Chat thread: 1-30 thru 2-5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How are you ladies doing?

AFM~ I've now thrown up more times in the second trimester than I did the first trimester.  And every time I throw up ... I pee a little. Does anyone believe that Kegels really work? I'm not so convinced!

I've now come to the conclusion that I'm allergic to my cat.  When I asked the doc about this, he said that it's probably due to a lowered immune system. I still find this explanation strange since I didn't have any problems with the cat during my last pregnancy. But, this pregnancy is very different than the last one!

I asked my doc why I was preapproved for a c-section and he said he didn't know anything about that and it must be a mistake in the billing office.  The office manager came in and kissed my butt,  so I never even had a chance to get angry about it.  So, everything is good with the doctor again.

Does anyone else find it strange the number of losses we've had in our ddc? I feel like it's a lot more than usual, and a lot more 2nd trimester losses. I feel so devestated for these women, and it makes me uneasy about my own pregnancy, esp. since I have the implantation bleed that I refused to keep doing ultrasounds for.

Hope everyone is well and starting to enjoy their pregnancy!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 01-29-2011, 07:38 AM

The losses in our DDC are definitely very sad and scary. I was nervous earlier in the week about my appointment yesterday but we heard the baby right away on the doppler. Carrie, sorry you are still throwing up! I know that my stomach issues have definitely changed since I've been in the second trimester.  Heartburn has shown up and it makes me burp and there have been many times when I've burped and felt like all my food was coming back up. No fun! I've also developed a fun new symptom that may or may not be related to the pregnancy. I have achilles tendonitis in my right ankle. It started last Sunday and is still going full force. I have an appt w/a foot and ankle doc on Wednesday but for now, I can hardly walk. I'm having to keep it iced and elevated just to relieve the awful pain. 

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#3 of 24 Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 AM

I'm doing pretty well actually.  2nd trimester is much better than 1st.  3 wks 'til I have my 20 wk U/S...sweating it a little bit b/c I was not taking vitamins when I got pregnant.  Just had my 16 wk blood tests so that will be another piece of the puzzle too.

CarrieCo- Glad the C-section debacle was explained to you & that you didn't have to get angry.  thumb.gif

My casein allergy went away last pregnancy (yeah ice cream!) but now it seems like it's worse with this one.  Weird.

I didn't realize that so many had lost their pregnancies.

I have been peeing when I cough hard & I had a C-section.

DH just told me that I need to stop "coddling" DS by cutting off the crusts of his bread.  Coddling?  GMAB!  That sounds like something is mean father would say (actually DHs father forbid the cutting off of crusts).  At least he isn't trying to forbid it, guess he knows better orngtongue.gif

"Broke up" with one of my BFFs last week, it's been a long time coming.  The last straw was her "attack" against me on Facebook over a controversial subject that we disagree on.  I am one of the last (if not the last) of her "old" friends to hang on with her.  Verbally attacking a friend is not nice & it's esp. not nice when she's pregnant....tho' she told me not to hide behind being pregnant.  I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting people to be a little nicer when you're pregnant!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#4 of 24 Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 AM

I feel sad about all the losses as well. I was feeling the baby move a lot during week 15 but this last week (week 17) I haven't felt anything. My belly popped out yesterday so I am still growing. I have an appt. on Friday and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and know everything is okay!

I think I have a sinus infection. I am a teacher so there are a lot of colds going around. The nurse for my OB said she wants me to come in Monday if my cold doesn't get better and really is a sinus infection. I really don't want to deal with this right now! To much going on at work and I have parent teacher conferences after work everyday! 

#5 of 24 Old 01-29-2011, 05:49 PM

The losses in this DDC do seem to be plentiful, especially second trimester losses. It breaks my heart every time I see a mama from here going through that pain. I had three early first trimester losses and they were very difficult. At the time they didn't take a toll on me as they should've I guessed. I was several years younger and I guess I didn't focus on it as much as I should have. If I was to have one now, even an early one after having children, I would be devastated.

We had our elective scan today. It was amazing to see the baby in 3D/4D and to know the baby is okay. Everything on facial development was good and spine was great. I worry about spina bifida as my grandfather's brother died from it as an infant. As for gender, who knows! We saw pretty definite boy parts, but we also have some shots where the boy parts are MIA, but no lines indicating a girl either. We also caught the baby holding onto or grabbing something well below the cord. I was like, "Oh geez. Please mind your manners." The sonographer laughed and told me if it is indeed a boy, it only gets worse further along. I am (and DH too) very excited we may finally have a boy on the way. It will be the first boy on my mother's side of the family in 63 years.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#6 of 24 Old 01-29-2011, 05:56 PM

I too feel just awful there have been many losses. I myself had had a few losses and it can be very hard, and it is still hard for me to know what to say to other women:(

Oh, Amy! I am kinda going through the same thing with one of my BF's. We stopped talking around Halloween and I don't even know if she knows I am pregnant. Our daughters are BFF's and they are only 8, so of course they have not seen each other, so sad... but we had a "moral" disagreement I guess:/

On to happy stuff, I wanted to share my awesome pic of my baby http://celestialbaby.com/2011/01/firecracker-2011/ I never had a 3D US with any of my pregnancies and this is just super amazing to me. This will be probably our only U/S unless there are concerns later.

I don't know about the kegels...I try to do them, but not often enough. I pee when ever I sneeze!

I'm a  Christian, homeschooling, kinda crunchy mama to 3, lucky step-mom to 1 and expecting a new firecracker in Julysaynovax.gifhomeschool.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.gifsewmachine.gif
#7 of 24 Old 01-29-2011, 10:16 PM

Carrieco-- so sorry to hear about your new allergy to your cat.  I'm a groomer and I would highly recommend a product called allerpet-c.  You can get it very inexpensively on Amazon.  The other option is frequent bathing.  It's usually not the dander as everyone things but more the saliva that people are allergic to.  Cats lick themselves to mark themselves then they rub it over their "territory." 

I've read a couple other places where people have developed a sudden allergy during pregnancy and then it resolves after birth.

Hope the vomiting stops soon!

All the losses are a terrible thing.  It breaks my heart to read them brokenheart.gif.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#8 of 24 Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 AM

Allergies - I've heard of allergies resolving during pregnancy so I suppose it's possible that you could acquire new ones. I normally have really bad seasonal allergies during the summer but since my pregnancy with DS they haven't been a problem at all. I've had sinus issues during this pregnancy and have been relying a lot on the neti pot.

Very cute ultrasound picture! I had an ultrasound at the end of DS's pregnancy and the tech switched over to 3D and it was cool to see. My ultrasound for this baby will be scheduled for after 20 weeks (maybe after 24, can't remember when she said she likes to do them) and I haven't been to this radiology office before. I didn't get to watch the one ultrasound for DD or get pictures so hopefully this time they'll let me look. 

I'm 18 weeks now and feeling lots of kicks. Based on palpation this baby seems to like to hang out transverse and already has a love affair with their placenta, and is hanging out really low. It's crazy how fast this pregnancy is going, almost half way there! My baby is going to be two in 3.5 months and the new baby will arrive shortly after, crazy!  I've been following the brewer diet and seeing a big difference in my weight gain, it seems to have trained my taste buds to avoid sugar and bad carbs and crave protein instead. So far I'm up 14 pounds, normally by this time I'm usually up 20. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#9 of 24 Old 01-30-2011, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

subbing :)

I am 'glad' to hear I'm not the only one who is still really sick. I know the MW is going to tell me I need to eat more. I've gained 2lbs in 15w. Which is soooo out of the usual for me, I am a lifetime dieter, I have to watch every crumb that passes my lips. So this is very much out of character.

I feel like DS was transverse until 30ish weeks. I don't feel like there is anything you can do about what way your baby is laying, so I don't really worry :)

This friday we schedule our anatomy scan, we want to know gender so hopefully will find that out!

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#10 of 24 Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

I...sweating it a little bit b/c I was not taking vitamins when I got pregnant.  

"Broke up" with one of my BFFs last week, it's been a long time coming.  The last straw was her "attack" against me on Facebook over a controversial subject that we disagree on.  I am one of the last (if not the last) of her "old" friends to hang on with her.  Verbally attacking a friend is not nice & it's esp. not nice when she's pregnant....tho' she told me not to hide behind being pregnant.  I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting people to be a little nicer when you're pregnant!

ROTFLMAO.gifI  wasn't taking any vitamins either, and told my cousin last week that I am fully counting on all the crazy vitamins they fortify kids cereal with as I was on quite the cereal kick right before I got pregnant! That's gotta work right?

Man, your "friend" sounds lame. Sorry about that. I have old friends and just acquaintances on FB that can post some things that I completely disagree with (and I know I sometimes do the same) and there is no attacking on my account! Sheesh some people, and no you do not need the stress of that anytime, much less when you are trying to grow a baby!

#11 of 24 Old 01-30-2011, 10:22 PM

Speaking of all these early and late losses... I am starting to spot again! WTH? Still on complete "vaginal rest" and stopped nursing. The only other thing I could think of would be to stop carrying my almost two-year old but I don't do it often and sometimes you just have to.

I have NEVER even a little bit spotted and this is my fourth baby. At this point baby looks good, and unless I start to hemorrhage I just chill out I guess. Does anyone have any advise, any BTDT experiences?

Do I just get to spot the whole time, or what? I am very over this worrying at this point, and it's kind of hard to connect to a baby that I am kind of feeling might not make it. Yuck, I know this is mainly hormones and I will probably feel differently when I can start feeling movements--we are only 15 weeks now and I haven't felt anything definite yet.

TIA

#12 of 24 Old 01-31-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafi View Post

Speaking of all these early and late losses... I am starting to spot again! WTH? Still on complete "vaginal rest" and stopped nursing. The only other thing I could think of would be to stop carrying my almost two-year old but I don't do it often and sometimes you just have to.

I have NEVER even a little bit spotted and this is my fourth baby. At this point baby looks good, and unless I start to hemorrhage I just chill out I guess. Does anyone have any advise, any BTDT experiences?

Do I just get to spot the whole time, or what? I am very over this worrying at this point, and it's kind of hard to connect to a baby that I am kind of feeling might not make it. Yuck, I know this is mainly hormones and I will probably feel differently when I can start feeling movements--we are only 15 weeks now and I haven't felt anything definite yet.

TIA

I'm still spotting, sometimes it even gets to be like a light period. With DD1 and DD2, I spotted up until around 15 weeks. Then all spotting ceased. With DD3, I toted DD1 and DD2 around, did things I wasn't supposed to (i.e. heavy lifting), etc. etc. and never had the first spotting episode until I went into labor. With this one, I spotted right before I found out I was pregnant, I guess implantation spotting. Then at 8 weeks all the drama started with the SCH. Even though the SCH resolved by 11 weeks, I'm still spotting at 16 weeks. I feel the baby move often enough and I'm starting to feel better about it, but it's hard. It's taking a toll on all aspects of my life at the moment.

Hugs! I hope things get better for you soon!

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#13 of 24 Old 01-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriket View Post

. I know the MW is going to tell me I need to eat more. I've gained 2lbs in 15w. Which is soooo out of the usual for me, I am a lifetime dieter, I have to watch every crumb that passes my lips. So this is very much out of character.

I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to focus on weight gaining.  At my 14w appointment I was up only 1 pound, but started out this pregnancy 3lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight from DC1 which put me borderline underweight.  My mw told me that I really need to up my fat stores this time so she wants me to gain 5lbs before my 18w appointment.  We'll see.  I think I'm on track, hopefully I don't gain too much though.  Last pregnancy I only gained about 7lbs of fat (I lost 35lbs within the week after my son was born) so hopefully I can gain a bit more padding this go round (and hopefully not as much water!!).  

This weekend we got the crib mattress, so now we only need the dresser and the crib bedding (which I'm waiting on until we find out the baby's gender).  I can't believe how far ahead of the game we are this time considering how far behind we were last time.  I guess in our defense, this time our nursery started out as an essentially empty room, last time we were clearing out a nearly full room and trying to distribute that stuff throughout our tiny house.  Thankfully we've since moved and have plenty of space this time.

sarafi & Charlize - Sorry that you're both spotting.  That would be quite unnerving.  hug2.gif I haven't spotted this time, but I did spot a tiny bit at times during my last pregnancy.  Each spotting event would totally freak me out, and it was barely anything.  I hope it stops soon for you both!

kriket - Yay for the anatomy scan.  Ours won't be for another 2 or three weeks, I can't wait!

Katie - That's so cool you're feeling lots of kicks. I'm feeling lots of "Oooh that was a kick!  Oh wait...maybe it was gas?  OOoh it was a kick!  Ugh, I think."  ROTFLMAO.gifI can't wait to get a little further along.  

amayhew - Cool pic, thanks for sharing!

AnnieA - You're ankle sounds super painful.  Ouch!   I hope they can do something for you.

awallrising - Sorry your friend was being lame.  I haven't experienced that myself, but one of my BFF's had a similar experience recently and the eventual implosion of the relationship was not pretty.

CarrieCo - Sorry about your newly found cat allergy.  Not cool.  And the puking.  I haven't thrown up at all this pregnancy but I still get really really strong feelings of sickness in the evening on some days.  They're so strong that I think I'm going to throw up but thankfully haven't.  As for kegels....Somewhere on mdc there's a thread about kegels, it's very interesting.  It talks about voluntary and involuntary muscles and how kegels only work voluntary muscles and to help *tone* the pelvic floor you need to work on all the muscles which can be done by doing squats.  Anyway, if you can find it (Might be in "I'm Pregnant") it's worth the read.  

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#14 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 AM

CarrieCo: You might want to read the "Kegels, kegels, kegels" thread from I think last week, if you haven't already. There's a great article link in there about why kegels really don't help with the "not peeing" part of things. Oddly enough, unprompted, my midwife mentioned exactly what is talked about in that article yesterday. Squats (gentle squats, no weights or anything) help strengthen the pelvic floor far more than kegels do.

I had my monthly midwife appointment yesterday and finally got to hear the heartbeat on doppler. Only for a few seconds though, this baby is a real wriggler! Our anatomy scan will be scheduled for the end of Feb/first week of March, so hopefully we'll be able to find out the sex. I also discovered that I've lost weight. Whoops. I'm now down half a pound from where I was at 8 weeks. My midwife isn't too worried (as I'm quite overweight to start with, so I have lots of stores for the baby to pull from) but I definitely don't want to go down any futher.

I wanted to ask you ladies - when is the test for gestational diabetes typically done? Neither my doctor nor my midwife have mentioned it to me. I'm happy about that and I'm not sure if I'll do the test or not, but I'm curious when it's typically done.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#15 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 AM

Typically, the test is done at 27 weeks. I have been seeing lots of women getting the glucose tolerance test as early as 8 weeks though lately. Failing the test at 8 weeks would seem more of a case of diabetes mellitus (type 2) than actual gestational diabetes, but what do I know? I have fought with gestational diabetes through all of my pregnancies. It's an over diagnosed pain in the rear. I have learned to request a hemoglobin A1C blood draw instead of the glucose tolerance test. Our bodies work so much differently when we are pregnant and we all process sugars differently. Doesn't mean we are diabetic, just pregnant!

javilu likes this.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#16 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM

Friday we should definitely know what we're having. We have both convincing boy shots and convincing girl shots. I've never had that happen before! I was gonna stay team green, but when she turned the ultrasound machine on Saturday the baby was in a perfect potty shot position and it looked like a girl as I didn't see anything poking out, but I didn't see any lines either. After that, I had to know!

I'm hoping for a good week. I really need one.

#17 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM

Well, I'm a little bummed out. Went for my 16 week appointment today and he tried to find the baby's HB, couldn't really, said he heard it faintly in the background for a second, tried a little longer (while pressing crazy hard on my stomach!) and then gave up! He then said, "well I heard it, I hope you did!" I said "are you sure?", he said "yup!"...and that was that!  Now I should mentoin that I have a doppler at home and have heard the baby a couple times so far this pregnancy, will try again tonight for reassurance sake) but his whole manner about it just kind of ticked me off.  

Anyone else switch Drs/midwives half way through? I really should do this- but I guess I'm reluctant to make the switch. He won't be the one catching the baby anyway (due to how the health care system works here).

Otherwise, still sick - and dying for this phase to be over!!! Not feeling the baby move very often and am really looking forward to having more of a connection with him/her. I've got my U/S in 3 more weeks and really hoping we'll be able to find out the gender.

Nice to hear how things are going with everyone else. 

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#18 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 PM

I kind of swiched care providers during my last pregnancy.  Started out with an OB, as I was not immediately sure I wanted to do a homebirth, but at 20w I went and started seeing the midwives.  I didn't quit seeing my OB, I received shadow care from him until about 34w with him knowing I was planning a homebirth, but I totally didn't need to keep seeing him.  I only kept seeing him so that if a problem were to arise that he would take me back on as a patient so late in the game. 

Anyway, feeling comfortable with your provider is very important - If you aren't comfortable, by all means switch.  16w is definitely not too late to find someone you actually like.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#19 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 PM

I switched my OB at 9 weeks. I don't think 16 weeks is too late. You need to do what works best for you. I wish I had switched midwives with DS. She did a lot of things that I wasn't happy with and later I found out she lost her license. I loved my midwife practice with DD. Trust your instincts. 

I am so stressed about money this month! It seems like all the bills are coming this month! I pay a a lot for health insurance and as a teacher you would think it would be pretty good. Even with my "great" insurance I have a $300 deductible and 20% of testing for an ER visit that was in November. Because it was before January 1st I still have to meet another deductible for this baby. Our stove isn't working so I need a repair person and DD just got 3 cavities (over $200 with insurance!). I know that my OB wants to schedule more lab work to check my thyroid and schedule the 20 week ultrasound. I still haven't bought any baby stuff! I wonder if I can at least refuse the lab work for my thyroid. I have it tested yearly and it was tested at 8 weeks. 

#20 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM

With my last pregnancy (DD) I switched providers at 32 weeks. :) I had been going to an OB who was OK, but they had already, well before this point, been mentioning induction (because I was due 12/24) I had been considering changing to a midwife and we have a great free-standing birth center relatively locally. So, I went for it. Had to do a lot of paperwork crap of course, but otherwise it was no problem. There were 5 midwives there at the time and my only problem was that I didn't get to meet them all before the birth-but luckily one who I had met was actually at the birth. It was a great decision for us.

I hope eveyone who is feeling poorly or having problems starts feeling better, and yay for those who are feeling good. I'm feeling pretty good most of the time now, other than some morning queasiness that usually subsides mid-morning. I'm still not feeling anything as far as baby moving, but I've felt the baby late with my other 2 pregnancies, so I'm not shocked. I think I'll be feeling things within the next week or so.

I had my anatomy scan and amnio today, and everything looks great. They had a hard time getting heart and spine shots as the baby was such a wriggly little ball, and they were going to have me come back in a few weeks, but after the amnio itself baby changed position and was a lot more cooperative, LOL. We joked that the needle scared it into cooperating. We're staying team green this time around so did not find out gender, although I did watch a little of that part of the US. Nothing obvious seen though. I'm not averse to finding out this time, but as I made that decision for the last 2 kids I let DH decide this time and he didn't want to find out. We already have one of each so have tons of clothes for either one so it doesn't matter. Now I'm just waiting for the amnio results so I can breathe easier-we'll be getting early results for trisomy 13, 18 and down's in 2-3 days, then the final results in a  couple weeks.

We're closing in on half way there!! Yay!

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#21 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Good luck with your amnio results, Kelly! 

I definitely agree that finding a care provider who is reassuring and kind and compassionate is a good idea and it's definitely not too late to switch. 

I feel like such a grump over the last few days. My DD is working on two year molars and is having a tough time, and my DS has been having behavioral issues. If I wasn't feeling so tired and out of energy I'd be able to cope much better. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#22 of 24 Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post

Good luck with your amnio results, Kelly! 

I definitely agree that finding a care provider who is reassuring and kind and compassionate is a good idea and it's definitely not too late to switch. 

I feel like such a grump over the last few days. My DD is working on two year molars and is having a tough time, and my DS has been having behavioral issues. If I wasn't feeling so tired and out of energy I'd be able to cope much better. 

I've been a big grump this week too Katie. hug2.gif My very good friend is moving out of state and I'm having such a hard time dealing with the emotions right now. DD#2 is working on her 2 yr molars and is being an absolute monster towards her sister (hitting, pushing, kicking, etc).

I feel awful for both of them because I have absolutely no patience with the fighting. Hoping the "Playful Parenting" book I checked out will work, also trying to make yoga mandatory this week.

Feeling ok otherwise, definentally feeling some bumps in the belly now. On some days the nausea returns but mainly it's quelled by a small meal. I may be getting a cold so I'm drinking alot of tea tonite to try and stave it off.

I started I step-class last week and love how it's kicking my butt. I modify alot of the jumpy moves but keep up pretty well and make myself crack up when I lose the routine (the instructor moves pretty fast!).

Tommorow is my 1st m/w appt (granted she doesn't resched. again praying.gif) and I'm really looking forward to reconnecting with my m/w. Hope we can trace a heartbeat on the doppler and also hope my 2 yr old DD cooperates with the appt and the drive there (40 min each way).

grouphug.gif Big hugs for all those mama's still battling the sickness. Hoping you feel better soon! Keep your chin up!

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

#23 of 24 Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 AM

mumofmak: It's definitely not too late to change providers. You need someone who YOU will be comfortable with! If you're not happy with the current one I would absolutely try to find someone else right away.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#24 of 24 Old 02-02-2011, 12:46 PM

I think I felt the baby move a couple of times this afternoon. But it was up high near my belly button. Is that weird? Anyways, it was a pretty cool feeling. Definitely not gas! Sheepish.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page