Chat Thread: March 27th - April 2nd - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thought I would make us a new one!

How are all you ladies doing?

I'm 22 weeks and up 10lbs ... I'm pretty proud of that.  All vitals are good.

My boobs have started leaking already! It's just clear, but it feels like I'm making milk in there!

Hope everyone is well and that the birth plans/baby preparations are coming along smoothly!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#2 of 37 Old 03-26-2011, 12:57 PM

I'm 22 weeks today and I'm up 14lbs. I think that's less than at this point last time, but I dont worry about the scale so much as I know I need to be eating better. what was that diet that some people were talking about before to maybe prevent PIH? I dont think I'll end up PIH but it looked like a good way to make sure you were getting good stuff.

I just spent the last hour browsing online trying to find a maternity fleece jacket and found one for $50 shipped. I really think I'll get tons of use out of it so I think it's worth the price but since this is about 75% the last baby it stinks a little. Oh well, I'll sell it afterwards I guess, or my sister will reap the benefits when she's having kids someday.

I also would like to say again how much I'm REALLY liking this book-Gentle birth, gentle mothering : a doctor's guide to natural childbirth and gentle early parenting choices / Buckley, Sarah J

Its got some really good info backed up by studies with her personal birth stories sprinkled in there. Im just really loving it. Although, reading it makes me question my (FINALLY) decision to deliver at the hospital. Maybe birth day will come and I'll just know what to do, but since I couldn't find a midwife that I connected with (well, I did but she's on vaca during my birth time mecry.gif) I decided I'd rather have birth attendants that I trusted vs the setting that I wanted. BUT when I read this book it makes me want to just do a UC and call it good. I just hate the bustle surrounding the hospital birth. They dont REALLY need to weigh or fully assess the baby right then, and although we wont be vaxing I wouldn't mind if we just skipped the vit K shot. If he's pink and crying he's good- they can count toes later! So, I'm still conflicted but we'll see I guess as it gets closer. Maybe I'll just labor quickly and have no option smile.gif

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#3 of 37 Old 03-26-2011, 03:45 PM

I'm 22w2d today and seem to be packing on the pounds compared to you other mommas.  I posted this story in the Aug DDC but guess I should share here too.  Might be a little TMI so read at your own risk:   At my 20 week appt I was up 19lbs weighing in @ 160 (11lbs in the last month alone).  I was a little freaked that I had gained so much weight in one month.  Turns out I was just really, really constipated--to the point it became uncomfortable to sit down.  I finally was able to go to the bathroom and felt so much better.  I mean my whole demeanor changed.  It was such a relief.  I got back on the scale about a week later at my trainer's studio and was down to 154--PHEW!  That was such a relief on my brain.  I know weight doesn't matter to an extent because it's all for baby but the whole 11lbs in one month was a little crazy for me.

My tummy is still quite small-- I think.  It is finally starting to round out a bit and look a little more pg "ish" rather than just fluff.  If you didn't know me though, you would still think that I had just been packing on the pounds. 

My boobs have starting leaking clear fluid as well.  I only noticed because I need to check them daily (for hair slivers).  As a pet groomer I frequently get hair slivers in my nipples.  Let me tell you that is none too pleasant mecry.gif.  I keep telling DH that our poor DS is going to get hairballs from his momma--GROSS!  Needless to say I have to check and pluck daily and will do that as well if /when I decide to go back to work. 

I've been kind of freaking out the last couple of days with worrying.  So many people I know are pregnant and a few of the stories have been scary.  One of the mommas lost her baby at 8 months due to a kinked cord.  I know that chances of that are slim to none but sometimes my mind just races.  Yesterday I couldn't stop crying due to all the negative things I had heard.  I finally had to just snap out of it and try to find all the positive things to focus on instead of the scary/negative things. 

On the positive side: 

Two of my girlfriends just had babies in the last couple of weeks each with a kind of neat birth story.  The first had identical twin boys which she was able to deliver vaginally in the hospital.  It was amazing! They were really slow and gentile with her (she had to be induced) but the boys were born 5 hours apart (2nd guy was posterior) and they let her continue without forcing a C-section on her.

The second was originally going to have a hospital birth with a MW but decided at 38wks that a home/water birth is truly what she wanted so she switched.  She got her home birth...not to sure of the water birth (labor was kind of fast) but the neat twist in this was that if she did have a hospital birth she would have had to deliver with an OB.  Her MW was called out of town on a family emergency.

I just thought those were two positive stories to share. 

Booked a flight to head back East and see my family in early May.  It will be nice for the family to be able to see me while I'm pregnant other than a few random Face Book pics.  My grandfather has terminal cancer and the family is celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary.  I thought it would be good to get to see him "one last time" due to the fact that we probably won't be able to make the funeral due to time, expense and pregnancy being so far along or the baby being so young (provided he makes it to Aug)  so it will be a bit of "closure" for me.

@ Mamahen-- the diet is called the Brewer Diet and it seems to be quiet a bit of food for most people.  I have been trying to follow it but am not strictly on it.  The big thing is the 100 grams of protein.  Some days I'm good and then others I'm no where near that.  My eating habits have really been all over the place. 

I guess I'll stop rambling now... hope everyone has a great week!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#4 of 37 Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Hawaiian-
Hang in there mama. Im an L&D nurse so I see those horrible but very rare cases of late pregnancy losses. Plus I helped found our perinatal loss program so I also see all the early losses that dont even get admitted to our unit. It was very hard for me to bond with baby until after 12 weeks and even then I'm still a worrier. I just had to tell myself that there was really nothing I could do. Honestly the times that there is an explanation for a loss are few and far between. I dont smoke, I dont do drugs or alcohol, I dont put myself at any risk that might increase my chances for a loss so in all reality, there is nothing else I can do to help reduce the risk.
It's devastating but there is nothing to prevent a cord accident like that. Contrary to my grandmothers belief, bending over does not cause a cord accident wink1.gif
So just remind yourself that you're doing the best you know how and you have to trust that your body will do what it knows how. Sometimes it doesn't make sense but we've just got to trust. hug2.gif

and ps- that's AWESOME your friend go to deliver her twins!

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#5 of 37 Old 03-26-2011, 07:12 PM

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and have gained... (drums)... 34 lbs.  Yeah, it's a shame really.  I'm actually very tiny to begin with (I weighed about 100 pre-pregnancy) and gained 50 lbs with my first child. I hope this makes everyone feel better :) Really though, despite the similar weight gain between pregnancy one and two, I feel absolutely gigantic.  I know they say the second time is different.  I'll just be happy when this baby comes.  My back and hips are aching more this time around. The best part is that the pregnancy has motivated me into eating extremely healthy again.  The hardest part so far has been my two year old.  It's been difficult for him to accept that I cannot carry him anymore, or as much.

@ mamahen: everything really does feel better after you've poo'd, so my husband says ;)

#6 of 37 Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahen2coop View Post

Its got some really good info backed up by studies with her personal birth stories sprinkled in there. Im just really loving it. Although, reading it makes me question my (FINALLY) decision to deliver at the hospital. Maybe birth day will come and I'll just know what to do, but since I couldn't find a midwife that I connected with (well, I did but she's on vaca during my birth time mecry.gif) I decided I'd rather have birth attendants that I trusted vs the setting that I wanted. BUT when I read this book it makes me want to just do a UC and call it good. I just hate the bustle surrounding the hospital birth. They dont REALLY need to weigh or fully assess the baby right then, and although we wont be vaxing I wouldn't mind if we just skipped the vit K shot. If he's pink and crying he's good- they can count toes later! So, I'm still conflicted but we'll see I guess as it gets closer. Maybe I'll just labor quickly and have no option smile.gif

Hey Mamhen ~ You can tell them the baby doesn't need a vit. K shot ... esp. if he is not getting circ'd! You can just write it into the birth plan.  I had them give it to my boys orally ... which confused the nurse, but whatever!  I don't think it's neccessary,.  I think the time after birth is soo important for bonding and nurses are just so set on a routine that they forget all about that.  I know that you want birth attendants that you trust ... but how do you know you will get that in a hospital setting? Your birth attendant could be anyone with their own agenda! I'm so less trusting of doctors, nurses, and hospitals, than I would be with say a midwife, lay midwife, doula, etc.  What do you think your biggest hangup is about having a homebirth?! Is it that you haven't found the right midwife or something else?  You still have plenty of time to meet the right person. Do you have a doula? If you do decide on a hospital birth, at least you will be going in with one person you can trust and who can back up your decisions!  Good luck with your decision!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#7 of 37 Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCo View Post

Hey Mamhen ~ You can tell them the baby doesn't need a vit. K shot ... esp. if he is not getting circ'd! You can just write it into the birth plan.  I had them give it to my boys orally ... which confused the nurse, but whatever!  I don't think it's neccessary,.  I think the time after birth is soo important for bonding and nurses are just so set on a routine that they forget all about that.  I know that you want birth attendants that you trust ... but how do you know you will get that in a hospital setting? Your birth attendant could be anyone with their own agenda! I'm so less trusting of doctors, nurses, and hospitals, than I would be with say a midwife, lay midwife, doula, etc.  What do you think your biggest hangup is about having a homebirth?! Is it that you haven't found the right midwife or something else?  You still have plenty of time to meet the right person. Do you have a doula? If you do decide on a hospital birth, at least you will be going in with one person you can trust and who can back up your decisions!  Good luck with your decision!

I have the unique experience of working there. So my OB is on for me 24/7 and if for some reason she were to be gone, I've asked her colleague to assume my care instead of who ever is on call. And when I go into labor, I can call another nurse that I'm comfortable with to be my nurse and she can just come in. I kind of get to choose who will be the nursery nurse. the one person i cant choose is the Ped on call. Our pediatrician doesn't have hospital privileges so I'll be at the mercy of the on call dr. I do plan to get a doula.

i've had an arduous journey in deciding my birthing place. I'm still conflicted and reading books like I am makes it worse. I have moments of clarity then I feel bad again. UC doesn't sound so bad these days. If you want the full scoop, and have a few minutes, please read my thread. One big hang up is breaking up with my OB and the social reasons of where I work hide.gif.

Another hangup about homebirth is that I cant find a midwife that we're both comfortable with. The one we could both agree on takes a month off and it's July. I'm due the 30th so she said if I went full term she'd be able to deliver but Id have to see her back up (whom I dont click with at all) for the last month of visits and if I delivered more than a few days early. The only other midwife that I felt mostly comfortable with, DH didn't because she is a CPM not a LM. According to her, she can function the same but according to the WA licensing she doesn't hold a license in WA so I'm not sure if they dont recognize CPM or what. She said CPM is the min needed to practice in WA and is working toward her LM so she can accept insurance. She is also from about an hour away so she has no connections in my area and will have to learn who and where to transfer to in case of emergency (even though my OB would be my backup).

I haven't actually done any research about Vit K yet. What is the difference between IM and oral administration (besides the obvious)?

#8 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagesmothertree View Post

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and have gained... (drums)... 34 lbs.  Yeah, it's a shame really.  I'm actually very tiny to begin with (I weighed about 100 pre-pregnancy) and gained 50 lbs with my first child. I hope this makes everyone feel better :) Really though, despite the similar weight gain between pregnancy one and two, I feel absolutely gigantic.

If it makes you feel any better, I've gained 38 or 39 lbs already.  I'm well on my way to having another 60 lb weight gain like I did with my first 2 children (my 3rd & 4th were 35 lbs, but I also started off heavier with them). 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#9 of 37 Old 03-27-2011, 12:11 PM

I haven't weighed myself since my last OB visit in the beginning of March. At that point I gained 20 lb. The last week I see that my belly is much firmer looking and feels more baby and less fat. I am also feeling much heavier and sometimes short of breath.

I have been feeling a lot of anxiety and stressing over little things. I am getting obsessive over things like what to name the baby and how to set my house up for baby. I know that I will have all I really need because when I had DS 12 years ago I had nothing but a car seat, a sling, some hand-me-down clothes, and a rocking chair. He did fine. I wish DH could understand that my anxiety over little things is hormonal and I am trying very hard not to get caught up in it. Anyone else having anxiety or mood swings?

#10 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 AM

Yes, sort of. I asked my husband to go in our storage unit and bring home our baby clothes so I could go through them. He said we didn't need to just yet. So I burst out into tears and told him he didn't understand and that I needed to go through the clothes :) That's logical, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty02 View Post

I haven't weighed myself since my last OB visit in the beginning of March. At that point I gained 20 lb. The last week I see that my belly is much firmer looking and feels more baby and less fat. I am also feeling much heavier and sometimes short of breath.

I have been feeling a lot of anxiety and stressing over little things. I am getting obsessive over things like what to name the baby and how to set my house up for baby. I know that I will have all I really need because when I had DS 12 years ago I had nothing but a car seat, a sling, some hand-me-down clothes, and a rocking chair. He did fine. I wish DH could understand that my anxiety over little things is hormonal and I am trying very hard not to get caught up in it. Anyone else having anxiety or mood swings?

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#11 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Is anyone else crying A LOT?  I seem to cry everyday.  ugh!

I've gained about 8 lbs at 25 wks, which is good b/c I was 50 lbs overweight to begin with.  I hope I can keep it to 15lbs total which is looking good at this point.  I get full so much faster these days too so I feel like I'm eating a lot, but I guess I'm 

Seeing my midwives today for my monthly check-in.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#12 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

Is anyone else crying A LOT?  I seem to cry everyday.  ugh!

Me, me, me!  I can't seem to stop!  I feel bad for my husband because he's getting the brunt of it and nothing he says or does makes it better.  I feel like a crazy person. dizzy.gif  I have no sense of humor anymore either.  No one can tease me or make the slightest joke without me ending up in tears.  Plus I'm so sleep deprived lately!  when I wake up to pee in the night I can't get back to sleep for a few hours.  I don't think that's helping my emotional state at all. 

That being said I'm trying really hard to remember that overall I'm doing very well and I am lucky to be feeling as good as I do!  So far I haven't had any problems and I'm just so happy to be expecting our first little babe in a few months.  Sometimes it's hard to think that way when you're crying all the time though, especially when thoughts like that lead to tears too! orngtongue.gif

#13 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 AM

mugglesmom- I am so super sensitive about anything anyone says.  I can either get really angry or feel like bursting into tears.  Ack!  I didn't cry at all with my 1st.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#14 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 AM

I just got Tantric Yoga for Blissful Pregnancy from netflix and it's pretty good. It's mostly some controlled stretching, which feels good, then some meditations. I think I'll keep it and do it once or twice a day while I'm on vaca next week

#15 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 PM

I am getting the Hypnobabies Home Study Course (buying it used from a friend) this weekend and I can't wait to start it! I've heard so many good things. Don't know if I'll have the discipline to follow the program "correctly" but I figure anything I do will be good, right?

I've been trying really hard to walk regularly for at least a mile at a time, but haven't been doing it every day. I always feel better the days I walk--really looking forward to the cold weather ending once and for all! (I'll probably be eating those words in June when I'm gigantic and muggy and having to shower 3x a day!) But yeah can't wait to go on a really pretty nature hike soon.

Today I got one of those gigantic pregnancy pillows from a yard sale. Gonna try it out tonight.
#16 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Radicaleel, could you tell me how that works out for you? I use the hypnobirthing (I think that's it... I get them confused, the Monagan method one) and I literally fall asleep within 5 minutes each and every time. I don't think Ive made it through the relaxation track once.  I am skeptical to buy the hypnobabies course because I feel like I'll just sleep.

#17 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 PM

I have a body pillow--not a "true" pg pillow and love it.  It helps so much.  DH not such a big fan because it's right between us.  I guess we could change sides of the bed but then I might not be able to sleep.  It's hard for me to sleep "out of position"

I got my hypnobabies in the mail the other day.  I really need to crack it open and get to work on it.  I'm excited.  One of my girlfriends used it and LOVED it.  Said it made 4 hours off labor pass by like it was 4 minutes.

I hope it has the same effect for me.  She had a hospital birth though but hopefully that won't matter.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#18 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 PM

This is my first pregnancy and as of last week I'm up 15lbs at week 25. Although I spent yesterday with a friend who consistantly joked to others at a BBQ that I wasn't pregnant, just fat. Aside from being super sensitive these days anyway, that kind of "humor" is tough to take. I thought I was looking ok, then I got upset yesterday evening that I was just getting fat. But I'm over it now (just don't want to talk to her for long while!) and back to feeling glorious and proud of rockin' a baby belly. I'm due July 5th and plan to have a water birth attended by a midwife and my friend who is a doula, and hubby, too. I've been reading all of Ina May and lit on EC, baby wearing & co-sleeping... very exciting stuff. I live in Guatemala right now and far from friends & fam, and fellow pregnant ladies I can chat with, I end up walking a lot to get groceries and stuff (which has been good for me since I'm typically not a very faithful exerciser), but I've got a great birth setup and very wonderful partner in all of this. Enjoying every kick and moment of this!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#19 of 37 Old 03-28-2011, 11:00 PM

Guatemama1  Welcome.  It's so nice to have like-minded mommas here to chat with and get great ideas/support from.

No one jokes about me just being fat (I think they know better with my type of personality) but if you didn't know me, you would think that I was just chubby and not necessarily pregnant.  My belly is finally starting to round out a bit but it's the top to bottom round type not just the cute little bump most of these mommas are sporting. 

I'm pregnant with my first too and am enjoying all of it (well not the constipation but I think I'm over that now).  DH has nicknamed our baby Awesome.  He's been making me giggle the last couple of days.  The other day while driving to work he was just somersaulting all over the place and it felt so weird but cool all at the same time.  I was laughing the whole way to work.

Tonight he's been kicking/punching (not sure which) with such force my whole tummy was moving.  Again, made me giggle. 

I'm finally starting to finally "feel" pregnant.  My non maternity shirts no longer fit very well and creep up my belly.  I guess that's a good thing.  I've had a hard time believing this pregnancy was real even will all the concrete evidence.  I've never had a loss but it was just so surreal. 

#20 of 37 Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

Radicaleel, could you tell me how that works out for you? I use the hypnobirthing (I think that's it... I get them confused, the Monagan method one) and I literally fall asleep within 5 minutes each and every time. I don't think Ive made it through the relaxation track once.  I am skeptical to buy the hypnobabies course because I feel like I'll just sleep.

I used the Hypnobabies home study during my last pregnancy and fell asleep every single time I listened to it.  Interestingly, I always woke up as the speaker was indicating that it was time to wake, but I really don't think I was experiencing "hypnotic amnesia" as the program would suggest.  Despite that, I do feel like I benefited from it.  I was really at peace with whatever labor was going to throw at me and overall my labor was pretty quick (although thanks in part to a nuchal arm - by no means was it painless).  I will be doing it again, but mostly just to focus myself, get myself into the "this is natural, normal, and peaceful" frame of mind. 

Interesting that last time I was much less anxious about the birth than this time.  I'm usually super excited and looking forward to birthing this LO but sometimes I remember too much of last time and freak myself out.  Ugh.  I guess I'm trying to focus on this being a different birth, a different baby, and an entirely different situation.  Not that my first was so terrible, because it really wasn't, but I'm hoping for something more serene I guess.  lol I really don't even know what I'm hoping for because everything last time was really how I intended for it to be, besides his positioning.  I suppose I'm hoping for a perfectly positioned baby.  smile.gif

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#21 of 37 Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 PM

mugglesmom - I totally forgot that there's a pre-made protein drink that I like.  It's Odwalla brand, Vanilla Al'Mondo Protein (20 grams of protein per bottle).  Unfortunately, it's even more expensive than Naked, but it's nice and super smooth.  They also have a chocolate version, although I can't remember what it's called.  It's made with 86% organic ingredients so that's pretty decent. Not something that I'll be buying on a regular basis but it's nice to get sometimes. 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#22 of 37 Old 03-29-2011, 06:24 PM

I used hypnobabies with my last birth and really liked it. I never felt like I was actually "hypnotized" but I thought it REALLY helped me relax, and honestly labor was pretty darn easy. I will say that the pushing stage hurt like a son of a *@tch, but it was only about 15 minutes, so doable. I need to get started on reviewing it this time around, just hard to find the time when I can be alone for a bit. I also fell asleep every time, but also woke up when it was done, so who knows??

I've also been a pretty emotional mess lately, although I am more grumpy then crying. The kids have also been absolute pains in the a$$ lately as well (I know, not very AP/gentle of me, but I CAN. NOT. TAKE. the whining and fighting and inability to wait one stinking second for anything anymore) which just adds to my grumpiness. I'm very very stressed-my beloved dog was JUST diagnosed with cancer that has already metastasized and we are trying to determine the best treatment course for her. Or maybe I should say *I* am trying to decide, as my not-so-D-DH just left for his shop for the night without even asking me what they found at the appointment today. He is trying to start his own business on top of his regular job, and I will say he is a VERY hard worker, but he goes to the shop 5-6 nights a week as soon as the kids are asleep, and works until 2-3 am, sometimes all night, and then the times he stays home he is exhausted and falls asleep. So I am alone every evening. This has been going on to some extent since I was pregnant with DD, so roughly 3 years, but the schedule has been getting worse, and I am just sick and tired of it. He says that you have to put in the time to start your own business, but that's HIS dream, not mine-sure I'd like him to be able to set his own hours and possibly make more money, but I'd rather he be around, and not exhausted, more.

And since I'm b!tching and moaning away, is there anyone else here that is having a hard time getting excited about the baby? I had initially wanted a 3rd, but then just at the time I got pregnant, started thinking maybe it was better to stop at 2. Too late!! DH did not want another (yet did nothing to PREVENT another) and anytime I worry about how to manage with 3, will crack "YOU'RE the one who wasn't complete without another baby". He won't discuss names-he's "just not into it" and between this attitude and his work schedule, I am pretty much dreading when the baby gets here. My other 2 kids have both been very high needs, bad sleepers, etc, and the thought of going through that AGAIN makes me want cry, and run away. And then I feel guilty about it-this poor little baby doesn't desever for me to not be excited about it.

OK, I have now complained enough. Sorry to be such a downer!!!!!

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#23 of 37 Old 03-29-2011, 07:57 PM

Kelly- I'm not excited yet either.  I'm also dreading when the baby comes.  I'm exhausted just dealing with the other four kids and we didn't plan on having a fifth.  This baby made its way through birth control.  I've never not been excited for a pregnancy and it's making me feel extremely guilty.  We have such busy lives and my 3.5 year old is such a pain in the rear about 90% of the time.  I just don't know what I'm going to do.  My DH has also been MIA lately.  He's working on fixing up our rental home so we can rent it out and he's literally there every day doing something.  I'm overwhelmed by having to do everything at this house by myself and I feel like I just can't catch a break.  I'm sorry to hear about your dog.  My dog tried to commit suicide this week by jumping up on the counter and gorging on homemade fudge that a neighbor dropped off.  I was worried sick about him.  He was acting off for 2 days. He's just now starting to pick back up from this.  Sorry I'm rambling in one paragraph.  I can't get my return key to work for some reason.  

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#24 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

Radicaleel, could you tell me how that works out for you? I use the hypnobirthing (I think that's it... I get them confused, the Monagan method one) and I literally fall asleep within 5 minutes each and every time. I don't think Ive made it through the relaxation track once. I am skeptical to buy the hypnobabies course because I feel like I'll just sleep.

I don't know yet how its going to work but I'll let you know! FWIW I've heard over and over that Hypnobabies is better than Mongan Method. The lady I'm buying it from has done both (for different pregnancies) and she says Hypnobabies is awesome and way better. She also said she felt like she slept through a lot of it but it ended up working great for her during the birth anyway! So I'm hoping. You can maybe get your hands on a used copy for cheap if you ask around!
#25 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

mugglesmom - I totally forgot that there's a pre-made protein drink that I like. It's Odwalla brand, Vanilla Al'Mondo Protein (20 grams of protein per bottle). Unfortunately, it's even more expensive than Naked, but it's nice and super smooth. They also have a chocolate version, although I can't remember what it's called. It's made with 86% organic ingredients so that's pretty decent. Not something that I'll be buying on a regular basis but it's nice to get sometimes.

It's called Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster! It's so yummy! But I should warn you guys 1) it contains an insane amount of sugar (I think something like 56 grams in one bottle) and 2) it's mostly soy-based protein, which is good to avoid especially in pregnancy because of the hormonal effects soy can have on your baby. Seriously I would not drink these regularly! But once in awhile as a treat, heck yeah! I think I've had 2 of them so far this preg.
#26 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 AM

Curlyfry - hug2.gif  I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time.  I hope that your husband eventually comes around and starts to be supportive.  That's got to be very emotionally challening to deal with (his lack of involvement/empathy).  I'm so sorry for your dog.  That's so sad.

SurburbanHippie - Same to you.  hug2.gif  And just because I'm procrastinating my job, I'm going to blab on and on:  One good thing about fudge is that it's got such a high percent of sugar that, even though it *is* chocolate, it's not in high enough concentration to kill a dog (generally speaking of course).  The bad stuff would be baking chocolate that has almost nothing but cocao.  My dog ate a box of Valentine's Day chocolates a few years ago.  She got the runs really bad but that was about it.  She was MUCH worse off when she ate a bulb of garlic.  I thought she was going to die, but she pulled through.  Interestingly, the cat stole the garlic off the counter in an attempt to eat it himself, I assume.  If the cat had eaten it he probably would have died, it's even more toxic to cats.  I had no idea!  Now our garlic is in the fridge.

radicaleel - Yep, I was going to mention the soy and the sugar....Then I figured no one could actually afford to drink them often enough to cause any problems, lol.  They're really good though, just wish they didn't have the soy.  And I wonder why the Naked ones are so chalky?  It's annoying. 

I've been pretty emotional lately too.  It doesn't help that DS has been sick and DH has been working around the clock trying to maintain office presence here locally while supporting an implementation in Singapore virtually.  He's been stressed out and tired, and I'm tired, and DS is grumpy.  Thank goodness today is my last day of work for two weeks, we leave for vacation on Friday.  Caribbean cruise - here we come!  We sure do need it.

#27 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 AM

Tourist- Good to know about the garlic.  My dog generally turns his nose at it, but I'm going to move it out of reach just in case.  You never know!  My doggy has been very mellow since this whole fudge ordeal.  Now that I know he's going to be okay, is it okay to enjoy his lack of tearing around the house like a loon?  Sheepish.gif  He did get a little excited outside, but then he came in and slept in his dog cage.  It was pretty nice.

On a more on topic note, when are we in the third trimester?  Is it 26-27 weeks?  I'm so exhausted again and out of breath from doing things like carrying the laundry up the stairs.  Sometimes I feel like I'm going to suffocate in bed if I try to lay on my back (that isn't often though!), like my lungs are being smooshed.  I'm 24 weeks today (and feeling like 34 lol).

#28 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

On a more on topic note, when are we in the third trimester?  Is it 26-27 weeks?  I'm so exhausted again and out of breath from doing things like carrying the laundry up the stairs.  Sometimes I feel like I'm going to suffocate in bed if I try to lay on my back (that isn't often though!), like my lungs are being smooshed.  I'm 24 weeks today (and feeling like 34 lol).

Me too!!  I'm starting to swell (ankles) and am pretty uncomfortable.  I definitely feel further along than my 24 weeks.  As for the 3rd tri...I think it's yes, week 26-27, or rather 26.6 weeks. wink1.gif  It looks like anywhere between 26-28 weeks officially marks the start of the third trimester.

This baby is so quiet, it drives me nuts because I don't feel him move anywhere near as much as I felt my DS1.  A little bit of poking and I can get him going, but otherwise he's pretty mellow.  I hope that's a sign of his temperment...I sure could use a mild mannered kiddo, DS1 is quite demanding and active.

#29 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 07:05 PM

I did not know that cats couldn't eat garlic. Good to know! My cat can't be bothered with eating anything  but the finest kitty food. For someone who doesn't have a job he's pretty demanding about how we spend our money. Sigh.

Tourist- so super jealous about your cruise. You are going to have a blast! Hurray!

I was trying to convince my husband that we should go away between our birthdays (meaning, NOW) since 1. We haven't been anywhere together in years 2. I'll be 30 and want to go away and 3. it would be nice to go away just the two of us before we need a sitter for 2. He didn't want to go away because I was pregnant and he was nervous. So here we are, facing a spring snow and NOT in the Caribbean. Lame. Next time I'm booking it and he can just deal with it.

SuburbanHippie I HEAR YOU, I really think I'm so much more pregnant that I am. I feel so much pressure down low in my pelvis that I think the baby has dropped. When she does drop she's gonna fall right out, lol

Radicaleel, I heard the same thing about hypnobabies too. That's why I am so torn about buying it!

#30 of 37 Old 03-30-2011, 08:50 PM

Curlyfry- Alfalfa and Kelp have amazing ante-cancer properties as well as IP-6.

My little 20lb corgi had a nasty cancer tumor the size of a grapefruit on her liver and they gave her less than a month to live.  I was devastated.  I started giving her IP-6 tabs as well as some enzymes then found out about the alfalfa and kelp.

She lasted another 6 months.  I was so grateful for each "extra" day that I had her with me.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  It was hard for me and still is at times.

Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page