Pre Labor Signs! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 07-16-2011, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatemama1 View Post

I put in 3 gel capsules of EPO around 10pm then at 1am woke up to soaked undies and trickle down the leg... Is this EPO or amniotic fluid? I pee'd the oily EPO and then had, for the 1st time, mucous as well as blood. Also having intense menstrual cramp feeling that I like to call awesome waves. The wetness subsided, was that EPO? Seemed like too much liquid to be EPO as I assume some of it would have been absorbed?

I think that sounds promising too, I had acupuncture induction last night and so far nothing is happening but I got a trickle of EPO down my legs in the middle of the night that I thought was something else but it turned out to be just EPO. How are you feeling now? Any more  awesome waves?

#92 of 112 Old 07-16-2011, 06:11 AM

Aaah ok, that was my 1st go with the EPO so now I know. Slimy business that stuff is!

Well more red/pink goodness on the TP and constant awesome waves of menstrual-like pain and backache. I've never been so stoked for funky bodily functions! Got some sleep and gonna try to get more! Yay!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#93 of 112 Old 07-16-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Aaah ok, that was my 1st go with the EPO so now I know. Slimy business that stuff is!

Well more red/pink goodness on the TP and constant awesome waves of menstrual-like pain and backache. I've never been so stoked for funky bodily functions! Got some sleep and gonna try to get more! Yay!

Sounds good to me!

#94 of 112 Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:

thumbsup.gif Exciting!!!! Will be thinkin all birthy thoughts this weekend!!

#95 of 112 Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Yay for you!  I'm totally jealous of your funky bodily functions and secretions!

#96 of 112 Old 07-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasmith View Post

Yay for you!  I'm totally jealous of your funky bodily functions and secretions!

This just cracked me up! biggrinbounce.gif

#97 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 AM

Here's mine!! I'm 39 weeks, 2 days today and SO ready!! 

Not sure if this is anything but the cervical stabbing has been really intense yesterday and this morning. Low-lying contractions that can be a bit painful, but nothing regular. Lots of cramping and I've had two bouts of diarrhea. Not sure what to think as I'm don't really know what spontaneous labor feels like... I was induced with my first. I feel like I must be walking around at 5 cm but I know how dangerous that thought process can be. I have an OB appointment Wednesday and I'm really wanting her to check me but I'm afraid she'll say I'm still closed tight :)

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

#98 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 AM

I'm 39 weeks also...yesterday, my pelvis started to feel like it was cracking apart.  I know some people suffer with that for much longer, so it made me wonder if maybe this baby has moved down a bit more.  Getting some cramping that feels like menstrual cramps in the front and in my back, but not regular.  I'm getting that "cervical stabbing" too.  I have been going #2 often for several days...

Oh ya, with the cramping my entire abdomen is hard as a rock, feels like my uterus is being squeezed from the top down...I can't figure out if these are actual contractions or still just BH?

#99 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 AM

I just had my 39 week (actually 39+1) midwife appointment and when she asked if I wanted a membrane sweep I was like "OH DEAR GOD YES."  But it also meant an internal exam, and I wa maybe a bit surprised to find I am 2-3cm dilated & 60% effaced anyway, before the sweep!  Fingers crossed now that this triggers something more than all this bloody mucus...

Momofplenty likes this.

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
#100 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM

still preggo here. 40 +1. I have so many real contractions during the night. I can't really even sleep. I could/should get up and try to really get them going, but I just really don't want to deal with labor in the middle of the night. lol Mostly because of DS and I don't want to disturb him. Now, this a.m., they are still there but not as intense. Although, I'm SUPER constipated! ;-( Which isn't a good sign that labor is near. I wonder if the constipation is what is making me feel like I'm having contractions? I'm afraid to take a laxative cuz what if I go into labor and then am pooping all through it. UGH!

#101 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junobella View Post

still preggo here. 40 +1. I have so many real contractions during the night. I can't really even sleep. I could/should get up and try to really get them going, but I just really don't want to deal with labor in the middle of the night. lol Mostly because of DS and I don't want to disturb him. Now, this a.m., they are still there but not as intense. Although, I'm SUPER constipated! ;-( Which isn't a good sign that labor is near. I wonder if the constipation is what is making me feel like I'm having contractions? I'm afraid to take a laxative cuz what if I go into labor and then am pooping all through it. UGH!

I sooooo feel you on the constipation. I am terrified to do anything about. Maybe an enema? That is a lovely vision but might have to happen at this point

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#102 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizyellow View Post

I sooooo feel you on the constipation. I am terrified to do anything about. Maybe an enema? That is a lovely vision but might have to happen at this point

Eeek, I feel for you ladies.  I was constipated ALL the way through my last pregnancy and did nothing about it.  I totally pooped all the way through delivery.  But it didn't hinder or trigger things in any other way...

This preg had been pretty bad too, but at least things are moving through a little more regularly...

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
#103 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 AM

Constipation is so uncomfortable...maybe an enema would help?

I hope something more starts for all of us soon.  I'm going to the midwife today at 4pm...not sure what to expect.  I have not had any internal exams so far this (39 weeks) and I have no idea what she thinks about doing sweeps...guess I'll have to wait and see!

Good luck to all!

#104 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 05:10 PM

So...according to midwife, cervix is soft but not dilated.  I know that this doesn't really mean anything.  She says she thinks I have a "good sized" baby in there....whatever that means??

#105 of 112 Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 PM

ugh, doc appt today, I'm still at the 1 I was at last week :( he said it was good and soft though, last week he estimated it about 50% effaced...I'm just ready to be done, I've had really light cramps all day but nothing regular or strong.  Next week at my appt I'll be at 39+3 so he said he'd do a light membrane sweep, and my MIL comes in town next wednesday, I'm realllllly wanting to go into labor before she gets here.  *praying with my fingers crossed*

#106 of 112 Old 07-19-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rducky View Post

So...according to midwife, cervix is soft but not dilated.  I know that this doesn't really mean anything.  She says she thinks I have a "good sized" baby in there....whatever that means??

That's what my OB said last Friday. I was 39 weeks and my cervix had softened, but no effacement or dilation. I too have a BAB (Big Ass Baby), so I've just been walking a lot, doing some squats and lunges, and trying to get things going that way. I'm also taking EPO, which I hear helps with the effacement/dilation. 

I swear, last night I was having some pretty hardcore BH contractions, and lo and behold baby has dropped! THANK YOU JEEBUS, I CAN BREATHE!!! biggrinbounce.gif

#107 of 112 Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM

I'm trying to keep moving, but in the last couple of days I have begun to understand what SPD is.  My pelvis feels like it's cracking apart!  I don't think I could do a squat if I tried last night.  I have to climb the stairs one by one.  I'm so thankful this only started now, cuz I can't imagine an entire pregnancy with that pain.

Midwife suggested RRL/Nettle tea, and acupuncture. I started EPO 1 week ago and I am now booked in for my 1st ever acupuncture session on Thursday morning at 10:00.  The acupuncturist specializes in obstetrics.  When I made the appointment she said that I couldn't go alone. She did a treatment on a full term woman last week and her water broke on the table...I will hope to be so lucky!

She wouldn't guesstimate an actual weight...just good sized.  She also said she may be wrong because I am pretty short (5ft1in), so proportionally the baby may just be taking up all of the available room and skewing her impression of how big it is.

#108 of 112 Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM

i went for a 3 mile walk yesterday and went and walked at the gym today....nothing

#109 of 112 Old 07-19-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narleegates View Post

i went for a 3 mile walk yesterday and went and walked at the gym today....nothing

Same here. I walked a lot today and had my second round of acupuncture. It's so frustrating. I have so many signs but nothing sticks around. 40+3 for me....

#110 of 112 Old 07-19-2011, 08:42 PM

Walking here too and second round of acu as well today- 41 weeks now and so frustrated. I feel like this baby is not going to come out.

#111 of 112 Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 AM

I'm feeling like roadkill today. So tired and achy. I was so exhausted when my DH woke me up this morning that I started crying. My abdominal muscles are so sore, too, like I was having BH contractions all through the night.

Honestly, I feel like doing anything other than going into labor today. Ugh.

#112 of 112 Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narleegates View Post

ugh, doc appt today, I'm still at the 1 I was at last week :( he said it was good and soft though, last week he estimated it about 50% effaced...I'm just ready to be done, I've had really light cramps all day but nothing regular or strong.  Next week at my appt I'll be at 39+3 so he said he'd do a light membrane sweep, and my MIL comes in town next wednesday, I'm realllllly wanting to go into labor before she gets here.  *praying with my fingers crossed*

You poor girl; what did you do to deserve that?!?!  Hoping you go soon!

Melissa - Happy mommy to blahblah.gif Mitchell - 9lbs 1oz, 01-14-2007; and babyf.gifDylan - 10lbs 6oz, 07-25-2011

Happily married to Jeff since 09-24-2005

bfinfant.gif  hang.gif  cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page