Whatchya havin? Boy, Girl, Surprise? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Boy, Girl, or Surprise?
Boy 19 39.58%
Girl 14 29.17%
Twin Boys 1 2.08%
Twin Girls 0 0%
Boy/Girl Twins 0 0%
3+ (Wow!) 0 0%
Surprise! 14 29.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We seem to be getting news of the sex of the little ones.  Let us know what you're having!

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and I'm having another little girlie btw! I think DH is a little intimidated about being so outnumbered now pinktongue.gif

My gut instinct was 100% wrong.  I was so sure I was having a boy.  I even dreamt about it!

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We're not finding out! We're not planning to get an ultrasound at all, unless there is some reason for it. Although, at my first (and only, so far) appointment, the doctor said I was measuring a week large already (at 13 weeks). I'm certain of the conception date, so he said that if I continued to measure large, he may have to do a quick u/s to see if I'm carrying twins. But if we do have an u/s, we're going to ask not to be told the baby's sex, and we'll try not to look. :) I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM

We're not finding out.  My u/s is tomorrow.  Part of me wants to cave, which is so not like me. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 02-15-2011, 04:54 PM

We aren't finding out the baby's sex. We haven't found out with our 3 kids before, so I know we can hold out for this one! We have had at least 1 ultrasound each time and are always able to keep mum as the word. Last time I even tried to secretly look, but I couldn't see anything myself (and this baby was a boy!). I am kindof tempted to find outt his time, but since this will probably be our last baby, I want to enjoy the surprise again. As for gut feeling, I think I'm having a 3rd boy. My pregnancy doesn't feel different, I just think it's a boy. No reasons at all.Sarah*

Sarah, Mom to Theo (8/06), Penny (1/08) and Felix 10/30) #4 due 07/11
Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayakas View Post

Oh and I'm having another little girlie btw! I think DH is a little intimidated about being so outnumbered now pinktongue.gif

My gut instinct was 100% wrong.  I was so sure I was having a boy.  I even dreamt about it!

Yeah...we learned not to read too into dreams. Before I met my fiance I had a dream of twins - didn't know if they were same-sex or different. Then when I met him, we both had a dream of two children - a boy and a girl, but the girl seemed to be taller - so we thought, "Our first-born is a girl!". Then my fiance had a dream that I gave birth, and just before we found out what it was, he woke up! So for a while we went on the belief that I was carrying at least one girl. But referring to the baby as "she" didn't feel right, so we started referring to the baby as "they", and that felt right, so automatically I figured it must mean I was carrying twins.

My mom's best friend had a dream it was a girl. My fiance's parents had a feeling it'd be a boy, but we argued: "No, no, our dreams say at least one girl!" And even though calling the baby "she" felt so utterly wrong, I thought it had to be, because I hadn't experienced any of the "ritual" signs that it's a boy - morning sickness, back labor, etc....

Then we got the ultrasound. And whaddaya know, 'tis a boy! :-D I'll never forget the sound of awe in my fiance's voice, as a tear trickled down from my left eye, "A boy....We have a son..." And that boy has daddy's same likes and aversion to foods! Looking at Pickled Beets make me dry heave(my fiance HATES Pickled Beets)...*dry heaves just thinking about them*, and the boy LOVES his PB&J(my fiance can't get enough of PB&J :-D).

Old 02-15-2011, 06:18 PM

Won't know til March 1st, but we're definitely finding out if we can smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 PM

I'm a planner... I wanted to have time to get out all the little girl clothes I've saved and get them ready... or give them away and start accumulating little boy clothes!  I can't imagine trying to sort through all the baby stuff after the baby arrives!  So we found out at 18 weeks that it's a boy!  And I was totally surprised!  I was convinced it would be another girl, as we have only had girl babies in my extended family for the last 12 years.  I figured why would it be me that would break the "girl trend"?

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Just found out a little while ago it's a girl!! So happy. I just knew it! So that makes 3 girls and 1 boy. I wouldn't say this before but I kinda wanted my son to be my only son. He's such a mamas boy.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 02-17-2011, 03:14 PM

we're not finding out...technically.  My husband is going to have to deploy and be gone when the baby comes so we're going to have the doctor put the "answer" in an envelope for him to take with him just in case he can't get on his computer or we have communication issues when the baby does come.  Also so he can cheat if he wants to :) he wanted to know form the get-go but I wanted a surprise and he knew if he found out he would slip at some point.  If he's not in the country though he can't slip up and tell me, so i don't really mind if he decides to cheat and look before hand

Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 AM

I would love to have the willpower to not know, but I absolutely can't deal with not knowing if someone already knows. If the ultasound shows that it's a girl or a boy, and I don't know, I would go batty :) It would be like someone saying "I have a secret! Wanna hear it?" and then running away :)

Clearly this is a deep seated problem that stems from my childhood. My brother is infamous for telling me he had a secret and then running away. He can't keep a secret to this day!ROTFLMAO.gif

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 02-19-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narleegates View Post

we're not finding out...technically.  My husband is going to have to deploy and be gone when the baby comes so we're going to have the doctor put the "answer" in an envelope for him to take with him just in case he can't get on his computer or we have communication issues when the baby does come.  Also so he can cheat if he wants to :) he wanted to know form the get-go but I wanted a surprise and he knew if he found out he would slip at some point.  If he's not in the country though he can't slip up and tell me, so i don't really mind if he decides to cheat and look before hand

That's a really cute idea, love it!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM

We're not finding out.  But I think it's a boy and hubby thinks it's a girl.  I've had a couple of baby boy dreams but I guess that doens't mean anything!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMum View Post

Just found out a little while ago it's a girl!! So happy. I just knew it! So that makes 3 girls and 1 boy. I wouldn't say this before but I kinda wanted my son to be my only son. He's such a mamas boy.

It's okay to feel that way.  I kind of feel the same way.  We have 3 girls and our youngest is a boy.  I'd be pleased with another girl because our little guy is also such a mama's boy and just the sweetest little boy ever!  But it would also be neat for him to have a brother, especially since they'll be so close in age.  We won't be finding out until the birth though.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 PM

Had my U/S last week and stayed strong (though I did get some views of the nether-regions, nothing I could translate into boy/girl though lol.gif).

I'm thinking this could be a boy based on how different this pregnancy has been, but honestly the girl's name we have picked out is too adorable. I'm ok with either!

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

Old 02-21-2011, 03:01 AM

My baby was more than secretive during my 19 weeks u/s - nothing could be seen. I will have to wait for the Special U/S on Marc 14th - grrrr!

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Old 02-21-2011, 04:31 PM

We found out today that we're having our second baby boy.  I'm super excited!  

Due to some insurance complications/drama, we were almost going to skip the u/s all together (we actually walked out of the u/s office during check in with me in tears)... Once I calmed down and DH and I talked about it, it was kind of fun to think about not knowing gender until the birth.  In the end, my interest in knowing baby was without apparent health issues won out, and if we're doing the u/s we may as well know everything.  

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM

I find out in the morning! (I'm a planner... although I'm fully convinced DD is getting a baby brother)

Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 AM

We were planning to not find out, then a couple of days before the ultrasound, we changed our minds. Good thing, because our little BOY was not shy at all during the ultrasound! In fact, the ultrasound tech didn't even have to say it! It was a profile shot and it was very obvious that we have a boy in there. :o)

38 yo h20homebirth.gif,familybed1.giffemalesling2.GIFbftoddler.gifCDing, ECing, WAPF-eating, goorganic.jpg mom to Leo novaxnocirc.gif(July '11) and angel1.gif (Feb '13) and angel1.gif (Apr '13)

Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 AM

We are having a girl!! I had an extremely vivid dream about the ultrasound, and that's exactly what I saw on the screen... but still, we told the techs to not tell us, and to write it on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope, and then we had lunch with the ILs and let them open it.  :D

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymw View Post

We are having a girl!! I had an extremely vivid dream about the ultrasound, and that's exactly what I saw on the screen... but still, we told the techs to not tell us, and to write it on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope, and then we had lunch with the ILs and let them open it.  :D

What a sweet idea! 

Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Just found out I am having a girl! DD is so excited. She is the youngest with a big brother and big step-brother. It also makes room sharing easier!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:40 PM

We're having a girl! Yay!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 PM

We are going to be surprised!  This is our 6th child, we have 4 boys and lost a girl in 2007. 

So we will know in July:)

Take care all!

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 AM

We found out at 16 weeks 4 days that we are expecting twins BOYS!   I was sooo sure that at least one of the babies was going to be a girl but now I am actually pretty happy that they are the same sex.  We had a growth scan yesterday at 22 weeks and 4 days and we are now 100% that they are all boy...lol They weren't being shy at all.  

Before we got pregnant we had planned on being team green but since it was twins we decided to find out for many reasons. 

Nicholebelly.gifMomma to 4,Twin Boys--Cole Ryan and Corbin Riley (6-13-2011), JoJo (07-12-2009) and Lil Jimmy (6-11-2008)   I am a SAHM, Proudly retired breastfeeding, Proudly Formula Feeding, co-sleepingfamilybed2.gif, babywearingslingtwin.gif, non-vaccing, Sposie diaper using momma. 

Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM

I think it's great how we seem to be pretty even ... 30% girl, 30% boy, and 30% surprised!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

User Tag List