What position is your baby in now? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahen2coop View Post

I'm trying not to be worried yet since it's still early. I'll worry more after 30 weeks I think. From what I've read there, just maintaining good posture, staying active, and doing some inversions can help. We'll see!! I'd be devastated if I had to have a Cesarean. If it ended up breech I'd just wait until I was about to deliver to show up at the hossy so they didn't have any other choice. Transverse... not so good... but also very rare. Crossing my fingers!

If it helps, keep in mind that most babies are born head down without mom doing anything special to get baby in that position. Breech and transverse babies at labor do happen but the likelihood of your baby being in either one of those positions is really low.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Baby just flipped to head down:)  It was while I was doing a runner's lunge in yoga- I think baby felt a bit too squashed!  I was doing the tilts and the flashlight, but it was definately the lunge that did it.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM

My baby may have moved within the last week. My OB couldn't tell today if s/he was still head down or not.  Personally, I think it's still head down.  I feel what I imagine are fingers going along the front of my belly way down low.  I suppose they could be toes though...

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Baby has been head down at every appointment MFM and OB since 12 weeks. I just contribute the pressure on my bladder to my DS rather large noggin. ;)

Married to my wonderful eat.gif 09/09 Stay at home slinggirl.gif to Lala  energy.gif5/09 missing 4 week angel1.gif 04/10 and 18 week angel3.gifEmmy 08/10 staying calm om.gif and waiting for our rainbow1284.gifDue 7/2011 babyboy.gif  We choose to BF exclusively and delayedvax.gif
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My baby is still moving around A LOT at 30 weeks, and changing positions frequently. Yesterday at my appt, I thought it was head down with its back curving up the left side of my stomach because there was a hard lump/ridge there (as there often is). However, the midwife was picking up the heartbeat on the right side of my stomach very clearly, and it was very muffled on the left side, with more swish-y noise. So she thinks the placenta is on the left side, and perhaps that was the baby's head underneath the placenta making the bump, with its body going diagonally up the right side. But who knows? It is kicking me all over the place at various times!

User Tag List