Anyone Suddenly Feeling Very LARGE and UNWIELDLY? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 04-22-2011, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It was like magic. THird trimester, and all of a sudden, I can't balance, I can't get comfortable upright or lying down, or sitting. THe weight of the baby feels like it is pulling me forward, and my lungs and intestines are scrunched! irked.gif

Anyone else?? I'm hoping it plateaus out and I feel better, cuz I've got 2.5 more months! Arg! This is primarily a commiserating thread, sorry if people don't want to hear complaining...

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 61 Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 PM

I prefer the term "great with child." And, YES.

Although I'm trying not to think about it too much because this is just the beginning. I am thankful that I still have a little room left in my stomach for food, and I'm able to sleep okay at night. But lifting my squirmy toddler is starting to be really hard on my back.

On the upside I'm getting really big strong baby kicks now, and it makes me smile to know that little one is just growing and growing!
#3 of 61 Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 PM

Oh my gosh, the last week or two I have started feeling so huge! I get winded walking up stairs and turning over in bed is becoming an athletic feat. And the heartburn, my god the heartburn...

Wifey buddamomimg1.png to DH jammin.gif, Mama chicken3.gif to DS 8, DS 6, DD 1

homeschool.gif   lactivist.gif    h20homebirth.gif    goorganic.jpg

#4 of 61 Old 04-23-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturallove View Post

Oh my gosh, the last week or two I have started feeling so huge! I get winded walking up stairs and turning over in bed is becoming an athletic feat. And the heartburn, my god the heartburn...

yeahthat.gif

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#5 of 61 Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:

turning over in bed is becoming an athletic feat

Yes, yes.

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#6 of 61 Old 04-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Yes ma'am I am ;) I feel so super ROUND like a giant smiley face. 

I think the worst part is I can hardly walk or turn around in bed or put on pants without searing pain. Sigh.  

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#7 of 61 Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

I think the worst part is I can hardly walk or turn around in bed or put on pants without searing pain. Sigh.  

Same here.  It took me 6 tries two nights ago just to roll over in bed.  Combine that with the pregnancy carpal tunnel in my hands/arms forcing me to roll over often and I'm barely sleeping at night already.  Blah.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#8 of 61 Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I too am in shock!  It changed so fast.  All of a sudden my hips/pelvic/butt area started aching, I get weird broad ligament pains if I twist suddenly, rolling over in bed is a huge production... And yesterday I almost knocked a rack of books over at Barnes & Noble because I lost track of how far my belly extends.  I feel huge.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#9 of 61 Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8681 View Post

And yesterday I almost knocked a rack of books over at Barnes & Noble because I lost track of how far my belly extends.  I feel huge.

Oh yeah, I have done this, too - I have whacked my belly on door frames as I turn to go through them, not knowing how big I am, and have also parked my car too close to the next car to be able to get out!! 

#10 of 61 Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Yes, yes, yes!  I got stuck between my grocery cart and the freezer door at the store the other day cuz I din't realize how big I was.  I takes me about 10 minutes to get out of my car and bed, UGH!  I'm gonna need a forklift soon! 

Katie8681- I'm totally having pelvic pain too!  Where is this coming from!!!

I feel so out of shape, I was bending over to tie my shoes and swear I saw stars when I stood up!  dizzy.gif

#11 of 61 Old 04-25-2011, 04:52 AM

I knocked one of my tomato seedlings off the table with my big belly.  Luckily, it had a decent root system already so it wasn't wiped out. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#12 of 61 Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglesmom View Post

I feel so out of shape, I was bending over to tie my shoes and swear I saw stars when I stood up!  dizzy.gif

I've been seeing stars, too, like if I get up too fast or something. I've never seen so many stars .... :)

And shortness of breath is creeping up. I get winded talking, ok, probably because I talk a lot, but still. I get winded reading a few pages from a pregnancy book aloud to the hubs.

Good times.

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#13 of 61 Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 AM

Yes, you are not alone Mama!  Keep reminding yourself that it will not be this way forever (and being uncomfortable at the end is one of the things that gets us ready to go into labor and have another child!)- this is what I am trying to do anyway.

#14 of 61 Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

So glad I'm not alone! Everything happened at once this week: came down with a flu, found out my iron was low, so I was exhausted, I had severe leg cramps, and I think the baby was growing big time. I saw several people today that I saw late last week and they all said "whoa, you look bigger today". Yeah. Like I didn't notice! I think we'll all adjust soon to the new dimensions, at least I hope so :)

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

#15 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 AM

Same here.  I can't believe that I have more time left to grow this baby, I feel enormus already.  And so tired!  I haven't slept for the past two nights.  Today I'm sitting on an exercise ball at work because the chairs here kill my tailbone.  Weeee fun! 

Well, at least on the bright side, my DS was finally able to feel the baby kicking last night.  He got a huge smile on his face and then quickly pulled his hand away to inspect it.  Not sure what he thought he might see, but it was very cute.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#16 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

Well, at least on the bright side, my DS was finally able to feel the baby kicking last night.  He got a huge smile on his face and then quickly pulled his hand away to inspect it.  Not sure what he thought he might see, but it was very cute.

That's adorable!  I don't have any children yet but my dog had her chin on my belly and got kicked in the face by the babe.  She looked so shocked!  It was pretty funny. 

#17 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Oh mugglesmom, that's hilarious.  My cat got kicked off my belly too!  He was so irritated!

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#18 of 61 Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:

Oh my gosh, the last week or two I have started feeling so huge! I get winded walking up stairs and turning over in bed is becoming an athletic feat.

yeahthat.gif

I feel smaller though than I feel like I look in the mirror and what other people say. I love the occasional "you're tiny for 26 weeks" but mostly I get "OH you're getting so big". ugh. I know I'm not that big but I've gained 23lbs so far and feel worn out at the end of the day. I get winded walking up the stairs and yea, the rolling over is a chore. I have a lot more normal pregnancy things with this one. My back hurts more and I get braxton hicks. With DS I worked my normal 12 hour shift on Wed and had him Thursday afternoon. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go that far this time.

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#19 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 12:12 AM

I feel huge as well. And sooo lethargic and tired. Being 37 and pg with number four does not help! And I know it is downhill from now on (with respect to the enjoyment of pregnancy!).

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#20 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahen2coop View Post

yeahthat.gif
With DS I worked my normal 12 hour shift on Wed and had him Thursday afternoon. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go that far this time.

Ditto that, although I was only working 8 hour days.  This time I'm working 10 hour days, starting my shifts at 5 a.m. (ok...really 5:30 a.m. but don't tell anyone).  I have no idea how I'm going to keep this up until the baby is born.  I've gained 28 pounds and walking up the stairs at work is becoming increasingly difficult, especially while lugging my laptop, lunch bag, purse, and water for the day.  I refuse to resort to taking the elevator, but the stairs are really tough first thing in the morning.  I don't remember feeling this tired with my first.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#21 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 08:53 AM

Last night I asked my DH if he wanted me to help him move a very heavy potted plant, and he said, "No, you shouldn't be lifting that much." And I said "But I just helped you move it a couple months ago." And his reply: "Yeah, but you weren't gigantic then."

I said "Gigantic? GIGANTIC!?" at which point he realized he had said the wrong thing and quickly back-pedaled--"I didn't mean *you* are gigantic, just that you're in the third trimester now and you're all swollen with baby and you don't want to hurt your back."

Of course he was just being protective and he's right, but oh the hormones. lol.gif
#22 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 12:02 PM

I am huge too.  My husband parked the car a little too close to the pillar in the carport so yesterday when I tried to get into the driver's seat, the door wouldn't open enough to let my tummy through.  I ended up crawling in on all fours, somehow ended up facing backwards, and then got wedged in with my huge rear-end planted on the horn.  The car horn was blaring for about 10 seconds before I managed to get off.  I'm so glad the neighbors weren't around.  And DH would never have let me live it down if he witnessed it eyesroll.gif

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
#23 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayakas View Post

I am huge too.  My husband parked the car a little too close to the pillar in the carport so yesterday when I tried to get into the driver's seat, the door wouldn't open enough to let my tummy through.  I ended up crawling in on all fours, somehow ended up facing backwards, and then got wedged in with my huge rear-end planted on the horn.  The car horn was blaring for about 10 seconds before I managed to get off.  I'm so glad the neighbors weren't around.  And DH would never have let me live it down if he witnessed it eyesroll.gif

I'm sorry that happened but that's really funny. I'm glad your husband didn't catch it :)

#24 of 61 Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 PM

I feel huge as well. I feel like I am just hobbling around and can't believe still 11 weeks until my due date. Sometimes it takes me several tries to get out of bed in the morning.

Regarding the heartburn, my midwife gave me an excellent tip: papaya enzyme tablets. Tastes funny but works! Works better than Tums or Pepcid.

#25 of 61 Old 04-28-2011, 04:25 PM

I'm feeling absolutely huge and of course, it's compounded by sudden swelling in my ankles and feet. I've only gained 15 pounds but it's amazing how big my butt feels irked.gif

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

#26 of 61 Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 PM

I am huge too.  I do have a hard time turning over in bed, get winded easily, feel like I'm waddling, etc.  It's weird though because I'm in a prenatal yoga class and I can do those poses like nobody's business!  But as soon as I'm back in the real world, I turn into this clumsy, awkward chick!

I was actually in my swimsuit at a park the other day and a Spanish speaking woman walked by and looked directly at me and said the word "largo"... I was convinced it meant "fatso".  I hurried home and googled it to find out it meant long.  I felt way better! 

#27 of 61 Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM

LOL @ largo.  She must have been talking about something else.  Gorda means fat in Spanish so just keep an ear out for that one.  winky.gif

#28 of 61 Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasmith View Post

I am huge too.  I do have a hard time turning over in bed, get winded easily, feel like I'm waddling, etc.  It's weird though because I'm in a prenatal yoga class and I can do those poses like nobody's business!  But as soon as I'm back in the real world, I turn into this clumsy, awkward chick!

I was actually in my swimsuit at a park the other day and a Spanish speaking woman walked by and looked directly at me and said the word "largo"... I was convinced it meant "fatso".  I hurried home and googled it to find out it meant long.  I felt way better! 

She must have meant your hair!

#29 of 61 Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 AM

i started feeling large and very very tired at 27 weeks, last week. two days after work i just layed in bed and dh took care of everything, except cooked, he does not like it! i managed to do that, as long as he can cut up things for me.  i have CTS in both hands. i have to turn from side to side all night. i have pins and needles shooting down my right but cheek and leg when i lay on my back!! DH helps me up off the floor all the time. my baby measured 31 weeks at my 27 week apt!!

#30 of 61 Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 AM

I'm so happy that this thread was started. lol.gif I suppose misery loves company. I felt like I was feeling abnormally LARGE and getting a bit blue about it.

For every comment i get about how I'm "so tiny, all belly" i get about 10 comments which range from "oh, you must be due anyday" to "are you SURE there's only one baby?". shake.gif I try not to let it bother me but being a walking target for uninvited attention is getting old, especially when this LO was not a planned venture.

I've lucked out on heartburn so far but tossing/turning in bed is a big ordeal. The heat-wave that began yesterday prompted me to shave my legs, which was another major undertaking. My biggest peeve is the pressure I feel on my nether-regions and pain in my thighs. I love my yoga dearly but when I squat I feel like my insides are about ready to bulge through my vagina. blush.gif

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page