It's pretty pathetic - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

to be this excited about mucous.  lol.gif

I've been doing all my magic tricks (EPO, 5W, bouncing on a ball, sex, spicy food, pineapple) and finally I'm starting to see results!  I went from 0 to 2 cm in a week and today... Houston, we have mucous!  Not a big amount, but definitely a small chunk of the plug.  I don't think I could be more thrilled.  I haven't lost a mucous plug since I was pregnant with my first (and I was induced a couple hours later after that... big regret!)

I'm off to do some more bouncing!

NuzzleNudge likes this.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#2 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 AM

hurray! It's pretty strange to be happy (and slightly jealous) about someone else's mucous, right?

Looks like the EPO lube is working, keep up the good work!joy.gif

SuburbanHippie likes this.

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#3 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 AM

thumb.gif Yay!  broc1.gif

SuburbanHippie likes this.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#4 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 08:21 AM

Well my mucus plug came out a week ago, and I still don't have my baby yet! I'm a little disappointed. I was 1.5cm dilated on Tuesday. The contractions have been getting a little stronger, though, so hopefully I'm making more progress. I'm only 38 weeks today though. I hope I don't have another month of waiting...

#5 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 08:24 AM

Slightly OT here but why have I never had a mucous plug  ever? And it's not like I wouldn't have noticed such a thing either, I just never had one (5 babies too so far LOL). I'm thinking I do get a large amount of watery discharge and maybe some women just have that? Anyone know? I'll ask my MW today about this.

#6 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

hurray! It's pretty strange to be happy (and slightly jealous) about someone else's mucous, right?

ROTFL!!  Well, I'm totally with you!! praying.gif

nak.gif married to DH  guitar.gif since 03/05/2005, new mama to E thumbsuck.gif, homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg 07/02/2011

nocirc.gifselectivevax.giffamilybed1.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gif

#7 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrockBaca View Post

Well my mucus plug came out a week ago, and I still don't have my baby yet! I'm a little disappointed. I was 1.5cm dilated on Tuesday. The contractions have been getting a little stronger, though, so hopefully I'm making more progress. I'm only 38 weeks today though. I hope I don't have another month of waiting...

Yeah, I know it doesn't mean labor is imminent or anything.  I just want to be sure that my cervix is really ready for this induction.  Seeing chunks of plug are a good sign that it will be!  thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Slightly OT here but why have I never had a mucous plug  ever? And it's not like I wouldn't have noticed such a thing either, I just never had one (5 babies too so far LOL). I'm thinking I do get a large amount of watery discharge and maybe some women just have that? Anyone know? I'll ask my MW today about this.

You probably aren't losing it until active labor, which is totally normal.  That's what happened to me during my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pregnancies.  I never saw it, but I know it was there.

*Edited to change it from loosing to losing.  I should be ashamed of myself. LOL.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#8 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 PM

Yayyyyy, mucus!! :D

Sarah-Mommy to T (5), C (2) and baking a baby girl due in early July
#9 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

Yeah, I know it doesn't mean labor is imminent or anything.  I just want to be sure that my cervix is really ready for this induction.  Seeing chunks of plug are a good sign that it will be!  thumb.gif

You probably aren't losing it until active labor, which is totally normal.  That's what happened to me during my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pregnancies.  I never saw it, but I know it was there.

*Edited to change it from loosing to losing.  I should be ashamed of myself. LOL.

I never saw it in active labor- how weird is that? Or I am some freak of nature that never gets a plug??

#10 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

I never saw it in active labor either, but the nurse made a comment about it once during my 2nd labor when she went to check me.  I didn't even notice it.

#11 of 13 Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM

My MW told me mine probably comes out with all my birth stuff (membranes and such) and that's why I've never seen it.

#12 of 13 Old 07-01-2011, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

It's probably even more pathetic when you feel disappointed the next day when there is no mucous whatsoever.  shake.gif

#13 of 13 Old 07-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Booooo! Well maybe that means you're almost done :)

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page