Dare I hope??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-28-2011, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My other kids were born at 42w4d, 42w2d, and 41w2d...I'm 37weeks on Friday this weeks but I've been having a lot of pressure waves (contractions) and the baby seems to be really trying to move his head into a good position (causing lots of cervical twinges and nerve pain) tha last few days........dare I hope that this babe will come BEFORE my guess date??????  I'm actully holding off on my herbs and things until Friday now since I don't want to go before then....maybe I'm jinxing myself now and I'll go super 'late' again! lol!!!

Has anyone else who's had several post due date babies actually gone early???

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-28-2011, 05:08 PM

All of my babes have come 1-2 days late. I'm working on #4 and actually hoping the same with this one.

I'd be careful about hoping too much about this baby coming early. I've had friends who convinced themselves their babies would come early (mostly because they'd had early babies before) and became quite frustrated when they didn't.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#3 of 6 Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM

I've had late babies and then babies born on their due dates but the last baby came 2 days earlier than his due date. From the woman I know those who have gone post dates always tend to go post dates- in my case I went post dates with the twins because midwife said my uterus was so large it became atonic. I'm 38 weeks today and have zero symptoms of anything (and glad not to yet) and baby's head still floating etc;

#4 of 6 Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 AM

I am not sure and am wondering about patterns myself. 

I had my kids (corrected due dates to correlate to day of ovulation not last day of period): 39+5, 38+1 and 38+1. They all weighed the same 7.8 Ibs. (3.5 kg). This one is much smaller according to the measurements and I am wondering if this makes for a later birth date....

I hope you go on your preferred date ;-)))))

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#5 of 6 Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 AM

I only went postdates with my first baby.  The rest have been early or within a day of their due date.  The last 2 have been 9 and 12 days early, but it seems with both my placenta was starting to fail and get old.  I would assume that if my placenta's had remained healthy, they both would have been closer to the due date.

That said, my midwives have always said that most women tend to follow their patterns and it sounds unlikely that you'd go before your due date.  It doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case though.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#6 of 6 Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses.  I'm hoping that maybe my pattern means, at the very least, that this one will come close to guess date.  I just get so nervous about having a really big baby. My last was 9lbs. 12oz....

i'm also just ready to meet this one!  but maybe not ready for pushing him out??? I guess I should work on that! wink1.gif

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page