Is it normal to feel pressure in uterus area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First timer here!

I keep feeling this tight pressure in my uterus.  It doesn't hurt, it just feels tight.  I have no idea what it could be!  Sometimes as I empty my bladder, the pressure gets stronger and stronger.  Super weird!  Maybe there is a phenomena out there I just don't know about!

#2 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Sounds to me like your uterus is stretching. That baby is outgrowing it's little shell and stretching the edges! I feel this periodically too.

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#3 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 10:09 PM

Yes! Me too!!!!! I keep thinking the baby is going to fall out, lol

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#4 of 6 Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 AM

This sounds a bit like what I've experienced. My mw says you can get Braxton Hicks contractions pretty early on, and they are more likely to happen if you have a full bladder, are having sex, etc. Totally fine and normal. The other thing I often feel is some pressure/light discomfort in my bladder as I empty it. It feels kind of like my bladder is stretching? But no UTI, so I'm not worried. 

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#5 of 6 Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 AM

Braxton hicks contractions. They're normal and it means your uterus works winky.gif Emptying the bladder seems to cause them though I'm not sure why, I usually always have them when using the bathroom. I tend to have them more frequently than most and usually feel like one big BH if I'm on my feet a lot. They usually pick up the closer you get toward the end of your pregnancy, with my first I used to get them a lot during our nightly walks and when I was cooking.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#6 of 6 Old 02-22-2011, 12:57 PM

This is my first.  I just started really noticing the baby move last week.   From what you have all described I think I have been feeling braxton hicks.  Especially a few minutes into my daily walks, it feels like muscle tightening but it's different than the round ligament pain I was feeling early on and eventually it passes.  Good stuff, my uterus is working, must be that Red Raspberry tea I'm drinking religiously   smile.gif

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page