Mothering Forum banner

Chat thread: Feb 7th -12th

916 views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  SuburbanHippie 
#1 ·
Just checking in again ... How is everyone doing?

ASF~ I'm still feeling tired and lazy, but most other symptoms have subsided. Now I'm at the point where I really don't feel pregnant. When I was pregnant with the boys I started showing at 14 weeks. I thought I would at least show by now with this pregnancy at 15 weeks since everyone says you show sooner the second time ... but, I just look fat! lol

I'm counting down until I can find out the sex of the baby!

Hope the rest of you are doing well!

#2 ·
19/2 weeks here and feeling much further along in terms of appetite and energy level. My appetite is definitely slowly down and it's getting harder to eat, I'm feeling sluggish but having a tough time sleeping at night. Despite that I've gained another 3lbs. in a week after being at a stand-still for a while. Feeling regular intervals of movement but this baby seems to be a quiet, calm one. My DS was very relaxed in utero, my DD was a rocker and roller.

#3 ·
My next OB appointment is on Wednesday. I plan on having her send my records to a midwife group for a VBA2C consult. I'm so thankful the ACOG recently okay'd VBA2C. I think my chances since I had a natural vaginal birth with DD1 would be good. I'm very anxious to meet with them and see what they say. It's more or less like if they won't do it, probably no one will. I'm not happy about it will have to be in a hospital, but I'm sure it will be what's best and the nurses in L & D are super supportive of VBACs and of course the midwives are too. I'm scared, but also looking forward to the possibility of being able to have a VBAC baby. My c-sections have not been hard on me physically. I recovered pretty easily from them, but I want to be able to have a baby naturally so long as it's safe for baby and I both.

I'm hoping for a good week for all of us. =)

#4 ·
I just got a call from my midwife. I decided that this time I would do the IPS test (integrated prenatal screening). I really didn't care about the genetics results, but it does talk about the placenta and since DD was early, I felt that could be important information. Turns out the placenta functions look super amazing!

We also chatted briefly since I was at a birth with the same collective last ngiht and the midwives were raving about me to everyone who would listen. So sweet!

This week I have our anatomy scan and a fetal echocardiogram (DBIL was born with transposition of the greater arteries and DD has an ASD) so it is still a big week for us. Hope it goes smoothly!

Charlize - hope that the request goes smoothly!

#5 ·
Charlize- Hope the VBAC2 request goes well. Will you discuss it with the doctors soon or will they wait until you're further along? I hope you find an OB willing to do the VBAC2, just gather as much info as you can and think positive!
thumb.gif

Nicole- Hope the anatomy scan goes well, will you find out baby's sex? Our anatomy scan is next week (2/16) so I know this last week will take forever to get through!

I'm relating alot to the sluggish ladies this week.
sleepytime.gif
I had a cold last week (which I fought off valiantly but it still pushed through) but I'm slowly feeling better. I've had a little sleep trouble and find myself looking forward to the next sleep opportunity as soon as I can drag myself out of bed in the morning.
shy.gif

I last got to work out a week ago and miss my step/yoga classes. I'm not as comfy in my preggo body this time because I am a bit heavier than last time and being such I am more sore and sluggish.

I've felt a bit more movement but still feel anxious for some reason about M/C. Found out my cousin M/C last week (she was approx 6 weeks along) so that is a big bummer.

Focusing on perking up and feeling better this week! Hope everyone is doing well. Jumping belly stage is fast approaching!

#7 ·
I'm dealing with a cold (post nasal drip is so lame!), DH has a cold, DS has a cold. DS actually had a fever of over 101 for 5 days. Thankfully the motrin would make it go away, but it was not cool. He still has a cough and super runny nose...All this from one little girl coming to his birthday party when she clearly shouldn't have been there. She was coughing all over *everyone* and didn't once cover her mouth. In fact, when my bff asked her to cover her mouth she gave my bff a rude look and continued coughing her deep croupy cough everywhere. I thought my head was going to burst, it was so very frustrating! In addition to all that, DS is also getting his two top molars so he's getting beat up in all kinds of ways, poor little guy.

I need to go to bed. I'm tired. It's been one heck of a lame week with everyone sick.

Sorry for the whiney "me, me, me" chat.
redface.gif

#9 ·
hug2.gif
Sorry you're feeling the ick. I was in your spot last week, luckily this week I'm feeling better by the day. Lots of fluids and rest for ALL of you.

The worst part about birthday parties is the kids who show up and spread the plague.
irked.gif
Colds always bring the croup (along with weeks of coughing for asthmatic DD#1) in our house so the sleep-less nights get to be enjoyed by everyone in the household.

I also second using the echinacea tea. It was when I decreased the amount that the cold really pushed through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

I'm dealing with a cold (post nasal drip is so lame!), DH has a cold, DS has a cold. DS actually had a fever of over 101 for 5 days. Thankfully the motrin would make it go away, but it was not cool. He still has a cough and super runny nose...All this from one little girl coming to his birthday party when she clearly shouldn't have been there. She was coughing all over *everyone* and didn't once cover her mouth. In fact, when my bff asked her to cover her mouth she gave my bff a rude look and continued coughing her deep croupy cough everywhere. I thought my head was going to burst, it was so very frustrating! In addition to all that, DS is also getting his two top molars so he's getting beat up in all kinds of ways, poor little guy.

I need to go to bed. I'm tired. It's been one heck of a lame week with everyone sick.

Sorry for the whiney "me, me, me" chat.
redface.gif

#10 ·
I hope you ladies start feeling better soon! I had a stomach bug over the weekend and couldn't keep a thing down. Now I am just congested. Get lots of rest if you can!

Katie: This baby is calmer too. I feel rumbles now and then but not the big kicking I had with my others. Maybe a sign of a mellow baby?

I am feeling like a big blob. I know I shouldn't worry too much about weight gain but I am feeling pudgy. I had my OB appointment and gained another 7 lb. I gained 15lb total and I am only 19 weeks. I am eating lots of fruits and veggies and junk food gives me heartburn. I am moving all the time at work. I gained 80lb with my first (but a lot was fluid from pre-eclampsia) and 40 with my second. I took a yoga class with DD but there are no classes offered right now. Today was a snow day so I exercised at home this morning. I really wish I could feel better about these curves. I think most of the weight is in my boobs! I posted a pic. on the belly thread. Thanks for letting me ramble!

#11 ·
Congrats, Fox, on your baby girl!

DDC's are good places for rambling
winky.gif

I'm fretting a bit about weight gain too, matty. I'm up 17lbs at 19 weeks. I'm eating really well also and my belly feels huge. I'm sure my butt has grown as has my chest. I gained 33 with my first and 55 with my second. I think if the weight stays around 35lbs. or so It'll be a lot easier on my body in general towards the end and easier to lose.

#12 ·
I've packed on the weight too. I've gained 19 lbs already and honestly that was by 13 weeks. I have since cut out sweets and other carbs and I've managed to maintain my weight now for 3 weeks. My OB will be thrilled when she sees I didn't gain another 10 lbs this month. lol. In the past I've gained a lot with my pregnancies: #1 66 lbs, #2 59 lbs, #3 35 lbs, and #4 37 lbs (if I remember correctly). My weight comes from carbs. I'm so incredibly sensitive to them.

#13 ·
I'm in the "miserable from a cold" camp as well. This sucks. I haven't had a cold in years and now this one has knocked me on my butt! I stayed home from work today but it didn't help. I'm just miserable no matter where I am and I can't sleep. Now my ears are clogged up and I'm starting to run a low-grade fever. If this keeps up, I'll have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Blech.

#14 ·
Oh wow, there are so many of us with colds. I hope we all start feeling better soon. And thanks for the tip about the echinacea tea. I never know what is ok to take, or drink, when pregnant. I don't think I drank a single cup of tea while I was pregnant last time because no matter how much I researched nothing ever said: This tea is a ok! Herbs are quite confusing.

I wish I could gain some weight. I'm a little nervous about my next set of appointments because as far as I can tell I've only gained a total of 3 pounds, which is still 3 shy of the weight that my midwife wanted me to gain. I feel like I'm eating ALL the time and eating a lot. I guess my body doesn't think so. I wonder if it has to do with nursing? I'm still nursing my DS and have had one heck of a time keeping weight on since he was born. When my cycle returned, I was pretty close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but at my lowest I was down nearly 15lbs - I looked anorexic. It was horrible.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a mellow baby in their belly. I feel the baby, but not nearly as much as I felt DS. I'm hoping this means a laid back LO...I sure could do with a baby like that...DS is in constant motion. If he's awake, he's running around getting into stuff.

Ok, time to go finish the biggest plate of spaghetti ever.

#15 ·
tourist: I'm in your camp as well. I lost 4 lbs between week 8 and week 15. I haven't had one single bout of morning sickness and I've eaten the way I normally do, but, apparently baby is still eating me. Which is fine with me, as I'm a good solid 80 lbs over what I want to be at. If baby wants to eat me the whole pregnancy I'll be just fine with that - but I'm not going to diet or anything to make it happen. I'm sure I'll start gaining a little bit later on. I'm hoping to keep my weight gain in the 20-25 lb range for the whole pregnancy.

No cold here yet but there are two people sick at my work that insist on continuing to come to work. I keep telling them PLEASE GO HOME. I don't want what they have! Plus our weather is starting to change, which always seems to bring on lots of sickness. It was -30 degrees Celsius here yesterday (colder with wind chill) and is supposed to be up to 0 degrees by tomorrow. Hopefully it will stay around 0 for at least 2 months before it gets warmer, otherwise my whole area is going to be in serious flood danger.

#16 ·
Livingsky, I know you're talking in degrees C but DAMN THAT SOUNDS COLD. Stay warm :)

I hope the rest of you ill ladies feel better & I hope the non ill ladies stay that way.

I don't have much of an appetite this pregnancy. I have been so ill that food is just not worth the effort. I have gained absolutely nothing this pregnancy, but I have plenty of chub to use as energy so no one is concerned about it :) I won't look pregnant to strangers until like, 7 months lol.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

Livingsky, I know you're talking in degrees C but DAMN THAT SOUNDS COLD. Stay warm :)

That's exactly what I was thinking! I think I would never never never leave my house. Brrr!
cold.gif
Here the temp is ranging from 40ish to 70ish (farenheit) every day yet I'm still day dreaming about my upcoming vacation where the days will be toasty warm in the mid 80's. haha I should say, I day dream a lot about my vacation because it's going to be lovely, and our first big trip with DS, but a large part of my excitement is knowing I'll be warm the whole time.

#18 ·
We're sick here, too. I blame the kids museum from Saturday. So far DS has a bad cough and congestion. I have a sinus thing going on, and DD and DH have been spared so far. DD was up all night with 2 year molar pain, DH ended up switching places with me and laid next to her so I could get some sleep. He ended up having a two hour delay for work because of snow so I was able to sleep in until 8:30 (Ha! Remember the days when waking up at 8:30 was early?)

The baby flipped out of transverse/anterior in the middle of the night and I felt lots of kicks this morning, not sure what position we have now but it's more of a vertical one and I'm not feeling as many hard kicks.

#19 ·
lovelylisa and tourist: LOL! And I'm dreaming of the days when our temperatures get back up to 40-70 degrees fahrenheit! Though to be fair, as of yesterday we're supposed to have 6 whole days of it being right around the freezing point, which makes me positively giddy with joy. Maybe spring is coming early!!
joy.gif
Or maybe I'm deluding myself but I don't care, I'll believe it until proven wrong! I'm going through a catalogue of flower and vegetable seeds for spring which really gets me in that mood. Oh, and I'm ordering my first batches of chicks for the year - nothing like receiving 100 chirping baby birds in the mail to make you feel like spring is here!

Well it turns out my boss had pneumonia. Which sucks for her but at least it's not really contagious. I've had pneumonia twice so I will PASS on having it again thank you very much!

I hope everyone who is sick feels better very soon!

#20 ·
I was finally able to get some sleep last night!
joy.gif
It has been SOOOOOOOO long since I got anything close to a full night's sleep. I fell asleep at 10 PM, woke up at 1 AM to pee, fell right back to sleep, woke up at 4:30 AM to pee, fell right back to sleep until my alarm went off at 6:30 AM. BLISS! Of course, I had to pretty much sleep upright in a semi-recline position to get that sleep but at this point, I don't care! I just need to get a couple more nights like that under my belt and I may actually start to feel like a human again!

#21 ·
Just finished a cold snap here in Chicago. The past 3 days the highs have been around 7 degrees and night time windchills around -30F. Glad that's over with! I have a gut feeling that we may be done with that kind of bitter cold. I feel like spring may be right around the corner. Nevermind the 8ft tall snow fortress surrounding my house. The temps next week are going to be in the 30's and may even reach 40F. That's going to be amazing to those of us who have been really fighting this frigid weather.

Ordered my Hypnobabies home study and it will be here tomorrow. I am really excited about getting started with that. My doula is also trained in childbirth hypnosis so I think it's great we will be able to work together on that.

My big ultrasound in on Thursday next week. Super excited about that. I have felt the baby move, but not often, and I go days without noticing much. This is baby #4 for me and I remember feeling stronger more frequent movements much earlier but all pregnancies are different. I have a doppler at home, so that always puts my mind at ease.

I felt a little thump just now.
smile.gif

#22 ·
We had our anatomical scan and I think it went well. We had the technologist so she didn't say much but pointed out a good bit after she finished the measurements. I asked her lots of questions though :) The day after we had our fetal echo, which was normal! Love the doc - he follows DD for her heart and he is super friendly and forthcoming. At one point, he was going to check out the umbilical cord, he said to me "if you aren't like my other patients, you know too much of this stuff, so if you don't want to see the baby's sex, look away now lol" So I looked at the wall and he explained everything he saw (a 3 vessel cord, 2 arteries and a vein, woohoo!). Baby's heart looks great and baby has great looking heart flaps that should close after birth like they are supposed to (this is what DD's heart didn't do).

I am having leg pain though. In the front of my legs. I can't figure out what is causing it, if it is pressure from the way I am sitting/standing, something else. No swelling though. My ND suggested magnesium before bed but I may take it now to see if that will ease things. I am also considering some heat therapy to help make things feel good. Certainly a bath too, but my ILs are over so that may have to wait. My fluid intake is good (but I would like to see better). Hmmm...of course I will also bring this up with my mw next week when I see her. The weird part is, it comes and goes, and can be gone for weeks at a time.

Glad most people are out of the cold now - we got it too (but in Canada, that is pretty common). It is supposed to be nicer today but I worked overnight with a mama of multiples so I am taking today easy, sleeping as much as I can and otherwise relaxing.

#23 ·
Valerie- You don't live too far from me. I'm just over the border in WI. Howdy, neighbor!

Nicole- I hope the magnesium helps with your leg pain. If anything it will surely clean you out.
wink1.gif

I'm still not feeling movements. I'm nearly 20 weeks. What the heck? Every once in a while I will think I felt something, but I'm fairly certain it's just my other organs or gas. I feel like I'm carrying really high too so maybe that's part of it. I can't wait for my u/s on Wednesday. DH can't be there though as he will have to watch DS. No kids are allowed.
irked.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.