks but they've kicked in earlier this time. I attribute that to having a very well-worn uterus lol.gif   I did start dilating around 36 weeks with my DD and was 4-5cm by 37 weeks and had several nights of real, painful contractions. She didn't make an appearance until just after 39 weeks, though. I attribute that to all of the stress going on with my DH's deployment, I don't think I'll have those issues this time around. 

Sarafi - I feel your frustration with the appointment system in the military, I'm glad everything with your pregnancy is okay and I hope things improve with the pelvic rest hug.gif

As for me, I had my 16 week appointment today. I'm 16/3 and measured 17. I had a feeling I'd be measuring a little large but that isn't odd for me. We had some concerns about twins last time but only found one strong heartbeat a couple of finger widths below my navel so I'm pretty confident there's only one baby.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#2 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 AM

~Katie~ - Ok, so it's just the annoyance of living with a totally annoying hard uterus for months on end?  Fun, fun! orngtongue.gif I totally had that last time, and suspect that I will again this go round as I had my first noticible BH at 8w and have noticed many since.  Last time I only started to notice them after 18w.  That would be interesting to be that dilated yet just waiting around for real labor to start.  It's like...the baby is soooo close to being born - but not.  The baby is teasing, lol.

I had my 14w appoinment yesterday which was really nice.  I got to hear the hearbeat again, which is always always always a welcome sound.  I've been feeling some movements too but sometimes it's so hard to tell the difference between the baby and a gas bubble.  Monday night my DS was laying across my belly nursing and I felt several movements so that was cool.  Usually I feel "for sure" baby movements when my belly is compressed somehow (like it is in these pants today!).  Anyway, I'm looking forward to my next appointment as it will be right before my big u/s.  I can't wait to find out what we're having so we can start looking at names and finish the nursery (although it's already about 75% done!).

I hope all is well with everyone.  orngbiggrin.gif

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#3 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 09:39 AM

Just got back from buying the first covers for my cloth diaper stash! I'm so excited! I found a lady on craigslist that was selling some of her cloth diaper supplies so I got 5 covers for $25. 2 Bummis white original size small, 1 Bummis Super Whisper Wrap celery dots size small, 1 Bummis Super Brite Pink size small and 1 Mother-Ease Rikki blue size small. They are in good condition and I'm happy with the price I paid. Yay!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#4 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM

great job Annie that's a very good price for those covers. I love buying CD's! I made the mistake of teaching myself how to make dipes and covers and wipes so now DH isn't so thrilled about me spending money on cloth diapers.

So I got a doppler today. I thought it would be a nice way for the older kids to bond and perhaps grasp the concept that theres a baby in my tummy. DH is unable to get away from the base for my Dr. appointments so he has never heard the baby and I also thought it would be nice for him to be able to have a quick listen. 

Well, I guess it takes a little more skill than I thought to find a baby on the doppler at 15 weeks. Little buggers are all over the place. I would pick up the HB then he or she would squirm away and hide so I just gave it a rest. I decided to try again later, and I got the HB pretty quickly and for a good 30 seconds. Made me so happy to know our bean is truckin along happily in there. Can't wait till DH gets home so he can hear.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#5 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 11:59 AM

Well I'm having kind of a bummed out day. greensad.gif  My 1st appt w/my homebirth midwife would've been today but she canceled because she did 3 births in -19 hrs. I completely understand that she needs rest but she said we'd resched. for next week...and my OB appt is next thurs. so I am a bit miffed.

The time between appt's moves soooo slowly, it's like torture. I really just want some reassurance that all is going well. I've been so focused on expecting to m/c that I think I've convinced myself that this baby wouldn't stick. I don't have any reason to believe I'd m/c (besides my Hx of m/c) and I do still feel pregnant, I'm just nervous and hate being in this "inbetween" stage.

I was going to break the news on FB after my appt today (as long as all went well), so I was looking forward to it being common knowledge.

Also, I think DD#2 has weaned. I can't remember the last time she nursed but I know she hasn't nursed since earlier this month. The milk was gone so she was dry nursing which was irritating for both of us. She takes longer to put down for naps since we don't nurse to sleep.

I've got mixed feelings about weaning since I remember how the relationship changed w/DD#1 when she weaned at 2.5 yrs. I'm having a hard time accepting that DD#2 won't be the baby, she's still so baby-ish in my eyes.

On the good side, DH just finished working 9 days in a row so he has the next 4 days off (including today). The nausea isn't as frequent and I'm picking up the pace on my exercise (did yoga twice yest. and hope to do more tonite!).

Headaches have appeared and I think it's due to not drinking enough water. I did some power-nesting this weekend, went through the ENTIRE stash of clothes i've accumulated from my DD's. Reorganized by age and came across some very cute 0-3 month old clothes (soooo tiny!). If this LO is a girl we're pretty set for the 1st yr or so. If it's a boy, well..everyone is going to think it's a girl. lol.gif

Hope everyone is having a better week than I. Love the updates from you ladies. thumb.gif

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

#6 of 25 Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 PM

My week has been quiet for the most part.  DH is away on a trip (left Sunday) and won't be home till Thursday evening.

I've started my cloth stash as well.  Got 10 dipes on freecycle all in great condition.  So excited.  I really want to learn how to sew some and have been scouring the diaper forum but I'm just not that talented with a sewing machine.  Guess it will give me something to work on for the next 6 months.

I agree, time is going by soooooo sloooooow between appointments.  Our MW told us that it will fly by and before you know it, it will be time to have the babe.

I'm looking forward to the next one.  I might sneak to DH's work and use the doppler between appointments--just for my own peace of mind. 

Have  a good week everyone!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#7 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

I hope you're having a better day today, inkedstar hug.gif

Today is my Friday since my DH has been working 11 days straight and now gets a four day to make up for it. I'm hoping we can do something fun with the kids tomorrow because he's been so scarce, I'm thinking the children's museum. 

I think once we start getting into things like the home visit and start acquiring birth supplies that it'll really hit me. It does feel like it's going by really fast and I don't have a whole lot of time to focus on it. 

My pelvis and hips are starting to bother me, looks like chiropractic care is in order. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#8 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 07:03 AM

AnnieA, TexasMum, & HawaiianBlessing - You are all awesome for starting your CD stashes!  I'm jealous. I'm waiting for a month where we aren't totally in the hole due to extraneous expenses (major car repairs, paying our cruise balance - yikes!)...so hopefully that will be next month.  I really want to get Swaddlebee's AIO side snap's in small.  They are by far my favorite diaper.  By far!  They are so trim and easy, I can't wait to buy more.  I love them.

TexasMum - Having a doppler is so cool!  I had one last time and didn't realize just how much comfort I got from it.  If I would have known then what I know now, I would have invested in purchasing one instead of renting.  Oh well.  That's super cool that now your DH will get to hear the baby too. 

Inkedstar - That is so lame.  Definitely understandable for your midwife to reschedule but how disappointing for you.  Hopefully this week flies by, your appointments will be here before you know it. It sounds like you've been nesting a lot...I'm thinking the same thing for our LO...If it turns out to be a girl, she'll be wearing a heck of a lot of blue infant clothes.  Enjoy your time with your DH, 9 days in a row of working is rough. 

I agree about time going slow between appointments.  My next appointment is on February 14th (OB) and February 15th (midwife), and then the big u/s sometime that week or the next.  I cannot wait!  I'm so looking forward to seeing the baby and all that good stuff.  Oh, but despite time going slow from appointment to appointment...I think overall time is going quite fast.  We're already a third of the way through, that seems impossible to me. 

Well, DH is sick, and I can feel that I have the cold too although it's not affecting me near as much as it is him.  Hopefully DS doesn't get it.  We're having cake at work this afternoon to celebrate someone's retirement and I usually work at home Thursday afternoon so I'm totally torn:  Stay at work while feeling crappy and eat yummy cake...or go home and rest.  Maybe I'll get myself some cake at the store on my way home...mmmmmm

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#9 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

~Katie~ - Have fun with your family.  11 straight days of work ... that's got to be hard on everyone.  Nice to get to spend a long weekend with him I'm sure.

#10 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 AM

PS this is one of 2 threads for the week....I started on Monday :-)

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#11 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 06:12 PM

awallrising - Opps!  I totally didn't even see the other one.  I guess we can all move into that one for this week?, or have two chats for a week. smile.gif 

#12 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

Well, DH is sick, and I can feel that I have the cold too although it's not affecting me near as much as it is him.  Hopefully DS doesn't get it.  We're having cake at work this afternoon to celebrate someone's retirement and I usually work at home Thursday afternoon so I'm totally torn:  Stay at work while feeling crappy and eat yummy cake...or go home and rest.  Maybe I'll get myself some cake at the store on my way home...mmmmmm

I vote for cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post

Sarafi - I feel your frustration with the appointment system in the military, I'm glad everything with your pregnancy is okay and I hope things improve with the pelvic rest hug.gif

As for me, I had my 16 week appointment today. I'm 16/3 and measured 17. I had a feeling I'd be measuring a little large but that isn't odd for me. We had some concerns about twins last time but only found one strong heartbeat a couple of finger widths below my navel so I'm pretty confident there's only one baby.

Aww, I love seeing all the stat.s from, everyones appointments--here's hoping that if you only wanted one, there really is only one baby in there :-)

I formally lodged my complaint a few days ago and had an interview with the head of the department I had complained about and with the Inspector General yesterday and feel that they will indeed be fixing things. Both were very respectful and open to suggestions on how a patient was viewing the care received and what simple and even more complex things they could do to fix the problems.

It's funny that the military can be so frustrating and rigid, and yet still have such a great system in place to address problems-- and in my experience if you take the time to complain about something that is clearly wrong it usually is fixed.

Also good news that the bleeding is almost stopped, but now I feel more guilty when I have to tell my current baby that he really can't nurse still! Poor guy, and he just learned how to say "why" in the sweetest voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedstar View Post

Well I'm having kind of a bummed out day. greensad.gif  My 1st appt w/my homebirth midwife would've been today but she canceled because she did 3 births in -19 hrs. I completely understand that she needs rest but she said we'd resched. for next week...and my OB appt is next thurs. so I am a bit miffed.

The time between appt's moves soooo slowly, it's like torture. I really just want some reassurance that all is going well. I've been so focused on expecting to m/c that I think I've convinced myself that this baby wouldn't stick. I don't have any reason to believe I'd m/c (besides my Hx of m/c) and I do still feel pregnant, I'm just nervous and hate being in this "inbetween" stage.

I was going to break the news on FB after my appt today (as long as all went well), so I was looking forward to it being common knowledge.

Also, I think DD#2 has weaned. I can't remember the last time she nursed but I know she hasn't nursed since earlier this month. The milk was gone so she was dry nursing which was irritating for both of us. She takes longer to put down for naps since we don't nurse to sleep.

I've got mixed feelings about weaning since I remember how the relationship changed w/DD#1 when she weaned at 2.5 yrs. I'm having a hard time accepting that DD#2 won't be the baby, she's still so baby-ish in my eyes.

Oh man, I agree I feel like some days fly by, but waiting for appointments seems to slow everything down to a crawl! Sticky baby vibes going your way.

Can I ask how you are doing with the naps now that you have weaned? Mines taking his first in three days after I hit my limit, strapped him in a stroller and put the Backyardagains on. Clearly that is not a plan I want to stick with, so any advice would be wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post

I hope you're having a better day today, inkedstar hug.gif

Today is my Friday since my DH has been working 11 days straight and now gets a four day to make up for it. I'm hoping we can do something fun with the kids tomorrow because he's been so scarce, I'm thinking the children's museum. 

I think once we start getting into things like the home visit and start acquiring birth supplies that it'll really hit me. It does feel like it's going by really fast and I don't have a whole lot of time to focus on it. 

My pelvis and hips are starting to bother me, looks like chiropractic care is in order. 

Yikes 11 days straight doesn't sound like fun! Go have a great time and enjoy him while you've got him :-)

#13 of 25 Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Katie- 11 days?! And i thought 9 days was alot. Now I feel lucky. Thanks :)

Tourist- Did you choose cake? WAH? Or have your cake and WAH too? wink1.gif

Sarafi- DD has always been nursed to sleep or DH would lay down with her til' she fell asleep. We co-sleep so putting her down is easy (i usually peruse the internet, read a book, etc) but it has become a bit more challenging since the nursing stopped (I remember this being the case w/DD#1 as well). If we don't make a point of putting her down for a nap (usually just 1 nap in the late morning/early afternoon) she gets very cranky so I feel she still needs it. I'm grateful for the naps especially since I stopped working, and DD#1 stopped napping when we weaned at 2.5 yrs.

I'd just try and find a time where you can get him to quite or have some "down time". No worries about the stroller + Backyardigans, we all have those days (DD#2 watches an awful lot of babysigns in the morning so I can enjoy my coffee and "wake up"). Is your DS potty-trained? I'm really needing to start DD#2 on potty-learning

Today has caused alot of anxiety, I posted another thread seeking input on the pain i'm having but haven't gotten much feedback. The pain is on my right side towards my back around my lower ribs. It's mild (worse when i'm laying still, or more noticable then). The advice nurse said it was prob. a back muscle that was pulled but it doesn't hurt worse when I move, the pain radiates in waves. No other symptoms but I did message my OB and got an appt. w/her colleague tomm. morning. I'll feel better once I know this pumpkin is ok, for now all I can think is that the worst (m/c) will happen.

Drinking a bunch of cranberry juice in case this turns out to be any UTI or kidney infection (i've never had neither but have read online they can be common in pregnancy).

DD#1 has been home the past few days sick, luckily DH is home til' monday or else I'd really be in bad shape.

Can't wait for answers tommorow!

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

#14 of 25 Old 01-23-2011, 03:40 PM

Inkedstar, did you find anything out with your appointment?

Hope everyone is doing well this week (or what's left of it!) I suddenly feel huge. I think mentally I am only like 6 weeks pregnant so I can't figure out why I'm so ROUND.

Can any of you CD mamas point me in the direction of a good resource for diapers? I am thinking I would like to try them with the new baby. I am so sick of buying diapers and emptying the big stinky trash. And I'm kind of scared of whats in the diapers after DS got a terrible rash from the pampers drymax diapers.  Do you think I could try them on DS? He will be two next month,  Maybe the feeling of the cloth will get him used to feeling wet and I can start to ease him into potty training?

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#15 of 25 Old 01-23-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

Inkedstar, did you find anything out with your appointment?

Hope everyone is doing well this week (or what's left of it!) I suddenly feel huge. I think mentally I am only like 6 weeks pregnant so I can't figure out why I'm so ROUND.

Can any of you CD mamas point me in the direction of a good resource for diapers? I am thinking I would like to try them with the new baby. I am so sick of buying diapers and emptying the big stinky trash. And I'm kind of scared of whats in the diapers after DS got a terrible rash from the pampers drymax diapers.  Do you think I could try them on DS? He will be two next month,  Maybe the feeling of the cloth will get him used to feeling wet and I can start to ease him into potty training?

My appt. on friday went ok. I was a bit miffed because they were running late and the OB who saw me (not my regular OB) was brisk w/me. I did get to hear the heartbeat (150 bpm) and then she sent a urine sample to the lab and instructed me to call in a couple days and see what the results were. My regularly sched. appt is on thurs.so I'm hoping for another bit of heartbeat listening (just can't get enough of it!)

Well, I called today and the advice nurse couldn't interpret the results by phone and an OB won't be avail. til' tommorow to C/B. The OB warned me that if I c/b and they "can't interpret my results" then one of my levels may be off so a UTI or kidney infection is possible. What irritates me most is the nurse said to come right in if the pain in my right side returns or other symptoms show up.

I've been feeling fine, just mainly tired. I did go to yoga class yest. and felt good doing it.

One great diaper trial is from jilliansdrawers.com. We started out w/the bummis "starter box" and enjoyed prefolds but wanted to try the AIO/pocket diapers so the jilliansdrawers diaper trial worked great. We stuck with bummis, bum genius/fuzzibunz for nighttime. We use hybrids (grovia) on vacation though. Good luck not getting addicted to the "fluff butt".

#16 of 25 Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 AM

ROTFLMAO.gifI'm glad everyone seems to be as concerned as I was about eating some cake.  I ended up going home, taking a nap (work?  yea, sure.), going and getting my son from the sitter's, then buying some cake for myself from the grocery store.  It was yummy!  Especially since I was all nice and rested. 

Inkedstar - That's very intersting about your lab results.  I wonder if you ended up cranberry juice curing the UTI?  I hate when the dr's office is useless..."Can't interpret the results" isn't cool.  Anyway, glad you're feeling better.  I wish I had energy to go do some yoga.  I am also in absolute love with listening to the heartbeat, I'm counting down the days to my next appointment. 

lovelylisa - The website Inkedstar mentioned (jilliansdrawers) seems to be *the* website for diaper trials.  I haven't used them personally because I like to waste money doing my own trial and error.  I still part-time cloth diaper my 2 yo DS now, as he's gotten older I've stopped using them as much.  Some weeks I use them constantly and other weeks not at all.  I wish I were more motivated to do laundry because I LOVE cloth diapers.  They work so much better and look so much cuter.  Love them.  As for potty training...I don't know if using cloth for that purpose will work.  My DS knows the difference between training underwear and any kind of diaper.  If he's not feeling like wearing underwear he insists on wearing a diaper (either kind).

sarafi - No advice for getting your LO down for naps, I've always been useless at getting my son to nap without nursing or driving.  Personally, I don't see anything wrong with using a little tv to help your son relax and fall asleep.  DH and I both use shows to entertain DS while we get ready every day.  It's not ideal but it's what gets us enough time to get out of the house in a timely manner.  Congrats that your bleeding is stopping.  That's great news!

I spent all weekend cleaning, and the house looks great, too bad it won't stay this clean for the next 6 months.  Oh well.  This weekend is my DS's 2nd birthday party so at least I won't have to clean much at all to get ready for that party.  We're having a Baskin Robbins Fudge Crunch Ice Cream cake so that should be good.  He has an egg allergy and I didn't want to (or have time to) experiment with homemade egg free cake recipes so that's what I'm getting.  Anyway, back to cleaning - I'm nesting like crazy.  I'm so tired, and all I want to do is NOT clean, but I am absolutely compelled to clean and organize.  I'm assuming that at some point my brain will let my body rest...I hope so at least!

#17 of 25 Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

We only got one extra day this weekend so not the 4 day I was expecting but he's supposed to get Friday and Monday off to make up for it. 

I too spent the whole weekend cleaning and going through toys and organizing things. Keeping on top of it seems to be the biggest issue, my kids have a tendency to dump out every single toy without cleaning up the previous one so we're working on that and so far it seems to be helping now that they have a routine down. I absolutely despise laundry and it just seems like we have mountains of it. I don't even worry about folding it anymore, so long as it's cleaning and in the designated child's room and occasionally makes it into the drawers I'm okay with that. Life with multiple children is all about shortcuts and picking your battles so I figure as long as everyone is fed and loved and getting their basic needs met we're doing okay. 

Is anybody else having trouble sleeping lately? If I'm not completely exhausted it's so tough to fall asleep at night and then I end up waking up around 3-4am and not being able to get back to sleep for several hours. I had to babysit this morning so I was definitely pulling out the coffee maker. 

#18 of 25 Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 AM

~Katie~ - I was going to say no about the insomnia, usually sleep is something super easy for me...Except for the occassions when it's not.  Last night was miserable.  I woke up at about 12:30am and then could not get back to sleep.  Of course this happens on a night when DS decides to sleep all night.  Boy, oh boy am I tired this morning!

#19 of 25 Old 01-25-2011, 06:32 AM

I had the weirdest thing happen to me last night.  I was sleeping with my cat curled up right next to me ... like always, and I woke up with an itchy rash all over the places where she was touching.  The side of my neck and my upper arms were all covered in raised bumps with redness.  Has anyone else suddenly become allergic to their pets during pregnancy? I wasn't sure if I could take any benedryl or not, so I suffered through the night.  I had to keep kicking the cat out of the bed.  That was the strangest thing ever!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#20 of 25 Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

~Katie~ - I was going to say no about the insomnia, usually sleep is something super easy for me...Except for the occassions when it's not.  Last night was miserable.  I woke up at about 12:30am and then could not get back to sleep.  Of course this happens on a night when DS decides to sleep all night.  Boy, oh boy am I tired this morning!

For the first few months I was sleeping really well and then all of a sudden this started, and just when my DD starts sleeping almost all night. I think maybe it's a combination of hormones and me being so used to waking at night with DD that I still do it even though she stays asleep.

Pregnancy seems to bring out anxiety for me at some point, this is probably the most stressful non-stressful pregnancy if that makes sense. I don't have to worry about my DH leaving which is a relief but we have to move in August and he still hasn't found a job (because he isn't looking, though hopefully we can remedy that next month). I'm weighing between him staying in the military and then hoping he gets a civilian equivalent to what he does now that will still cover our expenses (plus added expenses of healthcare and housing that we don't pay for now). I REALLY would rather he just get out and be done with it, to stay in he'd have to apply for a special program in June and I just feel like we'd be cutting it way too close if he didn't get accepted into it. 

#21 of 25 Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCo View Post

I had the weirdest thing happen to me last night.  I was sleeping with my cat curled up right next to me ... like always, and I woke up with an itchy rash all over the places where she was touching.  The side of my neck and my upper arms were all covered in raised bumps with redness.  Has anyone else suddenly become allergic to their pets during pregnancy? I wasn't sure if I could take any benedryl or not, so I suffered through the night.  I had to keep kicking the cat out of the bed.  That was the strangest thing ever!

Carrieco, That totally happened to me last time! My cat was snuggling up to me and burying his head in my armpit and I woke up covered in a rash around my arms and neck. I took a shower and it went away.... it didnt happen again but DH wanted to kick the cat out of the bedroom anyway so the cat never slept on me anymore.

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#22 of 25 Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 AM

I want tuna. Bad. One can of chunk light won't hurt, right? I know once I satisfy the craving, I won't want it again, but right now I want it more than ever. Who cares if it's 8am.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#23 of 25 Old 01-26-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMum View Post

I want tuna. Bad. One can of chunk light won't hurt, right? I know once I satisfy the craving, I won't want it again, but right now I want it more than ever. Who cares if it's 8am.

I eat tuna once in a while in pregnancy.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#24 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheSnow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMum View Post

I eat tuna once in a while in pregnancy.

So do I, but then again I am also A-OK with coffee, so take that with a grain of salt biglaugh.gif

#25 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM

Finally had my first OB/GYN appointment, small shock when she put the ultrasound on my stomach and we stared at a completely still baby for a few seconds, but then she pressed harder and all of the sudden I could see a heartbeat. Yikes, that was a scary few seconds.

I won't be scheduled for my next appointment until 24 weeks, so 10 weeks from now but will go in a do the anatomy scan around week 20 I think. So I will be living vicariously through all the updates of you lucky folks who go to real doctors, lol.

The doc also found a cyst in my breast, but I told her that I had just weaned and really think it's milk related but I still have to go into get an ultrasound and get it checked out. I am sure it is nothing, but the fact that I have to go in gives me something else to worry over. Plus it is the same breast I have a benign tumor in, which they have lost all records for so I will use this as an excuse to get pictures of the tumor again.

On a good note, I have been bleeding free for four days!!!! I guess weaning the big-boy was really a necessity. Poor baby, but he seems to be processing it better. He's talking about how he can't nurse a lot less and only asks a few times a day now.

Take care everyone!

**PS I have come to terms with the TV induced naps. The past few days it has taken less than 5 min. for him to pass out in front of the TV. I'll work on getting him to take real naps later, right?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page