too late to order Hypnobabies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-18-2011, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been on the fence the whole pregnancy about whether or not to get the program. This is baby number 4 and my last labour was only 2.5 hours...any thoughts on if I should bother ordering it? I'd say my biggest concerns are about the birth going very fast. With my last babe I only had 2 or 3 pushing contractions and as with all my babies I had a tear. I'd LOVE to be able to slow things down at the end there just a little bit and let the tissues stretch to minimize tearing. Would HB help do you think?

If I order the program, I won't get it delivered for about 2 weeks (I'm overseas) and by then I'll be 33weeks. Is that too late to start?

Thanks for the input!

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 PM

I don't think that's too late as long as you start right away when you get it, and you go at least to 38-39 weeks. It is 5 weeks to complete the whole thing and after that you just do a "maintenance" program till you have the baby. I'd say at least 2 weeks of "maintenance" would be ideal to reinforce things in your mind, but really I think it'd be good for you even if you just barely finished the 5 weeks of classes and then had the baby. You could also do it on an accelerated schedule if you're worried about going early--like spend 5 days instead of 7 doing each week's class, then move onto maintenance and not have to worry about finishing it.

As for slowing things down during your birthing time, I'm not so sure about that, but what it *can* do is make you more relaxed, which in theory would help you consciously slow down your pushing. HB is great for making you feel positive and helping you deal with all sorts of pregnancy discomforts and fears anyway, so IMO it certainly can't hurt!
#3 of 6 Old 05-18-2011, 02:18 PM

WHich one are you ordering?  I am in the same boat...I am 33 weeks tomorrow and could get it delivered quickly through amazon but am wondering if it is worth the money.

If I do it, do I need the full set with workbooks http://www.amazon.com/Hypnobabies-Study-Course-Expectant-Mothers/dp/B001I8E5TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305749779&sr=8-1or is something like this good (and less money) http://www.amazon.com/Hypnobabies-Hypno-Doula-Workbook-Plus-CDs/dp/B001IDR7NG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305749720&sr=8-3 ?

This is my second baby and with my first I had an 8.5 hour labor start to finish with no interventions (but I did tear).  

Thanks for your input!

#4 of 6 Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post

WHich one are you ordering? I am in the same boat...I am 33 weeks tomorrow and could get it delivered quickly through amazon but am wondering if it is worth the money.

If I do it, do I need the full set with workbooks http://www.amazon.com/Hypnobabies-Study-Course-Expectant-Mothers/dp/B001I8E5TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305749779&sr=8-1or is something like this good (and less money) http://www.amazon.com/Hypnobabies-Hypno-Doula-Workbook-Plus-CDs/dp/B001IDR7NG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305749720&sr=8-3 ?

This is my second baby and with my first I had an 8.5 hour labor start to finish with no interventions (but I did tear).

Thanks for your input!

The second one is just for doulas who want to work with hypno-moms, not for expectant moms, so you would need the first one, the more expensive one. The good news is they are really easy to re-sell, so you could definitely make most of your money back when you're done with it. I'm just making sure not to write in my workbooks or anything, so I can re-sell my copy.
#5 of 6 Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM

Thanks radicaleel!

I just ordered it and should get it Friday.  I have really appreciated your advice on this board!

I am having a much more challenging pregnancy this time than my first so i am hoping hypnobabies can help put me in a more joyful frame of mind.  I like being proactive (although I am 33 weeks tomorrow so am a bit behind on hypnobabies!) and believe so strongly in the body/mind connection.  I could also use better sleep at night too (we co-sleep with our 3 year old- maybe listening to the cds will help him sleep better too!  Just kidding...).

Thanks again for your quick feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightswimming View Post

WHich one are you ordering? I am in the same boat...I am 33 weeks tomorrow and could get it delivered quickly through amazon but am wondering if it is worth the money.

Thanks for your input!

The second one is just for doulas who want to work with hypno-moms, not for expectant moms, so you would need the first one, the more expensive one. The good news is they are really easy to re-sell, so you could definitely make most of your money back when you're done with it. I'm just making sure not to write in my workbooks or anything, so I can re-sell my copy.

#6 of 6 Old 05-22-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I ordered it on Friday and now I'm just hoping it doesn't get held up in customs or something. I really want to get started. I know we have time but I feel like the nesting has really kicked in and I *NEED* to get things ready....NOW!!!! LOL! ;-)

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page