MW moving out of the area, need to find a new homebirth MW - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(Just need to vent a bit)

After a great homebirth experience with DD#2, I planned to do another homebirth (waterbirth hopefully) with this LO.

I called my MW from DD#2's birth and set up an initial consult last week. It was great catching up with her and showing off how big/healthy DD#2 is. The appt went well, I got my packet of info to fill out and set up another appt for March. I felt so at ease..

Then..she e-mails me today.  She's moving away to accept a job at Planned Parenthood. She cannot keep me as a client because she will be too far away.

Besides feeling shocked..I'm completely livid that she e-mailed me instead of calling me. Is that reasonable (or just hormonal)?

I had such a hard time finding a competent midwife in my county and now I'm faced with doing this search again. I really liked my MW and am trying to be understanding but for now I just feel crushed..simply crushed.

I e-mailed her back requesting my records as I'll need to take them with me to the next MW I chose. I called 2 practices and set up a consult with 1 additional practice tommorow.

This blows.

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am sorry you are going through this.  I hope it works out the way you want it to and you are not too stressed in the process! 

User Tag List