Mothering Forum banner

Echocardio something and stressing out about weight gain.

654 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  HawaiianBlesing 
#1 ·
Hey ladies, let me preface by saying that I have really super well controlled type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed several yearsago when I was a little heavier. I have since lost weight and my blood sugars are practically normal. I actually have more issues with hypoglycemia than anything else.

Ok so when I had my 20 week ultrasound, the dr said everything looked good but he wanted to send me to Children's Hospital to get a "better look at the heart" If there was something wrong, he would have to tell me right?! As the echocardio thing looms closer I am playing my favorite game of "what if there is something wrong" Has anyoneelse every had an echocardio something? AmI being paranoid for nothing?

Now on to part 2. I really haven't gained very much with this baby. As of 20 weeks I had gained 2 pounds, which I know isn't enough (I am 4ft 11 and about 112 pre baby) In the last week I have been STARVING and have promptly gained 5 lbs. I was secretly hoping I wouldn't gain very much with this baby and would not have much work to do when the baby comes. I am craving the grossest, least healthy things ever, so it is not like I am gaining salad, and apple weight. It is doritos and cookie weight. WIth my 1st I couldhave cared less how much weight I gained and (although it took AWHILE) I lost every single pound. Why do I care this time? Is it another wack in my hormones? This pregnancy has been tough on my hormones, withsome depression issues and lots and lots of tears. Is this just another side effect. I want to be enjoying the "i get to eat whatever I want" but I find myself questioning everything I put in my mouth. Can someone tell me to stop beingcrazy!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hugs momma. I am not in you position but late in my SIL's pregnancy almost 2 years ago she had to go in for a fetal echocardiogram. It's a test they do to take a closer look at the baby's heart. Before the test they moved her into a high risk pregnancy and she started to freak out a bit too (and she's a Dr). Once the test was complete, baby was fine and they removed the "high risk" tag.

I hope that this is what happens in your case.

112 and 2 lbs is tiny. My first half of my pg was filled with not-so-healthy eating craving same as you doritos, In & Out hamburgers, Chicken McNuggets etc.

I wouldn't say eat whatever you want because of your diabetes but I would certainly said you seem to have a great handle on your "condition" and a little indulging is not going to hurt you or the baby. You are no where near the 25lb weight gain recommendation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.