Third trimester!?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When do y'all count as the beginning of the third tri? I count it as 27 weeks, so I am only one week away now, and I guess lots of you have already passed that milestone!

I'm still feeling pretty good, walking almost every day, but I've definitely had a couple times now when I've pushed my body too far and had to deal with back pain or sore, swollen feet that hurt until the next day. I'm starting to get little glimpses into what lies ahead for the next 3 months--the giganto months! I'm somewhat dreading the uncomfortable, awkward, sweaty hot, reflux parts of it, but at the same time I'm SO freakin excited!!! I'm getting closer to meeting this sweet little baby!

Has anyone else started getting treated different in public now that you're looking really pregnant? I'm always a little bit amused when people treat me like I'm totally helpless and can't do anything for myself--like insisting on helping me carry things that are tiny and lightweight, jumping to open doors, etc. I'm not paralyzed or an invalid, just pregnant! But it's kind of nice too--guess I should enjoy it while it lasts. It's just silly when the cashier loads my groceries so each bag weighs a pound, kwim?
#2 of 25 Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 PM

That's what I tell them.  I'm pregnant...not an invalid.  I'm still working full time as a pet groomer and my clients are getting fussy over me handling their pets.  One owner was concerned about me lifting her 16lb cat.  I told her she has nothing to worry about...I'm still lifting the 50-70lb dogs. 

I trust my body and feel as if I know my limits.  My belly is still small enough that it's not "getting" in the way of lifting or causing me to use bad body mechanics.

I'll be 25w on Thursday and people are finally starting to figure out that I'm pregnant and not just oddly shaped and fluffy all of a sudden.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#3 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 AM

I count it as 27 weeks too. So this is my last week in the second trimester! Whoooooot! Can't wait to meet this little girl!

I'm definitely starting to get more uncomfortable in my body. Bending over leaves me out of breath so I guess I need to start squatting. My feet and ankles have started swelling by the afternoon and evening so I think I'm going to need to start wearing compression socks at work.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#4 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 AM

I thought it was 28 weeks, but I like the sound of 27 weeks!  It feels like I'm getting into my third trimester (I'm 26w2d) my feet and ankles are starting to swell and It's definitely starting to get harder to bend over.  I guess I have to remember that I have a giant belly to bend over now! 

This morning the little bugger was kicking so hard it was actually making me jump a little.  I guess he/she is running out of room in there.  Birth day is coming up so quickly now!

#5 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 02:33 PM

I have no depth perception with this belly.  I've knocked over my seedlings that I have on a banquet table under a grow light THREE times.  I'm surprised my tomato plants are still growing.  I'm 26 weeks today and measuring 27.5 weeks, which the doctor said was perfect.  Not quite sure why being larger is perfect, but whatever.  Maybe he meant because I've been measuring farther all along?  I know when I was 10 weeks I was measuring 12 weeks.  Not like I'm obsessing or anything.  I really couldn't care less.

I'm still not feeling those "happy" feelings yet.  I've been really down in the dumps lately.  I'm stressed because of school and the kids.  I haven't had time to buy one thing yet for this baby.  Most of the time I practically forget there will be a baby at the end of this pregnancy.  Maybe if I was to start shopping that would help.  I don't know.  Sorry for the rambling.  Hormones and 4 hours of sleep (thanks pregnancy-induced nightmares) will do that to a girl.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#6 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 02:35 PM

As a first-timer I am starting to feel like I want to press "pause" on pregnancy for a little while. I'm anxious to meet the babe of course, but right now I feel like I'm perfectly pregnant... obvious and getting lots of love from others, but not so uncomfortable that I'm having trouble with most activities. We don't have any mirrors in our house so when I pass my reflection in a car window or store window I'm soooo amazed at how awesomely pregnant I look :) I never thought I'd be so happy with my bod during pregnancy. But I can feel things getting harder, longer walks are harder, shortness of breath, involuntary grunting when I have to bend over :) But I gotta say, 3rd trimester here I come!!! I'm 28w1day today!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#7 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM

No, wait! I have too much to get done to be in the third trimester already!

It is definitely getting more difficult to do some things, like picking up my toddler. I'm not sure if she's had a growing spurt or if I'm getting wimpier, but dang is she heavy!
Quote:
Hormones and 4 hours of sleep (thanks pregnancy-induced nightmares) will do that to a girl.
I'm having the same problem. I had a dream last night that was so bad, I'm actually dreading going to sleep tonight, and I love my sleep!

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

#8 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 05:30 PM

I definitely want to press the pause button too.  I can believe that in just days I will be in the last trimester of this pregnancy.  It's crazy how fast time passes when there is something like this to gauge it against. 

I've just started to feel the pains of the final months though.  Swollen ankles on work days, the near complete inability to bend forward, nightly reflux, you know - all the good stuff. 

Funny, while we were on a plane a few days ago, DH asked if I could pull my knees up to my chest in the event of a plane crash.  I was like "Are you kidding me?"  I can only lean forward like 10 inches at this point. Crazy guy.  lol  At least he was thinking about my safety (or the safety of my legs) I suppose. 

I've done this before and can't believe that I'm going to get bigger than this!  Oh and 40 weeks divided into trimesters is 13.3 weeks, 26.6 weeks, and 39.9ish weeks.  So...I'm going with 27 weeks as my third trimester.  smile.gif

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#9 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 PM

I can't believe I'm in the 3rd tri already either (and I figure since it's somewhere between 26 2/3 and 28 weeks, and I'm 27w 1d, I'm there). I am also getting the "let me do that" stuff, esp. at work-I'm pregnant, not broken, thank you!! I've had to carry one of my dogs a short way a couple times, and everyone is gasping-ummm...my DS weighs the same, so it's not like I don't occasionally have to lift that amount anyhow. But I am eternally thankful my 27 month old is a peanut as she IS getting heavier when she wants me to carry her all the time.

SuburbanHippie-Right there with you. I have yet to really be excited about this baby like I was with the other 2. They were both very high needs and I just keep thinking-seriously?? I have to go through that AGAIN??? I'm afraid I won't bond with the baby, and keep hoping things will change once I see him/her. AND since this is going to be our last, I hate that I'm not revelling in the pregnancy like I'd like to.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#10 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyfry7 View Post

SuburbanHippie-Right there with you. I have yet to really be excited about this baby like I was with the other 2. They were both very high needs and I just keep thinking-seriously?? I have to go through that AGAIN??? I'm afraid I won't bond with the baby, and keep hoping things will change once I see him/her. AND since this is going to be our last, I hate that I'm not revelling in the pregnancy like I'd like to.

hug2.gif Thank you for posting! 

My fourth was a high needs baby and is really only starting to mellow out a little now (he'll be 4 in July).  I also hate that I'm not really enjoying my last pregnancy.  It makes me kind of feel like a bad mother.  I sobbed for hours two nights ago over it.  DH just doesn't understand. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#11 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Third tri certainly snuck up fast!!  And right on schedule, I'm totally wiped at the end of the day.  I remember this last time.  3rd tri on the dot and I started having days where I was over being pregnant---and I looove being pregnant!

I'm super grateful that DS is old enough to climb into his carseat on his own.  I need to buckle him, but he can unbuckle and hop out of the car.  BIG help!  And he's decent at walking near me at the grocery store, so I don't have to haul him up into the cart.  That was a hard-won privilege for him, so he fully appreciates the big-boy honor there.  (I know some people have perfect two year olds that walk at the store...DS was NOT THAT CHILD.  It was just too much stimulation and he'd be all over the place.  So he was nearly four before I tried to let him walk with any success.)

Baby's definitely running out of room in there.  Last week she was doing yoga.  This week, it's more like whack-a-mole with my organs.  And I swear she did a summersault yesterday.  Time is flying though!   I'm starting to get excited for the big day!  I'm enjoying the pregnancy, but I'm also looking forward to it being done. 

#12 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 04:10 PM

With the exception of the horrible pubic pain every day and hardly being able to walk, I can't belive it's the 3rd tri.  I'm 27 weeks today... I am with the PPs who said they wanted to hit pause...  all of a sudden  I am like, wait, wtf am I doing? My son is so laid back and easy, I'm nervous about the little one in my belly

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#13 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Ladies I am soooo there about not enjoying this pregnancy, it being my last, and it stressing me out. I am so glad I am not alone. I feel guilty for hating being pregnant. Esp because I know from experience I will miss it in about 2 years. I try to enjoy the kicks and roundness of my belly because this is it for me but really I just want to be able to fit into regular clohtes, walk up stairs without dying and have a damn glass of wine after a hard day! At the same time, I don't want this baby to come because I know how fast they grow up. Talk about a mess~

SuburbanHippie likes this.

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#14 of 25 Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizyellow View Post I just want to be able to fit into regular clohtes, walk up stairs without dying and have a damn glass of wine after a hard day!

yeahthat.gif  I literally make a list during the day of things I need to do downstairs so I don't have to go up/down the stairs so many times.  Two times is my limit.  LOL.  Any more and it will kill my pelvis. 

And I could totally go for a margarita.  thumb.gif

#15 of 25 Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Yes, I consider 27 weeks as 3rd trimester... which I reached today!  I can't believe how fast it's going!  I *love* being pregnant!

I am, however, starting to get a glimpse into what the next 3 months will be like.  I can't bend over or get off the couch gracefully.  I'm starting to swell in my fingers and ankles/feet.  I've also lost quite a bit of energy lately.  I'm still walking everyday and doing prenatal yoga once a week.  I highly recommend yoga~  it really helps me with EVERYTHING... physical and mental! 

Yep, people are definately treating me differently now!  Some good, some bad.  Like the other day, this lady in the bathroom says, "OMG!  You must be due any day now!  You poor thing!".... I'm like, "uh, no... I still have 3 more months!".  Ha!  Either she's stupid or I'm huge.

I'm going through this stage like people owe me something!  I hate it!  I don't know why I'm feeling like this, but I keep thinking, "why won't this guy let me in front of him? Can't he tell I'm pregnant?!"  I'm really trying to work on that  ;) 

#16 of 25 Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

yeahthat.gif  I literally make a list during the day of things I need to do downstairs so I don't have to go up/down the stairs so many times.  Two times is my limit.  LOL.  Any more and it will kill my pelvis. 

And I could totally go for a margarita.  thumb.gif

A margarita.....oh dare to dream. At least it will still be margarita "season" when our babies are born, LOL.. And maybe drinking one will help the baby sleep. innocent.gif So good to hear I'm not alone....I almost started a thread about feeling NOT thrilled. Except my computer is taking forEVER to even write what I'm typing. I love being pregnant in general, have easy pregnancies, easy labors....and then the trouble starts. Neither of mine have really mellowed out, although at least the 2 y/o will allow me to put her down now. And it would be nice if people would stop telling me that now I need to have a 4th, so the numbers are even. No, I am DONE. I'm too old for this. DONE.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#17 of 25 Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 AM

I'm going through this stage like people owe me something!  I hate it!  I don't know why I'm feeling like this, but I keep thinking, "why won't this guy let me in front of him? Can't he tell I'm pregnant?!"  I'm really trying to work on that  ;) 

Mamasmith: Totally! I do this way too much. A few weeks ago, right before my 3rd trimester, I traveled. My flight was a nightmare, eventually cancelled til the next day and had to spend 4 hours in line re-booking. Traveling alone, hot airport terminal, blah blah, but I was convinced humanity sucked because, as the last person in line (had to use the bathroom twice before getting back to ticketing) I thought: Don't ALL these people realize I'm pregnant and alone? Where's my pass to the front of the line??? I just practiced "letting go" and eventually survived :) But I am trying to keep myself in check about entitlement Sheepish.gif

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#18 of 25 Old 04-16-2011, 03:17 PM

Guess I passed the start of the 3rd tri a few week ago now.  I'll be 29 weeks on Monday.  Definitely feeling more pregnant these days and out of breath more often.  Need a pillow behind my back when I sit on the couch now.  And suddenly not sleeping quite as well.  

I'm also still not real excited about this baby either.  I do think buying and making things for the new baby helps to get excited, only problem is we have everything we could possibly need for a baby.  We did buy a new carseat.  And I'd like to make or buy a new outfit and blanket for this baby, but haven't done that yet.  If I had a few spare moments I would do some sewing for the new baby, but goodness, there's no spare moments when you have 4 kids and are homeschooling.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#19 of 25 Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 AM

I will be 29 weeks this Thursday.  I too wish I could hit a pause button sometimes.  My son just turned 3 and I am relishing these last few months of him being an only child.

Sometimes I think that July 7th (my due date) will be here before I know it and other times I cannot imagine getting bigger everyday from now until then and still functioning (and being able to sleep!)- in other words 12 weeks left seems like too much time to get bigger!

I am trying to slow down more and look forward to working from home around the 35 week mark.  Also, trying to take better care of myself and do more yoga, stretching, eating, drinking...and not beating myself up for the things I am not doing yet like perenial massages (prob. spelled that wrong), or enough yoga.

I feel bad that I don't think of the baby more than I do but when I do think of her they are happy thoughts.  I try every day to talk about her with my 3 year old and to hint at what some of her needs will be and how much she already loves and looks up to him.  We talk about his birth and what her birth might be like and that she is going to need to nurse a lot when she is born and that I have enough love in my heart to love her and him as much as I do.  He is getting some of it and now thinks he has a baby sister growing in his belly and that his "nursies" are going to feed her milk when she is born.  So sweet! 

I still have so much to do to be ready and create more space for the baby (and find all my baby things) but at the same time I know that if it doesn't get done by the time she is here that will be ok too (so different from how I thought with baby #1- everything needed to be perfect for his arrival!). 

#20 of 25 Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post

I still have so much to do to be ready and create more space for the baby (and find all my baby things) but at the same time I know that if it doesn't get done by the time she is here that will be ok too (so different from how I thought with baby #1- everything needed to be perfect for his arrival!).

I know exactly what you mean! So much less stress this time around, in that respect!
#21 of 25 Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM

hehe this is what I said to myself the other day!    I started to panic at this point last time too...   I really need to deep clean this house, get baby stuff out, get the rest of stuff I need for baby (carseat, swing, diapers), we need to get the baseboards up in the living room (leftover project from getting hardwood put in almost 2 years ago), get garden up an running... oh man...

Anyway, I've been feeling much more pregnant lately too, it is just so hard to bend over, get up and down... eh.  I am really looking forward to my yoga class tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRose View Post

No, wait! I have too much to get done to be in the third trimester already!

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
#22 of 25 Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean! So much less stress this time around, in that respect!

I feel that way too.. I am not under any "OMG I need to get ready for the baby" stress at all like I did last time. I'm not worried... I got boobs, gonna pick up some diapers... got a little car seat..., I'm good :)

Though I dont know if it's my mindset that's changed or if I'm in denial that  July is 12 weeks away...

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#23 of 25 Old 04-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Wow, mamas - I have just joined this community and I love how positive everyone is here! I have been active on babyfit.com until now, and while there are lots and lots of lovely mamas over there, not as many positive ones as here! 

I can't believe it's almost the 3rd tri! This is my first babe and I am feeling really good so far - I am loving pregnancy, and am actually a little anxious about the pregnancy part ending and the parenting part starting! I'm pretty comfortable, getting used to the 'modifications' of daily life, and not sure I'm ready to be mommy! I mean, of course I'm excited beyond belief...but pregnancy vs. mommyhood... I've already got the hang of the preggo thing! 

Anyway, nice to 'meet' all of you and wishing us all happy and healthy 3rd trimesters!! Woo! 

#24 of 25 Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Sometimes I think that July 7th (my due date) will be here before I know it and other times I cannot imagine getting bigger everyday from now until then and still functioning (and being able to sleep!)- in other words 12 weeks left seems like too much time to get bigger!

I hear this!  My belly really popped out in the last week or so and I look pregnant now. I can't believe I still have 12 + weeks to go!  How much bigger will my belly get?

I've felt good throughout my pregnancy, walking and doing pilates and yoga, I hope it continues. We have ALOT to do to get our home ready for baby.

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

#25 of 25 Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasmith View Post

That's totally me!  I feel like such a bad feminist!  I especially feel like that when I'm driving even though no one can tell I'm pregnant when I'm behind the wheel.  I think maybe because It's my first I expect all this extra attention or something?  I guess I have to get over that!

I haven't done anything to prepare!  I'm starting to freak out a little bit.  We're moving into a new house in 3 weeks so I've put off making any purchases until we're moved in.  But I think I'm going through major nesting mode and don't have anywhere to direct the energy!  I keep trying to remind myself that my mom had me in a drawer for the first few months and I turned out fine...I think...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page