Mind if I join the fun? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-22-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I totally forgot MDC had DDCs, even though I participated in 2008!!

I'm Sunny... I'm been married to DH for over five years. I have a 4yo son who just weaned at 4y3m... I have a 2.5yo son who just weaned a few weeks ago as we were both getting resentful of the nursing relationship.

We had an unassisted homebirth with DS2, but since I bled a ton, we wanted a homebirth with midwife this time around, Unfortunately, that turned out to be too costly, so I'm at the same hospital where I had DS1, except with a WONDERFUL midwife that used to do homebirths in the area :D

When I switched practices at 18 weeks, they opted to do a quick dating scan to verify my due date, and we found out we were having a girl!!!!!

I also finally got treatment for the PPD that I had when DS1 and DS2 was born, which had basically built into a huge monster inside of me. I finally started medication a week ago and I'm finally feeling better.

While I'm not homebirthing this time, I hope I can help encourage those of you that are, and live vicariously through you! :D

I'm due July 18th and can't wait to get to know all of you!

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#2 of 3 Old 02-22-2011, 01:27 PM

Welcome back and congratulations on your little girl!

I'm having my first baby and planning a homebirth so I'll take all the experience and encouragement I can get!

#3 of 3 Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Libby... my first was a pitocin induction after SROM at 39 weeks, and the moment I GOT the epidural, I was 10cm. I had 10 hours of pitocin contractions with no medication. Pushing was miserable. I felt like Jake didn't even belong to me for the longest time, and I didn't move out of bed until I was discharged.

Mikah was easy in comparison. Contractions started in the late afternoon. Around 9pm I drove to Wendy's (in active labor, alone) because DH hadn't eaten all day and DS1 was asleep in his lap... LOL!! By 1030pm I got in the tub, and at 2-3am I got out and had DH apply counter-pressure on my back. Mikah was born at 4:20am and aside from the "ring of fire" for 2 seconds, it was a pretty painless process!!

Now, the afterpains were horrible.... but afterpains are nothin' for your first, they just get worse with each baby ;)

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page