Fluffy Stash Pictures! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

With 3 weeks to go, we decided it was high-time to take the wonderful fluffiness out of the boxes...and do an inventory.  We know there are holes to fill...just needed to know where!

We are expecting Eddie to arrive on the small size...so DH and I want to stock-up on a few more Preemie-size dipes and covers.  Small (not preemie) dipes we have...covers, oh, not-so-much!

Turns out I have TWENTY Kissas Sz 0!  

Here's a pic of my stash.  In the bucket in the back are my Kissas, 5 Goodmamas and some WAHMs.  

DSCF2758.JPG

Now to clean, sort and put-away!  Oh...and shop for some more, of course!

Mrs B

#2 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 AM

I love when it's all set up nice and neat.  I just organized mine and holy moly it was a mess!  I have so many FBs and an infinite amount of prefolds.  DH was like scared.gif.  As you can tell, he never did much of CD laundry last time. LOL.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#3 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 AM

Believe it or not, once your milk comes in, you'll go through that stash in less than 2 days.  I've got about 2.5 dozen fitteds and AIO's and another dozen newborn prefolds and we're going through all 2.5 dozen of the fitteds and AIO's in 2 days, using prefolds while we wash evey other day.  My little one is a week old.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#4 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 AM

That's a fine stash! I wish I had bought some preemie covers, this lilttle one is swimming in her dipes :)

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#5 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM

Love the stash- I just realized I don't have enough newborn prefolds(only 2 dozen) so I ordered 2 dozen more from Green Mountain dipes today and I hope I can boil/prep them before baby comes!  I used Kissa's size 0 fitted with my last baby for first few weeks (as well as prefolds). I see you have some Swaddlebee's there too- I bought some mini eco-nappis for newborn period.

Looking back at pics of my last baby the newborn covers really are too big to start off with. I have a ton of them (Niji's and Nikki's and Imse Vimse's).........

#6 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 AM

I have just less than two dozen, and the OS BumGenius seem like they're going to be too big, as do the small Swaddlebee's...Oh well, I guess good thing that we got disposables as gifts....Otherwise we'd end up trying EC right off the bat. ROTFLMAO.gifI kind of anticipated doing laundry at least every 1.5 days though, so that's not a big deal, but I would prefer to stay out of disposables as much as possible this time. 

IMAG0033.jpg

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#7 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 AM

Do you have the swaddlebee's newborn size? They look a bit roomy to me too, more for like an 11-12 pounder . I got some newborn Rumparooz (don't like that it's fleece though) as well as newborn Grovia's and some newborn Tot's Bot's which look really great to me (can't say whether they are or not) as well as some fitted hemp velour newborns. Hoping I have enough too since I'll only have 3 dozen newborn prefolds and then about a dozen AIO's/fitteds.The newborn prefolds look very tiny to me and I know that I've only used small prefolds on my previous babies. Hoping  they work.

#8 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist. View Post

I have just less than two dozen, and the OS BumGenius seem like they're going to be too big, as do the small Swaddlebee's...Oh well, I guess good thing that we got disposables as gifts....Otherwise we'd end up trying EC right off the bat. ROTFLMAO.gifI kind of anticipated doing laundry at least every 1.5 days though, so that's not a big deal, but I would prefer to stay out of disposables as much as possible this time. 

Heh, I have OS BumGenius & OS Swaddlebees leftover from DD1, but I know the "small" setting will be too big and bulky for my newborns. I used XS Bummis covers and prefolds with DD1 but sold them for some reason.  This time I bought some newborn GroVia and... um, something else... for the first 3 lbs or so. :)

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
#9 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 09:55 AM

OH I am so jealous!  Your diaper stashes are so adorable! joy.gif  I have 24 motherease diapers and inserts someone gave me, but they are OS and enormous looking.  And I only have maybe 2 or 3 covers, size medium.  :\  I was hoping to get a whole bunch of CD's as gifts, but that didn't happen, and since I can't sew (yet) it looks like we'll be using 7th Generation disposables until LO fits into the motherease dipes.  Oh well.  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any good deals on Craigslist.

I also bought and cut up lots of fleece/felt to use as cloth wipes and diaper liners as I heard it works well.  Anyone have experience with that?

nak.gif married to DH  guitar.gif since 03/05/2005, new mama to E thumbsuck.gif, homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg 07/02/2011

nocirc.gifselectivevax.giffamilybed1.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gif

#10 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 AM

Here's mine :)  I'm so excited about cding a newbie!

5885740771_44529d190a.jpg

5886307770_be16465be6.jpg

5885741033_3c94464a45.jpg

Sarah-Mommy to T (5), C (2) and baking a baby girl due in early July
#11 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Do you have the swaddlebee's newborn size? They look a bit roomy to me too, more for like an 11-12 pounder . I got some newborn Rumparooz (don't like that it's fleece though) as well as newborn Grovia's and some newborn Tot's Bot's which look really great to me (can't say whether they are or not) as well as some fitted hemp velour newborns. Hoping I have enough too since I'll only have 3 dozen newborn prefolds and then about a dozen AIO's/fitteds.The newborn prefolds look very tiny to me and I know that I've only used small prefolds on my previous babies. Hoping  they work.

I don't think they're the newborn size, I think they're just small but I'm not sure.  They really look bulky though, like the insert really had to be "stuffed" in the cover.  Hmmm....I hope they aren't too bulky.  I've never even tried prefolds, not sure why but they seem daunting to me, although hear great stuff about them.  It sounds like you have a good stash setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidaShara View Post

Heh, I have OS BumGenius & OS Swaddlebees leftover from DD1, but I know the "small" setting will be too big and bulky for my newborns. I used XS Bummis covers and prefolds with DD1 but sold them for some reason.  This time I bought some newborn GroVia and... um, something else... for the first 3 lbs or so. :)

Yea, the OS BumGenius totally look too roomy for a newborn.  I'd guess they're probably more for 11-15 lbs.  And thankfully I only have 1 OS Swaddlebees as it wasn't my favorite, which is weird because I LOVE their sized (side snap) AIO's...They are the best!

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#12 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saslewis11 View Post

Here's mine :)  I'm so excited about cding a newbie!

Omg, your stash is GORGEOUS! I've been trying so hard to be "good" about buying things for this baby - really, we've bought practically nothing.  Maybe $120 spent total on a ring-sling and some newborn clothies.  I'm going into withdrawl. >.<  I just want to buy a huge stash of little tiny clothies of a dozen different brands and hundreds of colours!  And clooothes, clothes clothes clothes clothes.

It's hard to stay minimalist when newborn things are so tiny and awesome. :(

reborn likes this.

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
#13 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 10:33 AM

bow.gif  Oh my word, SasLewis11!!!!!!!!!!  Where is the jealousy emoticon when you need it?!!  How long did it take you to collect such a fabulous stash?

lovelylisa likes this.

nak.gif married to DH  guitar.gif since 03/05/2005, new mama to E thumbsuck.gif, homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg 07/02/2011

nocirc.gifselectivevax.giffamilybed1.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gif

#14 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 AM

You guys are so organized! Looks great!!!

Here is a part of my stash which is currently on mykitchen table... lil girl is so small they don't fit her well yet, even though the cover says 6lbs. I think its a bummis cover size small and a green prefold.

oliviadipes.jpg

#15 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 11:04 AM

My favorites are Very Baby newborn AIO's.  Everything else, including Kissa 0's, are just too big and bulky on my little guy.  He was only 6 lb. 12 oz. though.  My 2 babies that were over 8 lbs. fit regular newborn diapers a lot better than my 3 tiny babies.  We can do the Green Mountain newborn diapers on him, but even those are pretty bulky.  If there's a next time I might buy some of the preemie prefolds since they have less layers I believe.  

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#16 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM

OMG, newborn squish!! love.gif

Thanks guys!!  I'm obsessed, lol!  I've been working on it since we found out baby is a girl.  I  know I went overboard, but it's our last, and I'll sell and use the Paypal to buy mediums, so...the cycle will continue biggrinbounce.gif

Sarah-Mommy to T (5), C (2) and baking a baby girl due in early July
#17 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM

lovelylisa- She is just adorable!!! 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#18 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM

saslewis11- OMG- what a beautiful pink stash! Love it!! I went overboard last time with my 5th baby because I thought it was my last- sadly I sold his stash and had to start over again.

Lovelylisa- she is precious!

#19 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Thank you all :) I realize now that my last post made no sense. I meant my stash is on the kitchen table, not my baby lol I barely move from the couch these days to organze anything  as lil girl is wanting to nurse constantly.

Today is our first day using the cloth dipes.. her cord stump fell off yesterday, right on time because we only have a few pampers left from the hospital. I'm not sure I have the prefold folded right but its huge on her anyway. No poopsplosions yet :)

#20 of 20 Old 06-30-2011, 03:19 PM

lovelylisa - your little girl is precious! And so tiny! I'm pretty sure my baby is going to be a lot bigger than that. The tiny babies are soooo cute! I'm jealous. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page