Labor Preparations? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 PM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a music playlist I called ♫ tO BiRth bY❤

It consists of Things like Final Fantasy Music, Norah Jones, The Chieftains, Phantom of the Opera, Superchick, Classical, Cello, Black Eyed Peas, Metalica, Creed and Linkin Park. I have experimented throughout the pregnancy while taking a bath trying to de-stress from my day and selected music that gets me into 'That Place'. It also has a couple of white noise tracks I made myself of Water running, and the ocean Waves. In case I need to drown out distractions.

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#32 of 35 Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Here's where I got the cotton one (my other babies were born in winter and I used the silk/wool one's from Engel) http://skandikids.com/cosilana-wrap-over-cotton-shirt

I've not used the mama cloth after birth- mainly because I stay in bed for 5 days and I figure everyone else has enough to deal with washing diapers so I just use the organic disposable one's.

I purchased various types of AIO newborn diapers too just to make it easy on DH whose first baby this is and he has no idea how to use a prefold LOL.

So I just got my order from Skandikids. I ordered and paid for 3 cotton ones but they sent me 1 cotton and 2 silk/wool. Do you think these will be too hot for July babies? I do love wool!

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#33 of 35 Old 06-05-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahen2coop View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Here's where I got the cotton one (my other babies were born in winter and I used the silk/wool one's from Engel) http://skandikids.com/cosilana-wrap-over-cotton-shirt

I've not used the mama cloth after birth- mainly because I stay in bed for 5 days and I figure everyone else has enough to deal with washing diapers so I just use the organic disposable one's.

I purchased various types of AIO newborn diapers too just to make it easy on DH whose first baby this is and he has no idea how to use a prefold LOL.

So I just got my order from Skandikids. I ordered and paid for 3 cotton ones but they sent me 1 cotton and 2 silk/wool. Do you think these will be too hot for July babies? I do love wool!

Wow, nice! They sent you 2 wool/silk ones! I've only ever had winter babes and used those so it depends how hot it will get but I think it should work okay. I have a wool/silk wrap onesie I plan to use in newborn phase as well.

#34 of 35 Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 PM

I would think since it's light weight and breathable, and baby will probably be without pants anyway, that they should be OK. Plus I live in the Pacific Northwest- it's not like our summers are long or hot hot. We just had our first 2 consecutive days over 70 since September 3 & 4! and today wasn't even sunny, just overcast. I'm thinking summer is never going to come! I think I'll keep them though. I guess if baby looks hot then they'll make nice gifts for a winter baby.

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#35 of 35 Old 06-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Oh crap, NuzzleNudge, your list has made me feel completely unprepared!  I thought because I just picked up my birth kit, that I was good to go!  Well, thanks for the comprehensive list, anyhow!

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page