Mothering Forum banner

Any July babies around the corner?

777 views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  4 in 2005 
#1 ·
My DD came three days after her due date but my MIL said that she and all her sisters tended to have their babies three weeks early. Heck my due date is only four weeks away (yikes!). That made me start thinking that July babies might start to arrive soon if some mommas have a propensity to birth a little early. Anyone out there?

#2 ·
I'm 37 weeks on Saturday. My first came at 40 weeks and my second at 39.4. I have my babies during low-pressure systems and it looks like one is headed our way this weekend potentially, and another chance mid-week. They're so horrible at predicting weather here that I'm not holding my breath. I feel pretty confident that I'll give birth sometime in June.

#3 ·
There might be! I am not supposed to have this baby until July 1st by c-section but I am already 4 cm. dilated, 60% effaced, crampy, and this morning I had some pink mucus when I wiped. I really need to wait at least a few weeks because DH works out of town and would have to drive over 4 hours if I go into labor. I am sure there are a few of us early July due dates that may end up with June babies.

#4 ·
I am 34+3..my DD came at 38+5, so if my body continues that pattern then we could be having a baby in just a month..AH! It is a little nerve-racking to think about..I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has went. BUT, you just never know about these babies..I want to be prepared for her arriving early, but not get my hopes up. I still have SO much to do!

#5 ·
I'm due July 5 (36wks today) but my mama had me 10 days late & my brother like 7 days late... So I guess I'm feeling the mid-July vibe. However, truly, who knows and I should be ready for anytime! :)

I'm getting a wee bit anxious because my doula is not able to come until, potentially, July 8 and baby is still breech... so it would be great to get baby settled and get my friend/doula here... take a deep breath, then rock this baby-having thing.

#7 ·
I'm due 7/2 and don't tend to go early (2 days over with my oldest and right on the due date with my youngest) - BUT, my body has definitely been getting ready the last week or so and I'm beginning to suspect I could end up going the last week in June.

#9 ·
I had my last two 2 weeks prior to my due date and I hope this one stays put just as long.

But there is no doubt in my mind that any day now we will get to read a DDC July Birth Story!

#10 ·
I have had mine at 39w3d and 40w 2d and am 35w 1 d today, but have had had a TON of stressful things the last week or so, so worried I might go early-that would NOT be good-I absolutely need this baby to stay put for at least 2-3 more weeks.

#11 ·
I highly doubt I'll be delivering in June (plus I'd rather wait until my birth tub rental gets picked up on July 1st!!). Both DD's were born around their due dates (3-5 days past) though I'm feeling really ready and done being pregnant. DH's work schedule says he'll be off 7/6-7/10 so I'd love to go into labor 7/5, birth on 7/5 or 7/6 and have a few extra days to tack onto his paternity leave.
thumb.gif

#14 ·
I keep thinking there will be an announcement here any day now.

I'm 37 weeks on Monday. My last was 9 days early, which would put me at about another 2 weeks if I went that early again. Who knows. DH asked me if I could have the baby next week because he's ready for a break from work, but I told him that's highly unlikely.

#15 ·
One of the PAL mommas had her baby yesterday.

100x100px-LS-d6682c45_avatar-230-9.jpg
I just wanted to pop by and let you all know we had a healthy happy baby boy! Andrew Tyler was born at 36 wks on June 4, was due July 2. We had a really quick labour- about 2hrs active - arrived at the hospital almost pushing! His big sister was there for the birth and got to cut his cord- so sweet!
How are the rest of you hanging in?

#17 ·
I have no clue when mine will be here. My kids have come at 40 weeks, 39, 38, 37 and 35. I was told by one MW that I wouldn't see 35 weeks pregnant. I left that office because some of her justification for that I found to be bunk. I did my own research and came up with the figure that because of my 35 weeker I had a 50/50 chance of another preemie. Heck that is a flip of a coin.

I am now 35 weeks 4 days along. I have my eyes set on 36 weeks right now. Then when I hit 36 weeks I am going to move my aim to 37. I figure one milestone at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.