Feeling hopeless tonight - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is this baby ever going to come?!?!?! I've been contracting for HOURS but all the other symptoms I had are now gone....Agh. I'm miserable.  :( My hubby suggested...dtd... but I dont even want to THINK about that.....

#2 of 20 Old 06-25-2011, 07:33 PM

Don't worry, your body works smile.gif I've been where you are with my last birth with endless contractions, I promise you that eventually all of the pieces will fall into place and you will not be pregnant forever. If you're tired, maybe try drinking a small glass of wine and taking a bath. Think about anything that might be holding you back and journal about it. Have a good cry. Surrendering and trusting the process can be so difficult when you have the stop/start contractions, try not to exhaust yourself with trying to get things to pick up if you can and work on staying relaxed and getting rest for the real deal.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 20 Old 06-25-2011, 11:08 PM

I can only imagine! I am sorry this seems to be going on forever! It would drive me nuts and make me impatient as well. But I agree with Katie - eventually they all come out (I am not even close to any contractions....).

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#4 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Could you have him do his business in a cup and insert it? haha, so romantic but desperate times call for desparate measures (not so desperate as to actually have sex though ;)

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#5 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 06:11 AM

Another thing to consider is prodromal labor as a result of fetal positioning. Sometimes it can be a signal that the body is trying to reposition the baby more favorably for birth. If that's the case, doing all fours position in cat/cow pose will help, as will inversions and getting to a chiropractor who is experienced with pregnant women/Webster technique. I hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling better today. You can check out spinningbabies.com for more tips.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#6 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

I actually suggested he do the "business" every 2 hours and we can try that...he's amused but not willing even once!

I'm fairly sure I will go within the next 2 weeks...but I'm hoping some miracle happens to me that makes me go tonight. 4 kids to take care of and a husband with a wonky schedule makes for hard pregnancy. :(

We're off to walk the trails.....

#7 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizyellow View Post

Could you have him do his business in a cup and insert it? haha, so romantic but desperate times call for desparate measures (not so desperate as to actually have sex though

LOL lol lol yeah  I know that's right lol lol.gif

Good luck! I hope it all comes together soon and you're holding your baby!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#8 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 08:24 AM

I'm desperate enough to have sex.  In fact, I "made" DH do it twice last night and forced him to use EPO for lubrication.  He was not thrilled about the EPO part.  He said it made him feel creepy.  lol.gif

I figure I may as well use him up now because I know I won't be allowing any action for many, many weeks after the birth.  So enjoy it while it lasts, DH.  thumb.gif

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#9 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizyellow View Post

Could you have him do his business in a cup and insert it? haha, so romantic but desperate times call for desparate measures (not so desperate as to actually have sex though ;)

I had DH do that last time around and it worked! 

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#10 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

I'm desperate enough to have sex.  In fact, I "made" DH do it twice last night and forced him to use EPO for lubrication.  He was not thrilled about the EPO part.  He said it made him feel creepy.  lol.gif

That may be the funniest thing I have read in a long long time   ROTFLMAO.gif

#11 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

yeahthat.gif

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#12 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatemama1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

That may be the funniest thing I have read in a long long time ROTFLMAO.gif

yeahthat.gif

Me too! I'm cracking up here.

Thankfully I'm only 36.5 weeks now so not that desperate for anything to happen yet--hope it doesn't come to that. Hang in there ladies--the babies will come out soon!
#13 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

hahahah I have to agree. THAT is actually a pretty neat idea..hmm.

I totally agree with Katie..just trust your body and this process. I believe once you are able to relax, let go of any stress or worries, and really give in, things will progress. I know patience is probably the LAST thing you have right now, but it is necessary. Before you know it, you'll be holding your little baby in your arms. If you are able, take 5 minutes a day to yourself..breathe, visualize your birth, talk to your baby, and listen to your body.

Earth-loving, birth-loving, body-working, simple-livin' mama to two sweet girls and fiance to a hard-working man treehugger.gif namaste.gifbellyhair.gif

#14 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

SOOO.. we walked this morning. So we weren't doing anything crazy and nothing that would put me into labor unless we're ready. We walked 1/2 mile on our local park trail but I was in agony the whole time so we didn't walk it a second time... About 1/2 hour later, I couldn't move or even get out of the car without help. :( So much pelvic pain. Around 1:30, I called my midwife and asked her if there was something that could be causing THIS MUCH PAIN. She had me come to the hospital and checked me. I'm only 2cm...contracting very infrequently. She said they did not change my due date as was discussed, so tomorrow makes 37 weeks and not 38w4d.... ANYWAY, she checked me and said my pelvic floor is soooo soft that its no wonder I'm in pain. I have pretty bad prolapse and everything was mush. She even had a hard time finding the opening of my cervix. She said that it does not appear I will go in the next few days, but that because I've delivered 3/4 babies on exactly 38w1d, it doesn't look like it will be long. With the pain, she said because of how mushy everything is, the baby is just slamming down into my bowels and pelvic floor when I stand. AWFUL.  ANYWAY...she did say to make another appointment for this week and they will discuss an induction date if I'd like. Which... I do. :(

#15 of 20 Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofplenty View Post

Is this baby ever going to come?!?!?! I've been contracting for HOURS but all the other symptoms I had are now gone....Agh. I'm miserable.  :( My hubby suggested...dtd... but I dont even want to THINK about that.....

Are we the same person? Three days of 4 hr sets of pretty intense contractions, which then give way to fatigue and sleep. THREE DAYS!!! ENOUGH!

I've been on long walks, I've done squats, I've eaten spicy food, what else should I do?

#16 of 20 Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofplenty View Post

SOOO.. we walked this morning. So we weren't doing anything crazy and nothing that would put me into labor unless we're ready. We walked 1/2 mile on our local park trail but I was in agony the whole time so we didn't walk it a second time... About 1/2 hour later, I couldn't move or even get out of the car without help. :( So much pelvic pain. Around 1:30, I called my midwife and asked her if there was something that could be causing THIS MUCH PAIN. She had me come to the hospital and checked me. I'm only 2cm...contracting very infrequently. She said they did not change my due date as was discussed, so tomorrow makes 37 weeks and not 38w4d.... ANYWAY, she checked me and said my pelvic floor is soooo soft that its no wonder I'm in pain. I have pretty bad prolapse and everything was mush. She even had a hard time finding the opening of my cervix. She said that it does not appear I will go in the next few days, but that because I've delivered 3/4 babies on exactly 38w1d, it doesn't look like it will be long. With the pain, she said because of how mushy everything is, the baby is just slamming down into my bowels and pelvic floor when I stand. AWFUL.  ANYWAY...she did say to make another appointment for this week and they will discuss an induction date if I'd like. Which... I do. :(

Ouch!  That sounds really painful!  I often get "paralyzed" with pain from pelvic pain.  Mine is mostly at night though.  When I get up to pee, my pelvis actually pops back into place as I bend over.  It's loud too!  I don't blame you for discussing an induction.  When I had SPD, I was induced on my due date.  The freedom of being able to actually walk after I gave birth was amazing!

On a funny note, DH was less freaked about the EPO lube last night when I forced him to do it two more times.  LOL.  He did say "This feels like I'm performing some sort of highly calculated procedure."  lol.gif  I said "Well you are.  Now hurry up so we can go to bed.  I took Benadryl tonight." 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#17 of 20 Old 06-27-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:

On a funny note, DH was less freaked about the EPO lube last night when I forced him to do it two more times.  LOL.  He did say "This feels like I'm performing some sort of highly calculated procedure."  lol.gif  I said "Well you are.  Now hurry up so we can go to bed.  I took Benadryl tonight." 

ROTFLMAO.gif Most. Romantic. Ever. ROTFLMAO.gif
lovelylisa likes this.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#18 of 20 Old 06-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:

OMG you're killing me. Love it!!!!

#19 of 20 Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 PM

We'll see what he says tonight when I force myself on him.  I warned him before he left for his work meeting tonight that he had work to do when he got home.  He actually groaned (and not in a good way).  LOL! 

We have had progress though.  I went from closed up tight to 2 cm in a week so I told him we need to keep up all the sexy time so we can get this baby out!

Edited to add:  Shot down!  Bummer.

#20 of 20 Old 06-29-2011, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Still no bambino. Contractions yesterday ALL DAY and then as we packed up to go to the hospital, they completely stopped. FUUUUN TIMES. I give up. I've actually resigned myself to how I'm the discussion will go for induction. how uncrunchy of me. :/

Good luck everyone! I will be trying to not whine the rest of this pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page