Anyone taking 5w? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My midwife wants me to start taking 5w. Anyone have experience with it? It's supposed to be a mixture of herbs to help get body ready for labor. It has: Black Cohosh Root (Cimicifuga racemosa), Squaw Vine Herb (Mitchella repens), Dong Quai Root (Angelica sinensis), Butcher’s Broom Root (Ruscus aculeatus), Red Raspberry Leaves (Rubus idaeus)

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-21-2011, 02:30 PM

No experience here but my midwife personally doesn't like using those things that have squaw vine, the cohoshes, Dong Quai etc. The one birth I did take something weeks beforehand (homeopathic matrigin) was a very fast birth, painless but my son had mec and I attributed that to putting him under stress from the labor augmenting homeopathic but that was just my gut feeling. The only thing I use pre birth (just started a few days ago) is arnica.

#3 of 3 Old 06-21-2011, 04:16 PM

Edited to add:  It came!  I started taking it with dinner tonight.  Lets hope it does what it needs to do because I need this baby to be ready to come out (preferably before my evil induction date).

I ordered it off Amazon, but good grief it's taking forever to come.  I bet I'll give birth before it comes.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page