The deepest belly button in the world? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 04-16-2011, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, my belly button must have been 14 inches deep because my tum is huge and i STILL have an innie!  Am I the only one whose belly button hasn't popped?!  For some reason, I'm really looking forward to the classic pop of my button that indicates "yes.  yes you are super pregnant".  :-)

#2 of 19 Old 04-16-2011, 08:05 PM

Mine is still an innie too at 28 weeks. It hasn't ever popped out, but usually gets flat so it's like I don't have a belly button when I get really close to the end :) It's shallower than it's been at this stage before, but I'm also bigger than I've been either time before!

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#3 of 19 Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 PM

Mine is really shallow, but it shows no sign of popping soon. It was super deep to begin with, and I am slightly ashamed to say this is the first time in my life it has been consistently lint-free. :)

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#4 of 19 Old 04-16-2011, 08:51 PM

Mine has never popped, in 4 previous pregnancies.  I sometimes wonder if it's because I have a appendectomy scar, about 1 in. across when not pregnant, directly above my belly button.  It seems to stretch it weird.  It goes pretty much flat by the end, but I've never had the classic "pop- all baked" belly button.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#5 of 19 Old 04-16-2011, 10:18 PM

6th baby- never popped once and I'm at  28 weeks and it's not popped either. it won't for  me- this is how I carry.

#6 of 19 Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Mine hasn't popped but I assumed that it was due to chub :) I'm kinda glad it hasn't either cause it kind of creeps me out... I'm afraid that it hurts blush.gif

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#7 of 19 Old 04-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Mine has never popped. It doesn't even get flat. I am on baby #3. I have a very deep innie!

#8 of 19 Old 04-17-2011, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

It's good to know I'm not alone!

#9 of 19 Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 AM

The *top* half of my belly button has "popped," the bottom half is still an innie. LOL. Pretty funny. :-p 

And LovelyLisa, it is a bit sore if I push on it! LOL. 

I think it's weird that I can see it through my clothes... even if I'm wearing several layers. That kinda freaks me out. So be lucky, Ladies, that you don't have that goin on! ;-)

#10 of 19 Old 04-18-2011, 10:45 AM

Lurking in

Mine never popped. I feel like I must have the Grand Canyon of belly buttons.

#11 of 19 Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasunshine View Post

The *top* half of my belly button has "popped," the bottom half is still an innie. LOL. Pretty funny. :-p 

And LovelyLisa, it is a bit sore if I push on it! LOL. 

I think it's weird that I can see it through my clothes... even if I'm wearing several layers. That kinda freaks me out. So be lucky, Ladies, that you don't have that goin on! ;-)

Yeah, I guess I never thought about the weirdness of it!!!  And showing through clothes is something I never thought about either.  Have fun with your new button!

#12 of 19 Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure mine attaches to my spine :) It has never, and will never pop out. It just doesn't work like that for me! I do have some chub, so that helps keep it in.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#13 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 PM

Mine is still an innie at almost 26 weeks...which I guess is not too unusual, I really hope it doesn't pop out though, outties freak me out in general

#14 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 PM

DDDC but I saw this on the main page and I had to check it out...I have a deep innie too and it's never popped, and it's not going to this time, either (currently 38 weeks).  I think I can feel the 'end' of my belly button now, though, which I certainly can't when not preggo.  It stays an innie all through pregnancy but gets a weird stretched look, like it's almost oval instead of round :P

Fun thread!  I'm glad to know I'm not alone with the super deep innie!

#15 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 09:29 PM

My belly button hasn't popped yet although it seems to be getting closer to flat.  Same thing happened with my last pregnancy as well.  Some mommies don't ever have outies. :)

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

#16 of 19 Old 04-24-2011, 08:03 AM

Mine hasn't popped yet either...thinking it probably won't as it still pretty much looks like it always has. I kinda hoped mine would, too! 

#17 of 19 Old 04-24-2011, 07:11 PM

I'm so glad this thread exists, I thought I was the only one!  I can tell it's a little more shallow than it was but I ask DH all the time and he can't tell the difference.  And my belly is BIG!  Maybe we should start an exclusive club of innies winky.gif

#18 of 19 Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM

Mine doesn't pop. It's nearly flat, I'm 28 weeks, but it never popped with my first child, and I don't expect it to now. wink1.gif

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#19 of 19 Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 AM

I thought it was just me! I didn't know that there are women whose belly buttons don't pop! I'm at 30 weeks and still an innie, not even flat yet. Keep asking my hubby to check and it's definitely shallower than it was, but no sign of popping. I guess I'll just assume that it won't, and then if it does, I'll have a pleasant surprise! wink1.gif

38 yo h20homebirth.gif,familybed1.giffemalesling2.GIFbftoddler.gifCDing, ECing, WAPF-eating, goorganic.jpg mom to Leo novaxnocirc.gif(July '11) and angel1.gif (Feb '13) and angel1.gif (Apr '13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page