20 wks u/s today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-04-2011, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Actually it was 19wk 4days, but close enough.  All looked good, baby still has some chroinic plexus cysts and an echo on the heart, but it doesn't sound like that's anything to worry about, just a variation of normal.  Baby measured at 11oz and the size looked great, hands, feet, face, and cord insertion were perfect, so it all puts my mind at ease:)  Oh yeah and he's a boy!  This is our 3rd boy in a row, my oldest son was very happy, but the girls were bummed as they really wanted another sister.  Now I'm working on getting dh to agree to the name Gabriel Henry, which I have fallen in love with.  Anyone have ideas on how to convince him?

#2 of 10 Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Congratulations! I think its a great name. We thought of using it many years ago, but its time has passed in our household. Henry is a good middle name with it too.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#3 of 10 Old 02-06-2011, 07:23 AM

Congratulations! smile.gif

Is your DH against the name, or have you started working on him about it yet? I'd be tempted to just start referring to the baby by that name and let DH get used to it, but I'm pushy that way orngbiggrin.gif I guess otherwise, just ask him what it is he doesn't like about the name and see if you can put his concerns to rest?

I do love the name Gabriel, it's on my boy name list as well smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#4 of 10 Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Ha ha ha!  I guess I'm pushy that way too, I've started calling babe Gabriel and all the kids have to.  I did that after he said he didn't care what I name the baby.  I know he doesn't mean that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

Is your DH against the name, or have you started working on him about it yet? I'd be tempted to just start referring to the baby by that name and let DH get used to it, but I'm pushy that way orngbiggrin.gif I guess otherwise, just ask him what it is he doesn't like about the name and see if you can put his concerns to rest?

#5 of 10 Old 02-06-2011, 08:27 AM

oh! I should have read this before I posted! My u/s came back with CPC's too - this is the first time I've ever heard of them! In a way, it's a little relieving to hear of someone else with the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post

Actually it was 19wk 4days, but close enough.  All looked good, baby still has some chroinic plexus cysts and an echo on the heart, but it doesn't sound like that's anything to worry about, just a variation of normal.  Baby measured at 11oz and the size looked great, hands, feet, face, and cord insertion were perfect, so it all puts my mind at ease:)  Oh yeah and he's a boy!  This is our 3rd boy in a row, my oldest son was very happy, but the girls were bummed as they really wanted another sister.  Now I'm working on getting dh to agree to the name Gabriel Henry, which I have fallen in love with.  Anyone have ideas on how to convince him?

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#6 of 10 Old 02-06-2011, 08:27 AM

Does he have anything specific against the name, or just doesn't like it?

Quote:

Ha ha ha!  I guess I'm pushy that way too, I've started calling babe Gabriel and all the kids have to.  I did that after he said he didn't care what I name the baby.  I know he doesn't mean that though.

Quote:

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#7 of 10 Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

All he says is that he doesn't really care for it.  When I made up a list of names originally, it was the name he liked best on the list, so I thought it would probably work.  Now he just flat out refuses to discuss names at all and he won't look at the baby name book to show me any names he likes.  I made up another list of names a few days ago and he refuses to look at them as well.  I'm really at a loss as to what to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenofsimple View Post

Does he have anything specific against the name, or just doesn't like it?

Quote:

Quote:

#8 of 10 Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 PM

Congrats!  I really like that name. 

#9 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:

All he says is that he doesn't really care for it.  When I made up a list of names originally, it was the name he liked best on the list, so I thought it would probably work.  Now he just flat out refuses to discuss names at all and he won't look at the baby name book to show me any names he likes.  I made up another list of names a few days ago and he refuses to look at them as well.  I'm really at a loss as to what to do...

I like the name Gabriel too! The way your husband is actually quite amusing..  ROTFLMAO.gif I wouldn't worry too much about it - he will come around.

#10 of 10 Old 02-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Your husband sounds like mine! Gabriel is a great name, congrats!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page