Legit concerns or scare tactics? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-23-2011, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I made the mistake of talking to my mom about it, I was a C-section baby as was my brother, my bro was 10 pounds and went into distress, so she's all about having a c-section for big babies. Then my mom told my sister about it, she's a nurse, and her words were "don't let them keep you in labor for over 10 hours!"  because she was in labor for 18 hours with my 9.7 pound niece...thing is, the doctor hasn't said the baby looks big, for all I know it could just be a nice little 7 pounder!  Now I'm hoping the hospital staff doesn't have the same attitude as my family!  I haven't really shared my birthing ideals with my family but I feel like I've made it clear that I *really* don't want a C-section if there's any avoiding it, but this is part of the reason that I have specified on my birthing plan that I don't want ANY visitors in my room unless I specifically request them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 PM

Just met a neighbor whose last 2 babies were 10 and 11 pounders born at home. She's slim/tiny and his shoulders got stuck but it was resolved (all fours) and that was that.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well I had another appointment yesterday, he checked the cervix and said it was almost a one...I'm aware this doesn't mean much, but it was good to hear at 35 weeks.  In the middle of my appointment one of his other patients went into labor, so we didn't have time to discuss induction again, which is fine with me, I just didn't schedule one :)

User Tag List