• 15-19 lbs

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • 20 + lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

Poll- How much weight have you gained?

7K views 91 replies 55 participants last post by  matte 
#1 ·
I love polls!

I have gained about 10-12 lbs and I'm 19 weeks. It's mostly in my belly, but I've noticed my thighs are larger too (awesome!).

#4 ·
I try not to weigh between appointments. I don't like it. I know it's good "weight gain" but I still don't like it. I'm 17 weeks and I'm up about 10 pounds without actually weighing myself. Most of the weight in in my gut BLEH! and I have some newly added pounds in my hips and thighs as well.

What's a girl to do but grow her baby healthy. OH well. Looks like I will have my work cut out for me after the babe arrives.

I at least won't be like the woman who lives across the street from me. She was in the gym the day after she had her baby. YIKES!

#5 ·
I fall into the obese category and have gained 9 Ibs (I am 19 weeks) - I probably should havegained less but since my m/s disappeared I have a huge appetite.

#7 ·
I'll be 19 weeks today and I've gained 26 lbs. That is from the very beginning because I was weighing myself daily then (on a diet). From my first weigh in at the doctor's office, I've gained 17 lbs. It annoys me because I just lost 35 lbs before I got pregnant and I'm throwing it back on like crazy.

#8 ·
At 19 weeks I gained 15lb. I am 21 weeks now and my scale says I have only gained another pound but I bet you the scale at the OB's office will say I gained more. Always does. I tend to gain about 10 lb. my first trimester because the only thing that keeps me from throwing up is food.

#9 ·
I'm 19w, 5d and I haven't gained any weight so far. I still have daily morning sickness, but I do try to eat as much as I can. I started out heavier too, so maybe that's one reason why I'm not gaining.

#10 ·
I'm 17.2 and according to MY scale, naked, first thing in the morning, I've gained 6 lbs. According to the MD scale I've gained 9. Baby bump is getting bigger but so are my hips/love handles area.

#11 ·
I am 18 weeks and have gained 3 lbs. It is coming though. I did the same thing with DS, I gained like nothing at first and then packed on 40 lbs in 20 weeks. Super awesome.

#12 ·
I'm 19 weeks today and I've gained 12-14 lbs. I'm overweight already and I've been trying not to let it bother me but It's making me kinda depressed. I had DH take a belly pic of me yesterday and deleted it immediately because I felt like a whale. My belly seems to be getting most of the weight but it always has so it doesn't make me feel any better. First trimester I had m/s and the only thing that helped was constantly eating and the only thing that sounded good was bread and cheese. I'm calling the extra flab my cheese layer. I haven't felt like exercising since the pregnancy either. First trimester I was too pukey and tired and now I'm just lazy. I'm blaming all the snow and gloom, I prefer to get my exercise outdoors. By the time it's nice out though I'll be too big to want to do anything. It's a vicious cycle!

#15 ·
I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow (omg, that sounds so far along!) and I've gained about 7 pounds. I lost some weight in the first tri then gained it back.

I was a bit worried that I wasn't gaining enough but my midwife says it's fine. By this time in my last pregnancy I had already gained 20 pounds probably, which turned into 60+ by the time I had the baby, so I'm glad the weight gain seems to be slower this time around--I hope I'll gain just the right amount this time because carrying that extra 60 pounds was really really hard on my body!

#16 ·
I am 17wks 4days and have gained about 3 pounds. I am not sick anymore, but also just not that hungry. Very different from my last pregnancy. So far the baby is healthy and growing so I guess it is ok.

#17 ·
I've gained 8 lbs so far (at 19w). I started out on the verge below weight so the focus has really been for me to gain, especially since I only gained 2 pounds at 14w. Unfortunately, I think I'm one of those 3rd trimester marathon gainers so hopefully I don't get too big. I know that most of the weight I gain at the end is water so at least some of it will go away easily.

#19 ·
I'm 20 weeks. I started off at a normal weight for me and so far I've gained about 7 LBs.

I have not been weighing myself between appointments. My midwife said it's totally optional if I want to be weighed each time. Which is nice because I think when I get towards the end I'll be dreading the scale.

I feel like my belly just busted out in the last 2 weeks or so. It is bothering me that I wont be able to zip my pants up for another 6 months or more. Ha ha.

#20 ·
I'm 19 weeks and I'm not positive how much I've gained. I didn't weigh myself until about 12 weeks... but I didn't gain much then either as my pants still fit until about 10 weeks :) I think I was 165-170 pre-pregnancy?

Since then I've went from 170-175ish to 182.

#21 ·
I'm 17w and am 8-10 lbs. heavier now than when I got pg. I lost a couple of pounds in the beginning and I'm never sure if I'm supposed to count that. I was 130 pre-pg. I went down to 127or 128 in the first few weeks. I'm now 138-140. I go by my weight at home first thing in the am, not by the scale at my MW's office. I don't think she weighs everyone every time.

#22 ·
I'm 18w1d currently, but haven't been weighed since the last mw appointment at 15 weeks. At 15 weeks I had lost 4 lbs - I had gained 1.5 lbs at 8 weeks so a net loss of 2.5 lbs. I started out in the obese category pre-pregnancy, so losing weight isn't necessarily a bad thing for me. I had no real morning sickness but I also haven't changed my eating habits much, beyond avoiding the things baby doesn't seem to like.

I have my next mw appointment on March 1st and I'm pretty sure I've gained some since the last time I saw her. My belly has sure popped out since then!

#23 ·
I am 18w3d and have gained 18lbs. If I gain one pound for each week I will be happy. I am about average weight my BMI hoovers between 24-26 non prego, but with my first I gained 50lbs and my second 60lbs. Each time I lost all the weight and then some, but my midwife was getting on me about my weight gain at my appointment last month.

When I got off the scale she said, "Geeze, what have you been doing?" "Umm, eating". I was hurt and taken aback. I tried to explain to her that have gained a lot which each of my pregnancies and I will be happy if I manage to stay under 50lbs. She didn't seem to accept that answer. I was really surprised at her stance. With my last two pregnancies I had a family practitioner, all of my labs were normal and she was not bothered by my weight gain.

Livingsky- we have the same EDD !

#25 ·
Hi everyone--
I've been posting int he August threads because I originally had a due date of Aug. 1st, but I've been reading some of July's too. Reading this thread made me feel better because I'm pretty sure I'm up 15 lbs at this point (waiting to get weighed at my OB's office). At 14 weeks I had gained 10 or so lbs. and now I'm at almost 18 weeks. The weight gain is driving me nuts!! I'm also not showing yet so it makes it worse.

#26 ·
Yell....I'm right with you. I was just thinking of joining the Aug DDC as well seeing I'm due 7/28. I'm 18 weeks today and up about 12-15 lbs. I'm not used to this kind of weight gain but know it's for the best of the babe. I really don't have a belly and the babe is definitely hiding him/herself.

My MIL say's "oh, you'll just be one of those women who pops all at once". It would be nice to have "something to show" for this weight gain.

hang in there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.