Chat thread March 4th-11th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 63 Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome March! Spring is already on the way for some of us, but still a distant thought for others. I know it's still 20's and 30's here. I can't wait till it gets warm! That means I will be getting closer to meeting my baby!

Just wanted to get the chat thread started for the week. I know our weeks are kinda off as far as starting the chat thread but whatever. I think life is kind of a blur right now in general!

Baby is sitting breech right now. Thanks to my lovely midwife, I am able to tell how the baby is sitting. Something I have never been able to do in previous pregnancies. Since she is breech right now, I am sustaining some of those lovely kicks to the cervix. Where is your baby kicking you?

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#2 of 63 Old 03-04-2011, 09:44 AM

IT'S A GIRL!!! WWWAAAAHHHOOOO!!!!  

I'm soo happy! I've already been scowering etsy.com for vintage baby dresses and bonnets! lol 

That's all I can think about right now ... having a girl and shopping for her! :D

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#3 of 63 Old 03-04-2011, 08:19 PM

CarrieCo- Yeah!  I was so hoping to go buy some cute girly things but I guess I'll be "dusting off" my old baby boy stuff.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#4 of 63 Old 03-05-2011, 06:29 AM

I am having a girl too! DH has nicknamed this baby snorkles because, as he says, "she is swimming around in there" orngbiggrin.gif

I have been sick with a nasty cold but starting to feel better. I went to my OB and only gained 4 lb. this month. It still puts me at a weight gain of 20 lb at 22 weeks. I can't help it though because I am not eating that much and what I crave is mostly salads, fruits, and fatty stuff gives me heartburn. I also started exercising again. My OB doesn't seem concerned with the amount of weight I have gained though. 

DH said his parents want to have a "talk" about our plans with the baby. Before I got pregnant DH asked his mom if we had a baby would she watch the baby when I was at work. She said yes and she would be thrilled. Now that I am pregnant she wants to talk. I am nervous that she has changed her mind. 

#5 of 63 Old 03-06-2011, 11:59 AM

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going by! I'm sure it will feel plenty long before it's over, but right now it feels like it's taking no time at all. 22 weeks already!

We had our one and (hopefully) only ultrasound last week. Everything looks good from what the tech said. We're still waiting on the official word from the Dr. and my midwife. I was looking forward to finding out the gender this time, but the baby kept it's legs crossed the whole time. greensad.gif Guess we'll have to wait and be surprised.

I've had a vicious head cold for over a week. And now my two year old DD has it. Poor little mite, she is so miserable.

My midwife says I'm not eating enough. How many cart loads of food am I supposed to eat every day? I felt like i was stuffing myself all day before, and now she wants me to eat more??

I've been enjoying all the kicking and squirming. This is one active baby!

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

#6 of 63 Old 03-06-2011, 12:19 PM

I'm having a lot of pelvic pain lately. Baby is vertex and mostly posterior. I get lots of hiccups right on my pelvic bone. I feel like the baby has dropped some to compensate for my short stature and my pelvis is paying for it. I've felt some movement on my cervix but I think it's mostly head/hands, those sharp kicks to the cervix are quite distinctive.

It's warming up here and has been in the 60's lately but rainy. I wish it could stay this way but it'll be in the 80's and making it's way into the 90's before we know it, not to mention the humidity.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#7 of 63 Old 03-06-2011, 01:02 PM

I have my next MW appointment tomorrow and then we will be able to set up the anatomy scan.  We are both so excited.  DH is still hoping baby doesn't give up the goods. 

Finally starting to show a bit.  All the thumping and bumping is really neat.  DH can feel it from the outside too which is really cool for him.  I never got any of the fluttering or swishing and swirling that everyone told me to expect.  I guess I've got an active one in there. 

It's so neat to be able to see where the baby is positioned.  I still haven't figured out which is head yet and which is rump...too early for this inexperienced mama. 

I'm feeling great, work is going great--no complications so far.

I've managed to not catch DH's 3rd cold of the season so that is an additional bonus as well. 

Now if I could just get my cabinets in and my house back in order I would feel so much better mentally. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#8 of 63 Old 03-06-2011, 04:30 PM

Hi LadiesI  We found out we were having a girl a week ago and it's taking all willpower not to buy some sort of fabulous girly outfit.  @Arctic Rose.. I can't believe how quickly things are going by! I'm trying to enjoy it but I feel like I'm either working or chasing after my son or sleeping.

I've been having a lot of back pain and just a lot of pain in the whole pelvic region...I'm just trying to rest and take it easy.

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#9 of 63 Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 PM

I've been having quite a lot of random discomfort also.  Up really high, like fundal area will be sore sometimes, and my back will hardly tolerate any kind of weight (I pay for it if I wear DS).

Congrats to those that found out they're having girls.  Go out and get stuff.  We're already half way there, no need to wait to get some stuff.  I bought a few onsies and a little jumper for our baby.  It was fun to wash them and put them up in his room.  Speaking of his room, once I get the nursery bedding delivered tomorrow, wash it, and put it on his bed - the nursery will be 100% done.  Like, dresser drawers filled with clothes and everything, cloth diapers stuffed and stacked....I'm so way ahead of the game this time.  I guess this will give me all the time I want to clean clean clean before the birth.  Hopefully I'll be able to spend some lazy time at the end too.  

Question:  Would anyone be up for having a monthly chat thread as opposed to the weekly ones?  It seems like once we get started with the chatting, it's time for a new weeks thread to start.  

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#10 of 63 Old 03-07-2011, 04:17 AM

We found out last week that the baby is a boy. We were both absolutely floored, we were sure it was a girl! There goes the reliability of our intuition I guess! lol.gif We're thrilled either way it just meant more name discussions as we didn't have anytng picked for a boy.

I've been having a fair bit of discomfort too. Mostly stretching feelings, plus pressure on/around my bladder. As if I needd encouragement to pee more often!

Dh and I are both dreading the getting the room ready part. We have about 30 boxes of stuff from when we moved here (2 years ago) that haven't been unpacked, that need to be sorted through and purged to make room. A lot of it can go to the dump but some of it is books that we just don't have room for, but aren't going to be getting rid of (we're both avid readers and book collectors). It's going to be a nightmare task! And then we have to rip out one of the walls in our bedroom so we'll have room for our bed to move and have a crib attached to it.

It will all get done though smile.gif I just keep telling myself that!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#11 of 63 Old 03-07-2011, 03:45 PM

I had my 20 week appointment today with my midwife and I was floored to find out I've gained 11lbs this month angry.gif

My midwife wasn't surprised said it's pretty typical but I still fell like a house now!

We have our anatomy scan scheduled for the 14th so now it's time to be patient and wait.

Sorry for all of you that are feeling pains and aches.  I have a little bit of stretching but nothing too bothersome. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#12 of 63 Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 PM

we had an appointment today and had an ultrasound, (see profile pic) it was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing! Doc said everythings looking good :) it's always a relief to hear because I seriously have no symptoms besides achy hips and I haven't felt it kicking yet so it's nice reassurance that it's still in there!

#13 of 63 Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Congratulations to all the girls/boys.  So fun to be preparing knowing the gender!

We have our anatomy scan tomorrow and I can hardly wait!  I really want this baby to be another girl but I have a feeling that it is a boy. :(  I don't want to be disappointed, so I'm trying to prepare myself.  I guess I've always pictured myself as a mommy of 2 girls.  I've even bought some pink things already. ;)  They can be returned though, well mostly. 

Our weather is improving  and I love it.  We should be up to 85 by thursday.  Bring on the tank tops!

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

#14 of 63 Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 AM

Was reading a book with my son last night about the year and it talked about March being a Spring month......oh how I wish that was true here in Norway! I'm tired of winter!!! But otherwise things are going well. I'm still sick in the mornings but then it's done for the day. I'm 21 weeks this week. My belly has popped and I *feel* pregnant for sure.

Baby is 'thumping and bumping' a lot and I love it. Trying to remember everything since this will be our last time doing this.  I had the most detailed, lovely dream last night about the birth and the baby, it was a girl and I was SO happy! Then I got to nurse her and everything was perfect! SO nice to wake up to that. joy.gif only problem is that on our last U/S the midwife had a hard time seeing the gender but *thinks* it's a boy. We're having another U/S next friday and I'm hoping we get a really clear look then - just hope I won't feel too disappointed if it is indeed another boy.

Having a really hard time thinking of more boys names - I feel like we've used up all the good ones that work in English and Norwegian. I've decided to just wait until after the next U/S to think more about it.  

I've sorted through all the old baby clothes and cloth diapers. Everything is neatly folded and put away in the chest of drawers for baby - I'm getting excited about getting things ready. Is it too soon to be nesting????

Hope everyone has a great week!

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#15 of 63 Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM

We found out a week ago that we're having a little girl! (our first) I'm dying to go buying girly things, but my baby shower is only a month away and DH wants me to wait until we see what people give us before we go out and buy things. We're on a tight budget since we'll be going down to one income. I would love to be nesting and decorating the nursery (esp now that morning sickness and most of the fatigue is over) but I have nothing to nest with yet!

#16 of 63 Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM

It's a girl!  I'm so relieved and excited. :) 

meagsm: Did you register yet?  Then you'd have an idea of what people will get.  In my experience I got mostly clothes for my DD, only a few practical things.  

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

#17 of 63 Old 03-09-2011, 12:23 PM

meagsm- Go out & buy one sweet little outfit at least!  That might hold you over til the shower.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#18 of 63 Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM

I agree...buy a little baby outfit you adore :)  It's fantastic to get clothes but it's always nice to have something you picked out, in your own style, you know? Maybe get something a little bigger because people tend to buy the smaller sizes at the shower (although I didn't get anything in newborn size and for DS's first month, he was swimming in everything he got!)

Just came back from my appointment today and I found out that apparently I'm super anemic, so I need to watch the iron. Hopefully  that will give me some energy!

#19 of 63 Old 03-10-2011, 05:35 PM

Everything seems to be going well over here.  I wont get to half way until Saturday.  It stinks being at the end of the month- its like the kid who doesnt turn 16 until their Jr. year! haha.  Baby is super active and my fundus is right at my belly button so I'm assuming it is growing appropriately.  We have our 20 week scan next Friday.  We dont want to find out the gender but I'll be watching closely just to see if I can catch a glimpse.  My feeling is that it's a girl but I'm not as convinced this time as I was with DS- I just knew he was a boy.  Part of me hopes for little girl (hence another little Hanna Andersen sleeper from Costco this am just in case) and part of me hopes for another boy for DS to rough and tumble with! 

It is trying to be spring here.  50 and pouring rain, sun breaks, high wind warning, pouring rain, sun breaks... repeat until July. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRose View Post

My midwife says I'm not eating enough. How many cart loads of food am I supposed to eat every day? I felt like i was stuffing myself all day before, and now she wants me to eat more??

I cant eat much these days! we went out sans DS yesterday with some friends and I was totally stoked to just eat whatever I wanted on the menu.  I could only eat just a little before I was totally full.  :( LAME 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

I've been having quite a lot of random discomfort also.  Up really high, like fundal area will be sore sometimes, and my back will hardly tolerate any kind of weight (I pay for it if I wear DS).

Question:  Would anyone be up for having a monthly chat thread as opposed to the weekly ones?  It seems like once we get started with the chatting, it's time for a new weeks thread to start.  

I get twinges over my belly.  Im sure its my tired old muscles but it kind of hurts- its like when you turn your neck wrong only down the side of my belly.  It always makes me jump.  Plus my belly has been really sore to the touch.  if it gets bumped it is quite painful.  Not all the time, but I dont remember it being like that with DS.  Other than that, no complaints here.

I'd totally be up for monthly, or bimonthly threads.  I can never remember to go to the new one and always keep going back to the old one.

uote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

Hi LadiesI  We found out we were having a girl a week ago and it's taking all willpower not to buy some sort of fabulous girly outfit.  @Arctic Rose.. I can't believe how quickly things are going by! I'm trying to enjoy it but I feel like I'm either working or chasing after my son or sleeping.

What are you waiting for!!! Buy away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBlesing View Post

I had my 20 week appointment today with my midwife and I was floored to find out I've gained 11lbs this month angry.gif

I remember with DS I'd gain a pound for one month then like 10 for the next.  It was distressing at the time but it evened out in the end.  Plus since we're all getting to the early 20's gestation wise, that's when baby really starts to grow and add lbs too.  Eat up!

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#20 of 63 Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 PM

20 weeks today--woot woot!

#21 of 63 Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahen2coop View Post

Everything seems to be going well over here.  I wont get to half way until Saturday.  It stinks being at the end of the month- its like the kid who doesnt turn 16 until their Jr. year! haha.   

ROTFLMAO.gifThat cracked me up. 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#22 of 63 Old 03-11-2011, 12:34 PM

Congrats to everyone who is finding out the baby's sex! We officially decided not to find out this time, after waffling back and forth on it. I think that magical moment when we find out at birth will be worth the wait.

I did have a dream that it was a boy, but I also believe that means absolutely nothing. smile.gif In my dream I had the most amazing, easy, completely painless and totally joyful birth EVER and I was just so so happy! I said, it's a boy, it's a boy! and hugged my little baby to my chest. It was incredible and I was still happy all over when I woke up! (I hope it goes just like that in real life! Although boy or girl is fine with me.)

I had a midwife appointment today. Baby's HR was 140. Everything is great. I'm really loving my midwife and her assistant! They talked with me for a couple hours today and I asked a bunch of questions. I just really feel confident in their skill, knowledge, and attitude. Moreso now that I'm getting to know them better! So that's awesome.

I'm trying to get my DS used to the idea of the new baby. We have the book "Hello Baby" and it's so cute, whenever he picks up that book he starts making labor sounds like "aaaoohhhhhh!!!" because I explained that I'll be making those sounds (we plan to have him at the birth.) We also just got him another big brother book and I ordered a life-like doll to help teach him about being gentle with the baby, etc. I think he's going to be a great big brother!

I've started nesting in a big way. So much to do! Anyway, blah blah blah...

Is anyone else starting to feel super excited? Like even more than before? smile.gif
#23 of 63 Old 03-11-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

Is anyone else starting to feel super excited? Like even more than before? smile.gif

YES!  I was excited with DS but anxious too because I didn't know what to expect. This time I'm SO excited!

#24 of 63 Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 AM

Yay, Now I can FINALLY Officially say half way!  woo hoo! I finally spilled the beans at work.  They were all amazed that I hid it for that long.  :)  I'm just excited because I'm finally half way!  still torndizzy.gif between homebrith and hospital with my coworkers... but that's another thread. 

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#25 of 63 Old 03-12-2011, 12:48 PM

I officially felt pregnant yesterday, I mean I have gone through the morning (or all day!) sickness, gained 20 lb, and found out I am having a girl, but yesterday I felt REALLY pregnant. The day before I felt my stomach muscles stretching and then POOF! my belly popped and I now waddle instead of walk. I was asked to do the March of Dimes walk with people at my work and I joked I won't walk it but I will waddle it! Parents at the school I work at are noticing too. I bought myself a dress and a few more shirts and now I feel more pregnant round than fat round. I also let DD pick out one clothing item for her new sister. 

Congrats to those making the halfway point!

#26 of 63 Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 PM

Anatomy scan tomorrow afternoon.  Very excited and nervous all at the same time.  Can't believe I have to chug down 32oz of water 1 hr prior to the scan.

1.  I don't know if I can physically drink that much water in a short amount of time.

2.  I'll be peeing like crazy and don't know if I'll be able to hold it through the whole scan.

#27 of 63 Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 AM

HawaiianBlessing: That's odd! I was specifically told not to drink beforehand, and on top of that when I arrived for my scan they had me empty my bladder before going in. 32 oz of water is crazy all at once! I hope your scan goes great though and the full bladder will be VERY worth it if you get to see everything you want to see!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#28 of 63 Old 03-14-2011, 11:23 AM

HawaiianBlessing - I was told to do the same thing!  By the time I got into the scan I quite literally COULD NOT let the tech start before letting out some of the pee.  I was so full it was painful.  The tech said "I need to check you before you can use the bathroom." and I said "I really need to go, even letting out two teaspoons would be helpful."  So he said I could go as long as I could stop it, which I could, and did (although that was not cool stopping the peeing!).  When I was done, he scanned me for about 1 minute, then sent me to empty.  Man, it was brutal!  Funny thing, he said that before I went in to pee, baby's bladder was full too, when I got back we were both empty.  ROTFLMAO.gif

#29 of 63 Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM

Just got home from the scan.  Apparently the reason for the full bladder is so they can see the cervix better....that's it.  I got half way through the scan and she had to have me empty it so baby would rotate.  She needed to see the brain better and baby wouldn't cooperate with all that fluid. 

Everything appeared to look good.  The heart was so beautiful to see.  Baby looked adorable and the tech was so sweet.

Baby weighed 14oz which I guess is good size for this age. 

It looks like we are joining team testosterone.   Yes really it's a boy!   I'm in shock still....my family has all girls so they are very excited as well. 

Now the tough part of choosing a name or two begins.

So excited!!!!

#30 of 63 Old 03-15-2011, 06:18 AM

HawaiianBlessing - Congrats on finding out it's a boy!  I agree about choosing a name, it's going to be quite difficult.  DH & I have been talking about names for weeks and have come up with nothing so far (I've had to veto the one name he loves because it's way too far outside of my "criteria"). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page