Pain during sex - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TMI thread coming up...but I have this hot burning sensation deep inside when we have sex. There is no pain or itching externally or anywhere else Is anyone else experiencing this burning during sex?

My doctor didn't even examine me when I went (I live in Spain) He just said "it's a yeast infection, probably" and gave me a prescription for a medication which states on the label that it's not recommended while pregnant and that it often causes moderate to severe internal burning which may last a few hours.  What???? !!  And what if it's not a YI?

I'm not keen on taking meds while pregnant but someone recommended I try the yogurt-in-vagina trick which will help a lot if it's a YI and would still be beneficial anyway even if it's not.  Thoughts on that?  And how does one get the yogurt up that far?  lol

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2011, 07:09 AM

I had that happen and it was a yeast infection. I heard sticking a clove of garlic up there helps ( lol that sounded super classy, but you know what I mean ;) and taking a bath with epsom salts.

I admit I did not try the garlic but the smell of garlic has been making me queasy all pregnancy and the idea of it being in my most intimate of areas did not appeal to me, lol

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
And how does one get the yogurt up that far? lol

I've asked that very same question in the past. smile.gif Try soaking a tampon in yogurt and then insert it... and yes, it's a mess! Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion?

My question is about the garlic clove. Once you get it up there... how do you get it back out? I have very short fingers and can't even check my cervix. I had to have assistance to retrieve the lost condom that got me into this situation, lol. (talk about TMI!!!!) I don't want to have to ask hubby to retrieve a garlic clove, lol! Or, alternately.. if you don't put the garlic that far up.. how do you keep it from falling out?

redface.gif

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

Old 05-29-2011, 12:48 PM

What I've done (can you tell I've had yeast issues?): eyesroll.gif

Yogurt:  put some in an ice cube tray, freeze it, pop them out as needed and there you go.

Garlic:  thread a needle with some string, stick it through the clove,  and tie the string so it won't come out

I've mostly knocked out my own yeast, but I don't want it to come back before I have the baby so right now I'm just inserting a capsule of acidophilus every night at bedtime.  It's more expensive, but less messy and uncomfortable than yogurt.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:29 PM

Oh, I like the ice cube idea! Much easier than a tampon.

And.. duh! about the string through the garlic clove... why didn't I think of that?? I'm going to blame it on pregnancy brain. smile.gif

Thanks!

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

Old 05-29-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRose View Post

And.. duh! about the string through the garlic clove... why didn't I think of that?? I'm going to blame it on pregnancy brain. smile.gif

Seriously, I think that might have been the most brilliant solution I've ever heard. I was so desperate I was just going to pop the clove in there and put my feet up .

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 05-30-2011, 07:00 AM

I can't imagine putting a yogurt popsicle up my vagina.  Brrrrr!  I have heard of the threaded clove of garlic trick before and would definitely try that though.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 AM

ddcc

i never thought of the string! i lost 2 garlic cloves, and had to have dh retrieve them! talk about embarassing!

i have filled my diva cup with yogurt, but soaking a tampon offered a lot more relief for me

Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You might want to consider taking probiotics as well to help restore the microflora balance. There are specific types to control yeast; just check your health foods store.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:03 AM

I have done the yogurt tampon and the garlic in vagina thing (I took a big clove and when I wanted it out I just needed to bare down and pull it out).

Good luck with the burning!

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Old 06-02-2011, 02:34 PM

I'll chime in with the dreaded yeasties. I am so prone to them anyway, but this pregnancy they have been off the hook. AND original poster, sounds like the very beginnings of a yeast infection to me. First the burn then the itch then the colonization. I did every livin natural cure for yeast for months. Internal and external garlic,probiotics, yogurt (make sure it is unsweetened,plain btw...) changed my diet, gave up sugars/breads...Nothing worked overly well. I kept it at bay for a while, but when I started gushing yeast everytime I stood up, I did the 3 day monistat stuff. I wont even take tylenol in pregnancy, but I couldn't take it anymore. It is gone now (and being 33 weeks pg, I wanted it gone before baby anyhoo) and now I am just doing major upkeep with low sugar, a new (pricey, but great) probiotic by Jarrow called Femdophilus and garlic and ACV baths for GBS get-awayness now anyway. How's that for TMI?

Old 06-03-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrockBaca View Post

You might want to consider taking probiotics as well to help restore the microflora balance. There are specific types to control yeast; just check your health foods store.

I've dealt with lots of yeast issues and this is always the best route for me, and very safe.  You can take up to 6 times the recommended dose of probiotics (whatever it says on the bottle), but spread it out, taking 1 dose every 3 hours to help kill the yeast.  Also cutting back on sugar helps tremendously.  

But for your specific situation, it doesn't necessarily sound like yeast.  Have you had yeast problems in the past?  Does it feel similar?  I always have itching/burning lower, near the vaginal opening.  

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)

User Tag List