One more dose of Pulsatilla 2 days ago and MW confirmed baby is now OA! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So thrilled I won't have another posterior labor (not that it was ever really an issue) again and hopefully this birth will be like my 1st son's birth (only labor that wasn't posterior) which was painless and fast! I can only wish and hope for a birth like that again but real pleased the baby rotated.

reborn likes this.
#2 of 8 Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 PM

what's pulsatilla?

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#3 of 8 Old 06-30-2011, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

It's a homeopathic remedy- Pulsatilla has been known to help turn a baby. It apparently evens out the muscles in the uterus, allowing baby to fit into an optimal position

Pulsatilla

The windflower is one of the great homeopathic polychrests (drug of many uses). This herb has long been used to change unfavorable presentations prior to the onset of labor. The remedy is most effective when administered before the presenting put is deeply engaged in the pelvis and before the bag of waters ruptures.

How does it work? Pulsatilla is essentially soft and changeable. On the physical plane, the uterus grows asymmetrically, and the baby fits in there any way it can. Given in potency (a pharmaceutical process which progressively dilutes natural substances and then vigorously shakes them, thereby releasing dormant energy), pulsatilla stimulates the uterine muscle to grow more evenly. In. response to a change in shape, the baby willingly and naturally assumes the most advantageous position—a gentle intervention.

Pulsatilla is always worth a try. Since you are giving the woman a non-material (dynamic) dose, you can cause no harm. The worst that can happen is that she simply will not respond to, or resonate with, the remedy. If the baby needs to remain in his present position for mechanical reasons, such as the location of the placenta, or a tight cord wrap, the remedy will have no effect. The timing of the homeopathic intervention can coincide with other efforts you employ to turn babies. Usually you'll try this at or near 35 weeks, perhaps earlier if mom is small and the baby is persistent. Try one dose of the 200c potency. If there is no response in a few days, you can repeat it, or go to a 1M. If all you have on hand is 30c or lower, then try one or two doses a day for three days. There are no firm rules regarding dosage, but as a general guideline, do not repeat the high potencies (200c and above) more than twice, nor continue the lower potencies for more than two weeks. And stop all interventions once you have obtained results.

#4 of 8 Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 AM

That is awesome! I will keep this in mind for future reference wink1.gif Here's to anterior babies and easier labors!

Earth-loving, birth-loving, body-working, simple-livin' mama to two sweet girls and fiance to a hard-working man treehugger.gif namaste.gifbellyhair.gif

#5 of 8 Old 07-01-2011, 04:54 PM

Oooh thanks for the knowledge, off to get some. Third posterior baby is just so comfy there still at 38 weeks. Both my childrens have made their way out facing the sky, so I don't really know any other way, but I sure would like to see! Thanks!!

#6 of 8 Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabluz View Post

Oooh thanks for the knowledge, off to get some. Third posterior baby is just so comfy there still at 38 weeks. Both my childrens have made their way out facing the sky, so I don't really know any other way, but I sure would like to see! Thanks!!

Stellabluz- my firstborn never rotated and she was born face up. as well- I too didn't know any different until my next birth It was so easy and fast at 1.5 hours start to finish (I can say it was completely painless and was shocked when my MW told me I was 10 dilated and I could push) and his labor/birth was the only one not posterior so it's worth a try IMO to get them to turn before onset of labor. I would love another birth like that!

#7 of 8 Old 07-02-2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks Greenmama! I am always wondering why I feel so strong and movable prior to laboring and then it just hits me so hard My first born was a natural hospital birth flat on my back and pushing took 2.5 hours and resulted in a poor little conehead about 6 inches long off of her forehead. 2nd wasnt so extreme at home and moving around, but  i so would like to try a different way and position this time around and look for any alternative ideas after two posterior labors. What is the baby wrapping I have heard of?

#8 of 8 Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabluz View Post

Thanks Greenmama! I am always wondering why I feel so strong and movable prior to laboring and then it just hits me so hard My first born was a natural hospital birth flat on my back and pushing took 2.5 hours and resulted in a poor little conehead about 6 inches long off of her forehead. 2nd wasnt so extreme at home and moving around, but  i so would like to try a different way and position this time around and look for any alternative ideas after two posterior labors. What is the baby wrapping I have heard of?

Welcome- the belly wrapping in labor consists of binding belly (woman lies on bed and lifts hips while someone else wraps belly) with a sash/rebozo. One can also use rebozo sifting in labor for posterior babes. http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/position.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page