is it too soon for this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hiya ladies... I remember towards the end when I was pregnant with DS I would feel a lot of pressure down low.  I'm feeling the same way now, especially when I first get up in the morning and I'm only like 17/18 weeks or so. I asked the MW and she said it was normal to feel the pressure. But what is it? Is the baby trying to escape?  Do you know what I mean? Anyone one else feel this? :)

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#2 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)

I haven't felt a lot of cervical pressure if that's what you mean, but I remember getting that a lot when DS...esp after an internal exam.  I don't think it kicked in until closer to 3rd trimester though.

I have felt what I always assumed was Braxton Hicks pressure.  With DS, I didn't notice it until quite a bit later, but this time I've been noticing it the last week or so if I'm walking a lot.  It disappears as soon as I sit still, so it's behaving the same.  I keep reading that it's more normal for BH type pressure to kick in earlier with each pregnancy.

Good luck!  Hope other people chime in with experiences.  One of my preggo pet peeves is "it's just one of those things"! 

#3 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 AM

I feel downward pressure in my pelvic area from the baby moving, this baby seems to run away from palpation and dopplers so downward it tends to go. I also feel braxton hicks pretty regularly, especially when I have a full bladder and use the bathroom or I've been on my feet a lot. That doesn't feel like vaginal pressure to me though, it's a painless tightening all over my belly. Is the pressure concentrated on your bladder?  

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#4 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 AM

I have been feeling a lot of sensation/looseness in my vaginal area in general.  Not necessarily from the baby being down there or being heavy down there but as a result of hormones loosening things up or making things swell a bit down there (I think that is what is happening and I do think this can be normal for some women).  I am 18.5 weeks pregnant and I will say the sensations/looseness I have been feeling me are making me worry a bit about how I will feel when the baby is bigger and head down!  For now I am trying to do Kiegles and get my pelvic floor muscles working.  I am sure I need to be doing this more than I am though!

#5 of 7 Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 PM

It could be Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/symphysis-pubic-dysfunction.aspx It's not too early to start experiencing symptoms of it.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#6 of 7 Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm, interesting info ladies. I guess maybe it's braxton hicks. It doesn't hurt at all, it just feels like pressure. I've tried stretching and readjusting and its been relieved some, so it's probably just some crazy pregnancy thing.

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#7 of 7 Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 PM

I have a similar feeling. I am pretty sure my placenta is anterior, my belly feels sore/bruised almost, and I have a pressure feeling in the morning too. I have assumed it was due to the probable location of the placenta? I've never noticed this in my other pregnancies, but I've also never had an anterior placenta, so that was the only thing I could think of that it could be...

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page