I hate everything - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am the worst mother in the world, I don't want to be around my own kid. He talks all the time and wants to play and lays on me and wants wants wants this and that and cries and has to go pee and needs a drink and won't stop asking questions and I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel terrible. I am 36 weeks and I still have a few weeks to go and I just want to get this baby out of me so I can go back to loving being a mom and having fun with my kid instead of wishing I could justify watching TV all day long. I have never ever felt like this even one time int he last 3 years of motherhood and I feel like the worst mom ever. Every day is a countdown to when my DP gets home and I can not be completely responsible for his every need and desire.

Please tell me I am not alone

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#2 of 9 Old 06-24-2011, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MizYellow are you sure you aren't me? Between the hip pain and this combined with our close EDD, it's funny.

I'm losing my temper, I can't stand DD on my lap. she has been so clingy lately, and I feel so awful because she really is an amazing sweet and wonderful girl, but seriously mommy needs a time out.

Today i'm in bed with the portable dvd player because I'm just not up to playing. It's so shameful. I can't believe that there are soooo many weeks left. Though my EDD is July 25, my first was twelve days late. If we go to August I just might lose my mind.

matte likes this.
#3 of 9 Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 AM

I just read your post to my DH and he honestly asked if I wrote it and was posting it.  That is my life EXACTLY!!!!  I feel like a horrible mom most of the time too. My DS wants to play, cuddle, just generally be attatched to my hip.  I know he understands that life is about to change so much and I'm trying to give him the attention he wants, but I just want to curl up and be left alone! To top it off it's 113 here this week, so going out is not even an option.  I'm due in 3 weeks and hoping that he comes any day so I can get back to a somewhat normal life (Although life with a newborn and a 4 year old freaks me out too!)

#4 of 9 Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Your post seems to sum up my life! DD who is almost 4 wants to read, play, follow her to her room, a drink, play outside, etc etc. I just have zero patience. I feel so awful and even with a mommy time out, I don't feel normal or able to deal. She wants to read on my lap, put toys on my lap and I can't take it.

I'm 38 weeks and just waiting around. I don't know what to expect from this babe since DD was a preemie at 35 weeks, so this going to term is a new concept for my mind/body (but much appreciated in all reality).

I am going to try a birth meditation and see if that can help calm my mind...I also wonder if any essential oils or scents would help...or homeopathics (and I'm not talking the labour inducing ones).

If I find any peaceful vibes, I'd love to share :)

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#5 of 9 Old 06-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Getting out of the house alone has been helping me immensely even if it's dragging my huge pregnant belly to the grocery store. I've been leaving in the evenings when DH is home just so I can drive in the car and have peace and quiet. Even when they aren't talking directly to me, having four kids chattering around you ALL DAY LONG sends me over the edge. Glad to hear that even when it's your bio-kids, they are still driving you up the wall!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#6 of 9 Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 PM

What you're feeling is totally normal.  Don't beat yourself up for it.  You won't necessarily feel like this until you give birth either.  Try to find something that soothes you.  I've been trying to rely on aromatherapy, try some uplifting scents if you have access to them.

I feel like I have wicked PMS.  I am so angry all of the time, everything is pissing me off & I'm picking fights.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#7 of 9 Old 06-24-2011, 12:50 PM

I bought my ODS an xbox with a kinect for his bday so my kids would leave me alone for the next couple weeks.  Bad mom of the year award material, right here!  The funny part is it didn't work.  They play for about a half hour, get bored, come back upstairs and talk my freaking ears off.  The worst part is the tattling.  I can't stand it and have told them unless someone is bleeding or has a broken bone that I don't want to hear about it anymore.  I just can't take it.

Oh good grief, here they come again!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#8 of 9 Old 06-25-2011, 01:17 AM

Don't worry: it is completely normal. I feel the same way and am just so happy my in-laws are around to do most of the work. I even wrote in my journal that I could not deal with my daughter anymore when I was 37 weeks late time.

You just want to go within and block all outside stuff but unfortunately kids do not comply :-)

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#9 of 9 Old 06-25-2011, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

DDCC- I am 34 weeks and already feeling that way. I actually googled "Why do my kids ask me for things constantly?" LOL....I feel so exhausted all the time that three little kids chirping at me constantly is getting tough... I hate to imagine what it's going to be like in 2-8 more weeks!!! 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page