Chat Thread: March 27th - April 2nd - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can not for the life of me multi-quote, so....

[quote name="tourist." url="/community/forum/thread/1305172/chat-thread-march-27th-april-2nd/20#post_16355825This baby is so quiet, it drives me nuts because I don't feel him move anywhere near as much as I felt my DS1.  A little bit of poking and I can get him going, but otherwise he's pretty mellow.  I hope that's a sign of his temperment...I sure could use a mild mannered kiddo, DS1 is quite demanding and active.

[/quote]

I'm totally LOL at this-my DS was SO quiet in utero, I never felt any "painful" kicks of pushes etc, but he has been a class 5 hurricane since he was born. My DD was more active in utero but is overall more calm-not calm, just MORE calm. So I am hoping for a crazy active little babe in utero this time around-however, knowing my luck, it will backfire.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBlesing View Post

Curlyfry- Alfalfa and Kelp have amazing ante-cancer properties as well as IP-6.

My little 20lb corgi had a nasty cancer tumor the size of a grapefruit on her liver and they gave her less than a month to live.  I was devastated.  I started giving her IP-6 tabs as well as some enzymes then found out about the alfalfa and kelp.

She lasted another 6 months.  I was so grateful for each "extra" day that I had her with me.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  It was hard for me and still is at times.

Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Thanks HB. I keep going back and forth between being thankful for how long I HAVE had her, and then railing against fate for taking her from me so soon. She is getting her 1st treatment today, and we are also looking into some alternative stuff as well, so I will check into what you mentioned. The oncologist said that usually dogs with as much disease as she has feel SICK, while Banshee is still playing, so maybe she will live longer than expected. As it is, they are saying 2-3 months, so that is putting it pretty much right when this baby is due-prefect timing, of course. greensad.gif

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM

I haven't posted in a long time but I'm still around. 27 weeks on Saturday, at my 24 week appointment I measured in at 27 weeks so I assume I'm even bigger now. I'm not sure where the 2nd trimester burst of energy was but I definitely feel more energy now that I'm heading into the 3rd trimester. I'm feeling like the baby is more engaged, it's getting pretty tight in there so not much choice. I was out shopping this morning and had the characteristic softball in my crotch sensation, lol. I don't feel a lot of hard kicks, more wiggles and bumps than anything but always at the same times so really predictable in that regard. I've had some hard kicks to my ribs a few times.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 PM

I had my OB appointment last Friday and got the shock of my life: I've gained 11 pounds in the past month! I was so depressed. bawling.gif I joked to DH that, hey, maybe half the weight is just me being so "backed up!"

Anyway, It's getting really tough to sit through work some days, considering that I'm at a desk most of the time and, by the end of the day, I feel like my belly is three times larger than it should be. Anyone else noticing that their belly is much bigger in the evening?

The LO is kicking away most of the time, but I haven't had any painful jabs or anything. DH did get to fell him kick the other day. It was so sweet! joy.gif

Old 03-31-2011, 05:14 PM

@Jo....that was totally me last month.  I couldn't believe that I had gained 11lbs in one month.  My MW said it's pretty common around the 20wk appt.  But thankfully later in the week or the next week, I took the biggest poo of my life and literally lost about 6lbs or so.  Was 160 at the appt in the am and dropped to 153/154 after said poo.  It was such a relief for me both physically and mentally. 

So maybe it just is some baby + poo

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 PM

awallrising - I haven't been crying so much but god, am I irritable. Maybe because I feel like I'm nine months pregnant when I'm only SIX. This is the last week of my second trimester. Well, I'm just sick of being pregnant. I want my wine back please.

curlyfry - I give kudos to you and your DH for trying to start a business - we're also thinking about that and I just don't know how we would find the time.  So sorry to hear about your dog :( I also hope your husband eases off the work a little and makes time for your family.  And you are definitely not the only one not excited.  The only thing I'm excited for is not being a whale and sometimes, I think about my DS and number two playing when they are a little older... and that makes me happy, because our only son right now really needs a playmate.  But the next three years I could probably do without. Sleepless nights, crying, fits, not knowing what is wrong... I'll pass.

tourist - I sure hope your babe is mellow. Mine is doing somersaults around the clock like my first son did (which is why I think it's a boy).  And honestly, I'm not enjoying the movement so much like I did the first time. This baby is going to kick my bladder straight out of me by the time I'm nine months.

Anyone being completely lazy about exercising? I meant to at least walk every day but where is the time? Between work, my son and school, I can barely find time to study.  I think I've taken on too much but neither son... nor work... nor school are going anywhere soon.  I'm worried (irrationally) I'll be so flabby and out of shape by the time I need to deliver, I won't be able to do it. Of course, that's just my hormones thinking, right...?

Old 04-01-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoEngland View Post

I had my OB appointment last Friday and got the shock of my life: I've gained 11 pounds in the past month! I was so depressed. bawling.gif I joked to DH that, hey, maybe half the weight is just me being so "backed up!"

Anyway, It's getting really tough to sit through work some days, considering that I'm at a desk most of the time and, by the end of the day, I feel like my belly is three times larger than it should be. Anyone else noticing that their belly is much bigger in the evening?

The LO is kicking away most of the time, but I haven't had any painful jabs or anything. DH did get to fell him kick the other day. It was so sweet! joy.gif

I gained weight like that with DS. I'd gain 1 lb for a visit then 10 for the next. Remember too this is a time of great gains in the baby too. They really start to gain weight now so I dont know about you guys, but I'm hungry a lot of the time smile.gif

And yes, Sages, I've been lazy about exercising. I bike for 30 mins then do a yoga video probably only 2 days a week. I'm outside with DS at least 4-5 days a week which includes carrying him up our really, really steep driveway, but that only takes a few minutes. We're in the hustle and bustle of working and preparing for a nice long vacation next week so I'm telling myself once we get back I'll go swimming in the mornings. But that means I have to set an alarm and get up early so we'll see how that goes!

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

User Tag List