Previous C-Section Mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone having extra pain down low this time around?

Right above my pubic bone and quite far across I'm having some pretty intense pain. It hurts much worse when I walk and practically doubles me over. I've never experienced this pain before. No spotting, bleeding or cramping, so I'm trying not to freak out.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#2 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 AM

Nope, no pain here. I think you should call the doctor! Do you know if he used a single layer stitch or double layer to sew up your uterus?   Ina May says that your supposed to use double to prevent problems like the placenta growing through the incision.  Hope you get some relief soon!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#3 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

I think she did a double with both of my c-sections. I know she said she closed all layers on her way out. I also know my placenta is posterior and away from the incision, so that's good too.

The pain has ceased. It may have been from carrying DD3 so much this weekend and moving things around the house, both of which I shouldn't have been doing. I'm having crazy back pain, too.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#4 of 6 Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 PM

Hi, I've heard that moms who have had previous c-sections can sometimes have adhesions that, upon being pregnant again, can begin to break up, which can be painful.  Glad that you're not in pain any longer!!

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
#5 of 6 Old 02-09-2011, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

If it's the adhesions I hope they all break away before I attempt a VBA2C!

I haven't had any more pain at all. I guess maybe I just really overdid things.

#6 of 6 Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 PM

If you want to help the adhesions, you could see a Mayan Abdominal Massage practitioner. I know a couple of them, and they have said wonderful things about it specific to adhesions. I actually want to have my daughter treated, because she has so many surgical scars and I want to prevent pain as she grows...

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page