Anyone else expecting Twins in July?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there anyone else out there expecting twins in July?

I am expecting number #3 and #4...twin boys on July 2nd.  I currently have 2 kids...JoJo who is 19 months and Lil Jimmy who is 33 months...so I will have 4 kids 3 years and younger when the twins come.   and 4 in diapers full-time!

Nicholebelly.gifMomma to 4,Twin Boys--Cole Ryan and Corbin Riley (6-13-2011), JoJo (07-12-2009) and Lil Jimmy (6-11-2008)   I am a SAHM, Proudly retired breastfeeding, Proudly Formula Feeding, co-sleepingfamilybed2.gif, babywearingslingtwin.gif, non-vaccing, Sposie diaper using momma. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 AM

Hi! Congratulations on your twins!!!

I am expecting number 4 but my first u/s showed two h/b. Since you will be super busy, do you have help? 4 kids this close seems daunting?

Here in Austria we get help from Social Services (they send someone for a year for a few hours per day). Where are you located?

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

I am in Oklahoma, USA...so no help there.   I won't have any help other then DH...he hopefully will be able to take 7 days off plus weekends.  It will be stressful but it will workout in the end. 

Nicholebelly.gifMomma to 4,Twin Boys--Cole Ryan and Corbin Riley (6-13-2011), JoJo (07-12-2009) and Lil Jimmy (6-11-2008)   I am a SAHM, Proudly retired breastfeeding, Proudly Formula Feeding, co-sleepingfamilybed2.gif, babywearingslingtwin.gif, non-vaccing, Sposie diaper using momma. 

Old 03-03-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nktigger99 View Post

Is there anyone else out there expecting twins in July?

I am expecting number #3 and #4...twin boys on July 2nd.  I currently have 2 kids...JoJo who is 19 months and Lil Jimmy who is 33 months...so I will have 4 kids 3 years and younger when the twins come.   and 4 in diapers full-time!

Wow mama you rock!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 PM

I'm jealoussssss! people tell me I'm crazy but I really want twins, just one baby in there this time though, and it's our first

Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Congrats! Twins are a blessing!  Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 AM

I am too!  We found out about the twins about a month ago at my 18 week anatomy scan and were completly shocked.  They are both boys, fraternal. 

I was due July 1st but I don't think I will carry them that long.  I know I could but I am a shorter woman (5'4) so I am quickly running out of room.  I am thinking they will come the last week of June for some reason.  We are planning a home birth with a midwife.  Oh and this will be #3 and 4 for us.  We have two boys already who are 3 and 5. 

Old 03-05-2011, 10:44 AM

DH and I would have loved to end up with twins - just one in there this time around. Maybe next time!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

WooHoo!!!

I am glad that there is another twin momma in here...I always feel a tiny bit alone...We found out super early...saw 2 heart beats at 5 weeks and 6 days.  Had a scare that Baby B wasn't going to make it...but he pulled through and is now weighing more then his brother...lol  I was being followed really close because of a miscarriage that happened only 16 days before we got pregnant with the twins. I am due July 2nd based on US since I don't have a LMP to go off of.   I am a hair shorter then you so I am already feeling so full and stretched...I was measuring 30 weeks this past wednesday.  Last night I was hurting so bad I barely slept...today hasn't been much better. I am honestly not looking forward to the next 16 or so weeks.  

Baby A (Cole Ryan) is 1lb 1oz and Baby B (Corbin Riley) is 1lb 4oz...we had a growth scan wednesday...everything looked good.  No midwives will touch a twin momma here...so I had to give that up.  So I am going with my old OB who I actually really like...she has delivered my other two kids.  Both of my other two kids where pretty small so I am trying to gain weight and put weight on the babies...I had some PTL issues with my DD...so I want to get their weight up now as much as I can just incase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star8kitten View Post

I am too!  We found out about the twins about a month ago at my 18 week anatomy scan and were completly shocked.  They are both boys, fraternal. 

I was due July 1st but I don't think I will carry them that long.  I know I could but I am a shorter woman (5'4) so I am quickly running out of room.  I am thinking they will come the last week of June for some reason.  We are planning a home birth with a midwife.  Oh and this will be #3 and 4 for us.  We have two boys already who are 3 and 5. 

Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 PM

that is so great that you have known for so long.  I wish I would have known so I could have been eating enough.  I was so sick the first trimester and into the second and I just kept thinking that it must be a girl since I was that sick with my boys.  Once I started eating more, I have felt better and had more energy.  A midwife I interviewed told me that I could get early ultrasound if I wanted but DH and I talked about it and decided not to.  I have heard of the vanishing twin syndrome from a SIS and I did not want to go through the waiting.  Plus, hey there is NO way it could have been twins :)!

I still might have to head to the hospital if baby A does not stay headdown.  I have also felt a little alone in here too.  Suddenly it seems nothing applies to me!  people worried about gaining too much weight crack me up when I am trying to eat 3000 calories a day! 

How's your body holding up?  I am a little worried about the sheer size of the belly by the end of this. 

Old 03-06-2011, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

I think there is some pros and some cons about finding out so early...like you said up until 13 weeks I had to be worried about vanishing twin syndrome...and at one US my OB told me to expect to lose baby B...I was so worried for two weeks waiting to see if he was going to stick around...luckly he did and he is now the bigger twin..lol   oh and he is also my stubburn one...he gives us the hardest time at US and find the heartbeat. 
Oh I know who would have thought twins...I was like that could never happen to me...till my OB said (her words exactly)...GIRL...you got two in there...OH GIRL!!!!  She was just as shocked as me.  

Ya I totally understand the weight issue...I am trying so hard to gain weight...and making sure I am getting enough calories and protein.  It is a struggle everyday!!!  So the worry about gaining weight just doesn't apply.  I have gained close to 24 pounds so far...lol...I am the heaviest I have ever been in my whole life....but I know it is so worth it to have healthy babies in the end.  Plus lots of MoMs tell me that the weight seems to be easier to lose after their twins(or more) then their singleton babies so we will see. 

My body...ugh...It is a sturggle...I have a bad back and fibromyalgia so pregnancy in general is hard for me...but man this time it is super rough.  I am on limited activity...which is very hard with 2 little kids...I just can't go anywhere other then the dr by myself with the kids.  So the kids are getting a little stir crazy.  Oh yes I am very curious to see how HUGE my belly will be by the end of this...I am already out growing my normal maternity clothes in the belly area...I am pretty sure right now I am as big as I was when I was 9 months with my other kids.  Right now I am getting by with huge sweat pants and huge means lounge shorts. 

What vitamins and things is your midwife having you take if any?  Oh and was wondering if you plan on co-sleeping with your twins or not?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:

I'm 5'2" and I carried my babies till 37 weeks! You can do it!   Make sure you see the chiropractor often, eat lots of protein, drink lots of water, sleep when you need to, and rest when you need to!!! 

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

Old 03-06-2011, 07:31 PM

This is exactly my plan right now! Good to know you made it to 37weeks.  I want to carry them as long as I can but pictures of Jaba the hut keep coming to mind! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCo View Post

I'm 5'2" and I carried my babies till 37 weeks! You can do it!   Make sure you see the chiropractor often, eat lots of protein, drink lots of water, sleep when you need to, and rest when you need to!!! 

I started out heavy so the weight gain is a little trickier for me as far as a set number.  In fact I have not gained anything and I am still at my prepreggo weight.  I read Luke's book and got myself all worried I was not gaining enough but my midwife has looked at my diet (I recorded everything for two weeks for her) and she feels I am eating enough to provide and nourish everyone.  I am taking more supplements than I did with my singles - a prenatal, vit C, Calcium/magnesium, Bcomplex combo, and DHA/omegas.  Nearer to the end I also will start taking some herbs to get my body ready and things like alfala to help with bleeding. 

I also feel like I am as big as I was with the first two already.  I just ordered some more materinty clothes cause the belly is getting bigger and bigger and I can't find shirts long enough to cover it!

I do plan to co-sleep.  We have a king size bed and I co sleep with both my boys for at least 6 months.  I really don't know how to do it any other way!  I have a co-sleeper that goes against the bed but they alwas ended up in the bed with me anyway.  We will have a crib in our room for later when they start to go longer streches.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:

This is exactly my plan right now! Good to know you made it to 37weeks.  I want to carry them as long as I can but pictures of Jaba the hut keep coming to mind! 

I started out heavy so the weight gain is a little trickier for me as far as a set number.  In fact I have not gained anything and I am still at my prepreggo weight.  I read Luke's book and got myself all worried I was not gaining enough but my midwife has looked at my diet (I recorded everything for two weeks for her) and she feels I am eating enough to provide and nourish everyone.  I am taking more supplements than I did with my singles - a prenatal, vit C, Calcium/magnesium, Bcomplex combo, and DHA/omegas.  Nearer to the end I also will start taking some herbs to get my body ready and things like alfala to help with bleeding. 

I also feel like I am as big as I was with the first two already.  I just ordered some more materinty clothes cause the belly is getting bigger and bigger and I can't find shirts long enough to cover it!

I do plan to co-sleep.  We have a king size bed and I co sleep with both my boys for at least 6 months.  I really don't know how to do it any other way!  I have a co-sleeper that goes against the bed but they alwas ended up in the bed with me anyway.  We will have a crib in our room for later when they start to go longer streches.

I started out obese, and gained a max of 30lbs.  Eating protein really helps you feel full!   I coslept with my twins as well.  They were swaddled up in the middle between me and my husband.   I'm glad to hear you are taking good care of yourself! 

Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear of other's that have co-slept or plan to co-sleep with twins.  We have a family bed so our other two kiddos are still in bed with us...I would have no idea how to do anything else.  We have a Queen and a twin put together on the floor for everyone.  Hopefully that is enough room for all of us.  We will have to see and maybe play around with it for a little bit to find what works but that just seems to be the name of the game with twins anyway.

Do you plan on Breastfeeding,Star8Kitten??  how about you CarrieCo did you breastfeed your twins?  that is one of my biggest worries...actually it is my biggest worry right now...my kids have issues with their digestive systems so I sooo want to stay away from formula...with my son I gave formula and it was horriable for him and with My daughter she never had a drop and the difference was night and day.

I did not read Dr. Lukes for that very reason...I thought it would do me more harm then good..emotionally I mean.  I read "mothering Multiples" and it had information about diet and things.  

Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Glad to hear of other's that have co-slept or plan to co-sleep with twins.  We have a family bed so our other two kiddos are still in bed with us...I would have no idea how to do anything else.  We have a Queen and a twin put together on the floor for everyone.  Hopefully that is enough room for all of us.  We will have to see and maybe play around with it for a little bit to find what works but that just seems to be the name of the game with twins anyway.

Do you plan on Breastfeeding,Star8Kitten??  how about you CarrieCo did you breastfeed your twins?  that is one of my biggest worries...actually it is my biggest worry right now...my kids have issues with their digestive systems so I sooo want to stay away from formula...with my son I gave formula and it was horriable for him and with My daughter she never had a drop and the difference was night and day.

I did not read Dr. Lukes for that very reason...I thought it would do me more harm then good..emotionally I mean.  I read "mothering Multiples" and it had information about diet and things.  

Yes, I did breastfeed my twins. I had the EZ 2 Nurse pillow especially designed for twins.  My husband had to help latch the second baby on for me in the beginning, but you'll get the hang of it!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:22 AM

I do plan to breastfeed.  I BF both my boys and I know it is the best thing I could have done for them.  I am also got a little freaked out when we first found out about the twins and I looked at some photos of twin breastfeeding.  Since then, I have calmed down and taken it all in and I am committed to BFing the twins too.  Just like co-sleeping, I can't imagine doing it another way.  I might try and pump some more this time around to make some bottles for husband to use.  My boys were both tounged tied and I expect the twins to be also.  Luckily I have someone lined up to the clipping ASAP after they are born so we can get off to a good start. 

CarrieCo, I am planning on getting the EZ nurser pillow.  DId you try any other pillows?  I know with the boys I was attached to my boppy and took it everywhere with me!  I am also obese and I just keep thinking I have to put on some weight soon.  I have another ultrasound to see how the babies are growing in two weeks so we will be able to compare but I will feel so guilty if they have not gained enough weight. 

I also got Mothering Multiples and the La Leche Leauge book on multiples.  I think I read them all in two weeks!  I am a reader and I like to have something to refer to in the middle of the night. 

Old 03-07-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

I bought the EZ 2 nurse twin nursing pillow a few weeks ago...it is sitting in the kitchen.  Man that thing is HUGE!!!  But I know it was something I really will use.  I am 150% commited to nursing the twins!  Ya, my son was tongue tied but my daughter was not...we will get the twins tongues clipped ASAP if that comes up.  It is a lot more common in boys so I am thinking at least one will b tongue tied...I am honestly nervous about that since my son still has speech issues connected to his tongue issues. 

Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:

I bought the EZ 2 nurse twin nursing pillow a few weeks ago...it is sitting in the kitchen.  Man that thing is HUGE!!!  But I know it was something I really will use.  I am 150% commited to nursing the twins!  Ya, my son was tongue tied but my daughter was not...we will get the twins tongues clipped ASAP if that comes up.  It is a lot more common in boys so I am thinking at least one will b tongue tied...I am honestly nervous about that since my son still has speech issues connected to his tongue issues. 

That is strange that both of you have experience with tongue tie! One of my boys was tongue tied and I couldn't find anyone to touch him!  I said if it happens again, I'll just clip it myself!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 AM

I have no evidence to back this up but one of midwives told me that midwives used to do them all the time with their thumb nail.  In Austin, there were only a few that would do it and they were all ENT's.  Here in Houston, I have a LC that will do it.  I could not have nursed my first without having it done and his was not even that severe.  The ENT said it has a lot to do with the baby and how willing they are to strech it out.  My fisrt was very unwilling! 

Old 03-08-2011, 08:15 PM

I am 20 weeks with triplets! I didn't know there were so many other MoMs here. I worried so much at the start about losing one of the babies. At our first u/s at 7 wks they told us there were twins. We were so happy and not really worried. Well worried sick about losing one. Then two weeks later the u/s tech sat us down and said there are three babies. I nearly flipped out I was terrified. Now that I've had some time to get used to it, I think it will be great. I was pretty overwhelmed with the prospect of trying to gain so much weight at the start, but its getting easier now. I think I've gained about 20lbs so far maybe a little more. The things I just can't let go are the idea of a c-section which seems almost unavoidable, the NICU and being separated from my babies until I can get out of bed. I just want to have another great vaginal birth and nurse my babies right away. So many things that are out of my control.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 AM

triplets!  That really would blow my mind but what a blessing.  I felt really limited right after we found out too.  I know it must be even worse with Triplets but I felt like a lot of options were taken away and that there were so many unkowns to deal with. 

Way to go on the weight gain.  You keep that up and they may not have to end up in the NICU for very long!  Will your OB let you go into labor on your own?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM

Congrats twin mamas and triplet mama! SO happy for all of you. And don't give up on your desire to birth vaginally -- check out this video montage for inspiration:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50

I thought it was beautiful and empowering! (And I only wish I were having twins!)

Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 PM

Yes, don't give up for a vaginal birth.  My girlfriend just gave birth to identical twin boys--separate sacs.

They told her that if she didn't go into labor by last Monday that they would induce her because the babies were "running out of room."  Fortunately she went into spontaneous labor on Sunday.  She labored for a bit at home then decided to head into the hospital (1hr drive).  They decided to keep her over night but it turned out she didn't have a favorable cervix so they told her to go home and come back on Wed if things didn't progress.

Went in on Wed for an induction.  They started her on cytotec then a low, slow dose of Pitocin.  She delivered her first son the next evening at 5 pm (weighed 5+lbs).  Baby #2 was delivered just over 5 hours labor (pos presentation weighing 7+lbs).

That is quite an accomplishment for a twin hospital birth if I've ever heard one.  I'm so proud of our friend.  She was able to advocate for herself in really wanting a vaginal birth if all was ok and babies weren't in distress.

It appears the docs really listened to her.

Mom, dad and babes are doing well at home.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 AM

DO NOT GIVE UP on a vaginal birth!  I made it to 37 weeks ... baby A was breech so they did the c-section.  I remember slowly accepting that I would have a c-section and now I wish I would have stood on my head and done every possible thing to get baby A to flip.   My twins weighed 6lbs and 5lbs 14 ounces.  I remember looking at their tiny heads and thinking that I could have delivered that head even if it was breech ... so the doctors entire theory about the head might get stuck if it's breech was so bogus!

Now I'm fighting for a vbac (planning a home birth and getting shadow care from an unkowing ob).  The OB told me that the hospital does not allow water birth vbac and that they would prefer to do internal monitoring on my uterus ... all which make me look forward to my home birth even more!  I just think of the momma that isn't willing to fight so hard for a vbac or who unknowingly agreed to a c-section the first time.

So ladies, learn your yoga poses, take care of yourselves, keep those babies cooking for as long as possible! YOU CAN DO IT!

User Tag List