stupid braxton-hicks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else having them on a regular basis? I get them every single day, usually a couple of times a day, where they're really regular (like every few minutes) for an hour or so. They don't hurt, but they take my breath away and are annoying. I'm so sick of them already!!

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 06:11 AM

I do!  I get them all the time and have been for a while now (I'm 19w 4d).  They are super annoying and I am not looking forward to having them when I'm bigger.  I've even had a few that were slightly "painful"...Usually just one random one where I'll suddenly feel a mild menstrual cramp feeling.  Really weird.  If that happened more often I'd be worried, but that's only happened like 3 or 4 times.

ETA:  And yea, I get BH a lot!  If I went by the rules of monitoring contractions, I'd be going in to get checked alllll the time. 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#3 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 AM

Yep! Our washer is broken so I'm doing most of our laundry in the tub, and I always have steady ctx for 2 hours or more afterwards.

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#4 of 19 Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 AM

I had my first one last night and it really surprised me, because I don't remember having any in my first pregnancy. Relieved that others are having them too.

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#5 of 19 Old 02-26-2011, 05:02 PM

Is it odd that I'm ever so slightly jealous? smile.gif I haven't noticed any BH yet but I remember liking them last time and thinking it was exciting because my uterus was working out so it could be really buff for the big day. LOL! But maybe I will feel differently once I start having lots of them too!
#6 of 19 Old 02-26-2011, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

Is it odd that I'm ever so slightly jealous? smile.gif I haven't noticed any BH yet but I remember liking them last time and thinking it was exciting because my uterus was working out so it could be really buff for the big day. LOL! But maybe I will feel differently once I start having lots of them too!

I try to think of them in that way too... I'm starting to realize that a lot of trauma from my experience in my last pregnancy with my daughter is coming up the further I get in this pregnancy, so I think that's magnifying things and making me more afraid... it's like it's my first pregnancy again or something!

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#7 of 19 Old 02-26-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

That's such a positive way to think of them. I'm going to try to think of them that way!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#8 of 19 Old 02-27-2011, 05:01 PM

I was starting to get a bit worried about mine. Every day, sometimes every 20 minutes, this is my second baby, first was preterm. my midwife really reassured me- told me that it is my uterus's way of keeping itself toned so it can keep the baby in! I like that it is exercising. She told me that if im dehydrated or low in calcium/magnesium it might make them more bothersome.

Jen
Together with DH 20 years, mom to a 5 year old daughter,
finally pg with #2 july 2/2011

#9 of 19 Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 PM

That's good to know about the dehydration and mineral deficiency.

This is my first, and since I've been feeling kicks for a couple of weeks, I assumed this strange, squeezy, crampy feeling was the baby moving into a weird position. It was only yesterday that I started thinking that they could be Braxton-Hicks contractions ("practice surges" according to my hypnobirthing book). Then I got worried because I thought 21 weeks is kinda early for that. I have read a lot about getting them close to the end. It's a relief to find you guys here!

38 yo h20homebirth.gif,familybed1.giffemalesling2.GIFbftoddler.gifCDing, ECing, WAPF-eating, goorganic.jpg mom to Leo novaxnocirc.gif(July '11) and angel1.gif (Feb '13) and angel1.gif (Apr '13)

#10 of 19 Old 03-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisInDenmark View Post

That's good to know about the dehydration and mineral deficiency.

This is my first, and since I've been feeling kicks for a couple of weeks, I assumed this strange, squeezy, crampy feeling was the baby moving into a weird position. It was only yesterday that I started thinking that they could be Braxton-Hicks contractions ("practice surges" according to my hypnobirthing book). Then I got worried because I thought 21 weeks is kinda early for that. I have read a lot about getting them close to the end. It's a relief to find you guys here!

yeahthat.gif  I never had any with DS until I was more like 35 weeks.  On  Monday I went for a walk and was feeling really tight then when I got back I felt fine.  then I vacuumed and felt them again, so I finished up and sat down and they continued every couple minutes for an hour or so.  They weren't painful, just tight.  But sometimes it feels like weird blobby baby sticking out.  I'm only 18.5 so I was a little worried because I also thought it was kinda early. 

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#11 of 19 Old 03-30-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post

I was starting to get a bit worried about mine. Every day, sometimes every 20 minutes, this is my second baby, first was preterm. my midwife really reassured me- told me that it is my uterus's way of keeping itself toned so it can keep the baby in! I like that it is exercising. She told me that if im dehydrated or low in calcium/magnesium it might make them more bothersome.

I am starting to get a bit worried about mine.  They started a week or so ago (at 21 weeks) and as of yesterday have been coming about 20-30x a day I think.  If I do anything active, like walk at more then a snails pace, they start.  So walking to the bathroom and back at work will be 3 right there at least.  I had a preterm baby last time too.  I am not dehydrated or low on anything and this was what happened last time too:(  Just trying to relax.

#12 of 19 Old 03-30-2011, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

i have been having them for 2 months now....om.gif...that is strange. with my 2nd I had them too but not that early. I was really worried at first but now I am in my 6th month so I guess they are ok to have around no? they are super-annoying and sometimes little painful, but the baby is super-kicker too so I dont know which one is more annoying?? :) maybe I should talk about them to my midwife I dont know. It did not happen to me to worry much about them since my 2 kids were born on 42th week....eyesroll.gif......but I am travelling in 3 weeks time and the flights are really long, so pre-term labor will be just what I DON"T need!!! duck.gif

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#13 of 19 Old 03-30-2011, 09:23 AM

I've had them pretty early with each baby-by about 20 weeks with #1, by 16 weeks with #2, and with this one around 17-18 weeks. I'm not having as many wiht this one as the other 2-with them I would get them very regularly, several times a day. Now I just get them a few times a day. once in a while they do kind of hurt,a dn definitely if I'm active they occur more often. I don't worry aout them too much now after having them early with each pregnancy.

But me not having them as often with this one probably means my uterus isn't in as good of shape!! It's lazy and flabby-like me, LOL.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#14 of 19 Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

It turned out mine were from a yeast infection! Treated it, and they got better. I was having them every 5 minutes, for hours at a time... I have them on occasion now but nothing to worry about anymore, definitely nothing like they were. If you are worried about having them too much, seriously get checked for an infection. I didn't have any other symptoms, besides the contractions.

#15 of 19 Old 04-13-2011, 11:59 AM

They have gone up to 50-60 a day (every 6min or so) if I do anything active (not exercise, just walking, reaching, bending, etc).  I got them down to 10-20 a day over spring break and then went back to work yesterday and they went right back up again.  I think my husband and I are totally scarred from my early delivery (late term preemie) with my last preg and my husband insisted I take today off to get them back down.  Going to talk to doctor today.

#16 of 19 Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM

Out on bedrest as of today and grateful my obgyn agreed with me about it:)

#17 of 19 Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhope View Post

Out on bedrest as of today and grateful my obgyn agreed with me about it:)

That sounds scary! Bedrest is a good call. hug.gif
#18 of 19 Old 04-16-2011, 10:41 AM

I never had them (at least I can't remember if I did) with my DD.  When I told my MW, she asked me how much water I've been drinking...my response "well, not that much really". She then said that I need to increase my water intake so here I am typing away w/ a water bottle next to me.  

#19 of 19 Old 04-16-2011, 04:58 PM

Ugh, these just started for me today. I never had them with my first so it really caught me off guard. Just a tightening in my belly that lasts a couple of minutes. I hope I don't have to deal with them often for the next 15 weeks!!!

I also had a little pressure in my rectum/ perineum area today which had bothered me a little. The two together got me a little nervous but I'm not leaking fluid, bleeding, or having regular contractions or anything. I'm thinking my little one has decided to move further down into my pelvis. He/ she is thumping around *really* low.

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page