Pregnant and Over 40 Tribe - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-19-2011, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi to all the Mamas out there who are over 40 and pregnant!  I think we need to start this tribe because there are more and more of us who are embarking on the journey of motherhood, or have been down the road before, but are older than the 20+ something moms. 

Would love to hear from you!

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#2 of 6 Old 06-19-2011, 11:58 PM

K- well I am pregnant and over 40. I'll be 45 soon LOL! This is my 6th baby, have had babies in my early 20's late 20's, early 30's, late 30's and now mid 40's.

#3 of 6 Old 06-24-2011, 12:34 PM

I'm 41 & doing very well I must say despite being "high-risk" b/c of my age.  Actually my midwives would never refer to me as high-risk.

My only concern at this point is being able to rest after baby comes & having energy for my 4 yr old.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#4 of 6 Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

K- well I am pregnant and over 40. I'll be 45 soon LOL! This is my 6th baby, have had babies in my early 20's late 20's, early 30's, late 30's and now mid 40's.

Do you feel the mid 40's pregnancy is more difficult than when you were in your 20's or 30's?  And how do you feel about being a senior citizen with a 20 yr old child?  And the fact that you may not live long enough to see the younger children grow up and have their own babies, etc.  These are some of the thing I think about...  and wonder if those thoughts cross other mama's minds as well.

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#5 of 6 Old 07-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyja View Post

Do you feel the mid 40's pregnancy is more difficult than when you were in your 20's or 30's?  And how do you feel about being a senior citizen with a 20 yr old child?  And the fact that you may not live long enough to see the younger children grow up and have their own babies, etc.  These are some of the thing I think about...  and wonder if those thoughts cross other mama's minds as well.

Honestly- I don't think about that. I have a mother that had me late and she's more youthful and energetic than some women are at 40 so that part doesn't scare me at all. I also have a younger husband LOL so if I'm dead from *old age* he sure won't be. This pregnancy is no different from the one I had at age 29 or 33 (my other two pregnancies were more difficult because the first one was twins and the last one before this I had a uterine fibroid even though that didn't make any difference it worried me mentally).

#6 of 6 Old 09-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Hi!  May I join this thread? I'm 41 and happily pregnant with my 6th.  I have scared myself by reading statistics so I'm now trying to mellow out and just be happy and not so worried in my pregnancy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page