For those doing hypnobabies... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

how's it going?  I'm on week 4 of my homestudy course and am loving it so far.  I've never slept so well in pregnancy and am feeling much calmer about everything.  The only thing I really struggle with is trying to remember to get all the finger drop's in during the day:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM

Me too! I am so not consistent with finger drops. I figure it's okay though because I started so early I'll have lots of time to practice. I'm about to start class 3. I am really loving it!

Whenever I hear other women complaining about pregnancy or having emotional problems, sleep problems, anything, now I'm always stifling the urge to say, "you should do Hypnobabies!" because that would be kind of rude unsolicited. But yeah, it's so great I think everyone should do it!
#3 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 PM

I just found my disks/books from when I was pregnant with DS...can't wait to start! 

Married to Mike blowkiss.gif(5/29/05) and mama to Emmie energy.gif (6/11/06), Chase superhero.gif(3/21/08) and our baby Parker lost at 16 weeks angel2.gif (2/22/10) , Sawyer joy.gif our rainbow1284.gif (7/11/11) and a girl baby.gif on the way in April! 
#4 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 04:44 PM

I'm on my second lesson.  I'm enjoying it although I have a hard time staying awake when I listen to the cds. ;)

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

#5 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 04:59 PM

I'm still stuck in week one but have been loving it so far.  I too sleep so well.  If I'm having trouble I just pop in the sleep mp3 and I'm out like a light.

I'm having trouble finding 30+ min of "quiet" time when DH is home.  He keeps interrupting me even though I told him I need to be left alone without disturbances just for 30 min.

He's trying....he's a little confused about his role in this whole thing but we are working on it.  Can't wait to get further along in the program.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#6 of 27 Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 AM

A friend of mine gave me the audio but not the yet so Iisten to them at night. I kind of have an idea on how they work from doing Hynobirthing... I think I must be super good at it because I never hear more than 5 minutes before I fall asleep :D My husband keeps joking that I will sleep all the way through labor and wake up with a  little girl :)

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#7 of 27 Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 AM

I just bought the whole kit on ebay for a steal so I'm super excited!!!

#8 of 27 Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBlesing View Post

I'm still stuck in week one but have been loving it so far.  I too sleep so well.  If I'm having trouble I just pop in the sleep mp3 and I'm out like a light.

I'm having trouble finding 30+ min of "quiet" time when DH is home.  He keeps interrupting me even though I told him I need to be left alone without disturbances just for 30 min.

He's trying....he's a little confused about his role in this whole thing but we are working on it.  Can't wait to get further along in the program.

I listen to my cd's before bed, and sometimes in the afternoon when DD is napping I'll have DS lay down and watch a movie, and I'll lay down and listen with my headphones then.

DH's role comes in later- there's a script he's supposed to read every other night. We haven't started that yet but I hope to this week. I've made it through all 5 weeks now (I think I started like at 23 weeks or something) so I'm mostly just practicing now for the rest of the time.

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#9 of 27 Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Kahdib View Post

I just found my disks/books from when I was pregnant with DS...can't wait to start! 

Can I ask how your birth with your ds went?

#10 of 27 Old 04-26-2011, 08:38 AM

I just got mine last week and I haven't started yet.  Going to make it a priority to load them on an ipod today.  I guess I just read in the workbook and it will tell me what to listen to on the CDs?  I hope I have enough time to do the whole thing.  I'm 30 weeks today and feel like time is running out on a lot of things. 

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
#11 of 27 Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 AM

I wanted to revive this hypnobabies thread to see how everyone's doing and to ask a question: If you did hypnobabies for a prior birth, how exactly did you use it? Or if this is your first hypnobabies birth, how are you planning to use it? Did you listen to the tracks during labor? Did you just do the finger-drop/anesthesia techniques on your own? Did you really stay in hypnosis even during very active labor? Very curious about how this will work on the big day!

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#12 of 27 Old 05-06-2011, 11:06 AM

I did a hypnobirthing course last time around and I threw that all out the window once labor began! I just didn't feel like listening to anything. This time around I have used an Aussie version since around 16 weeks of pregnancy twice daily every day and I love it. It's so relaxing and I can put myself into that state when I take a bath (I'm a waterbirther) without listening to it so I think it's going to work and I plan on listening to it during early and perhaps active labor.

#13 of 27 Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 AM

I did hypno birthing the first time around and lost my focus during transition, however once I was able to release my fear I had an amazing blissful birth. My hubby took some pictures of me in the tub and I look like i'm just having a bath, not birthing a baby. I enjoy the hypno babies scripts more so I'm going that route this time.
#14 of 27 Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 PM

How's it going ladies? I seem to have problems with the whole "off switch" thing. As soon as I turn my switch to off, my leg itches or my hip goes numb and I have to roll over.

I do love it though! I listen to it at night before bed and sometimes first thing in the morning just to not be stressed out before I get up.

#15 of 27 Old 05-17-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

How's it going ladies? I seem to have problems with the whole "off switch" thing. As soon as I turn my switch to off, my leg itches or my hip goes numb and I have to roll over.

I do love it though! I listen to it at night before bed and sometimes first thing in the morning just to not be stressed out before I get up.

Have you joined the Yahoo group? There is an FAQ page somewhere that talks about the itching thing- it's actually a good thing from what they say!

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#16 of 27 Old 05-21-2011, 06:36 PM

I just got the course and started listening to it the other night...i'm enjoying it so far. I'm also interested in hearing from other ladies who have used it in previous births and hearing about their experience...anyone?

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#17 of 27 Old 05-21-2011, 07:01 PM

I just got the course yesterday and starting listening to it today.  I like it so far and wish I got it earlier!  This is my second birth (I have a 3 year old) and although my last labor and birth was an intervention free waterbirth I am hoping to have an even better and more powerful birth this time.

I am 33 weeks + 2 days...what position do you recommend listening to the tracks in?  I was very relaxed until about 25 minutes in when I started to get uncomfortable (I was sitting up supported so leaning back just a bit).

Thanks for the positioning tip!

--Katie

#18 of 27 Old 05-21-2011, 11:04 PM

I tried to join the yahoo group but never got a response back.  I really need to get on this.....I'm a little behind.  I've had it for several weeks but due to some scheduling issues and my own procrastination, I think I need to start over.

Ack.....I'm 30 weeks.....tick tock tick tock

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#19 of 27 Old 05-22-2011, 11:26 AM

I seriously have ADD & know that Hypnobabies would be good for me, but I'm afraid of spending $145 to discover that I can't do it.  Anyone else have a wandering mind but found that this worked for them?

I think any of us July Mamas have plenty of time to do Hypnobabies unless someone pops early.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#20 of 27 Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 AM

Do you mean you actually have ADHD, or that you typically find meditation/visualization difficult? I have ADHD and still found it helpful, as did my sister who has ADHD. Sometimes my mind wanders, but just like in meditation of any kind, you just let the thoughts go as soon as you realize it's happening. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

I seriously have ADD & know that Hypnobabies would be good for me, but I'm afraid of spending $145 to discover that I can't do it.  Anyone else have a wandering mind but found that this worked for them?

I think any of us July Mamas have plenty of time to do Hypnobabies unless someone pops early.

#21 of 27 Old 05-24-2011, 06:37 AM

I actually have ADD & sometimes find it very difficult to concentrate.  Thanks!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#22 of 27 Old 05-24-2011, 06:14 PM

I think you may still find it helpful. It's not quite the same as having to concentrate on a task, at least for me. It's more like learning to put yourself in a different state of mind. I'd give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

I actually have ADD & sometimes find it very difficult to concentrate.  Thanks!

#23 of 27 Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 AM

I am very much enjoying doing the hypnosis scripts, however, no matter what time of day I do them, I fall asleep. It seems that they say that my subconscious mind is still gathering what it needs from the script, but if I can't even make it through the script once to hear all the instructions, is this still true?? Anyone have an opinion or thought here?

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#24 of 27 Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 AM

I choose to believe what they say about your subconscious mind getting all the info anyways, because I've never managed to stay awake through one either!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#25 of 27 Old 05-30-2011, 12:29 PM

I keep falling asleep too.  And am choosing to believe it is working as well even though I am asleep!

#26 of 27 Old 05-30-2011, 01:04 PM

DDDC from June- I used hypnobabies in my last pregnancy, and this one.

It definitely still works if you "sleep" through it; however some of the tracks give you cue words for relaxation, and you can't use the cue words on your own when you're in labor if you don't know what they are!  So it's worth it to try and listen to each of the tracks at least once while staying somewhat conscious.  orngbiggrin.gif

#27 of 27 Old 06-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Bumping....

Anyone struggling with the daily "requirements" to practice.  I find that I am.  I know it doesn't take a whole lot of time but I'm just not getting the practice in.  The deepening sessions are great but I feel like I may not be getting the whole "center" deal.

I know the tracks say it doesn't matter how you feel but I just can't help it.

How's everyone else doing? I know there are a few June mommas using hypnobabies and I've been stalking their DDC birth stories to try and get a glimpse of one....I think they are both late June babies though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page