I FELT the baby! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-21-2011, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Like, not just feeling the baby move, and not just feeling a harder spot where the baby is, either... I was feeling baby rolling around a bit in there, so I put the palm of my left hand on that side of my belly, and the fingers of my left hand going towards my belly button, and then did the same with my right hand on the right side of my belly. I could feel a lump under my left palm, so I sort of pushed on it, and I could totally feel baby's whole back with my fingers, and the other end of the body with my right palm, probably 6 or 7 inches long! Baby was laying low and transverse, and then moved away after I pushed around for a bit ;-)

I haven't felt a whole lot of movement this time, I'm pretty sure my placenta has been anterior but in the past couple of weeks has moved up, so it is really cool for me to be able to actually FEEL where the baby is already! I'm not just getting fat after all! ROTFLMAO.gifI was pretty good at palpating and feeling DS's position when I was pregnant with him, but I was a lot further along, definitely in my third trimester, and with DD I was afraid to push around/palpate too much because I knew her intestines were floating around in there, and I was afraid of hurting her, so it's super exciting to be able to palpate baby already at 20 weeks!

SuburbanHippie likes this.

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#2 of 4 Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 AM

That's cool! joy.gif

I felt baby poke me from the outside yesterday. S/he was poking me in one spot so I put my hand there and, sure enough, I felt a poke with my hand on top of my belly. I've been trying to get dh to feel it but baby goes still anytime he puts his hands on my belly.

I think, "Wow! There really is a baby in there." It's been kind of not real to me even with the sickness and my belly growing and the movement.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#3 of 4 Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 AM

Awesome!  Feeling the baby move is absolutely amazing.  I can't get enough.  I felt the baby for the first time on the outside with my hand at 18w exactly.  It was 5am and I couldn't sleep and baby was bouncing around.  I decided to give my belly a feel and I was able to feel him kick!  So there's me, in bed, unable to sleep, still pitch black outside, with a huge grin on my face.  It's the best thing.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-23-2011, 01:35 PM

I swear I can feel the baby too.  Last night DH and I were laying in bed.  I looked down and one side of my uterus was obviously bigger than the other.  I started feeling around and could feel the baby laying transverse.  It was so cool to feel where s/he began and ended.  I think I feel movement too but being a first timer, I'm not totally sure.

I don't seem to have a swisher and a swirler as everyone describes.  I have more of a thumper.  Don't know if this is imagination or baby seeing I've never experienced this before.

It's pretty cool whatever it is.....and I know for sure it's not gas winky.gif

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page