Ctxs 4 mins apart. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And we went to the hospital last night, as I'm having a hospital birth and the rule is to come in when they're 5 mins or less.  So...I go in, and they monitor me.  Ctxs were 1-3 mins apart and fairly strong, but I didn't dilate in the one hour they monitor me and send me home.  I was totally fine with this as it was 4 am and I knew I would get my egg and cheese biscuit this morning instead of ice chips.  LOL  

Anyway, I came home, slept 4 hours waking every hour to enjoy some contractions ;)  and this morning they're still here, still 3-4 mins apart.  

I'm thinking maybe baby girl isn't yet in the right position.  Any ideas of what I could to help things along?  I'm about to hop on the treadmill and incline the heck out of it ;)

Sarah-Mommy to T (5), C (2) and baking a baby girl due in early July
#2 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 AM

Exciting mama! Maybe try some cat/cow poses or knee/chest poses to get baby in a better position? Good luck!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#3 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 AM

If the baby is posterior belly binding will help (I did that my last birth). Hopefully things will pick up for you- exciting!

#4 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 10:18 AM

I'd suggest going to a chiropractor and getting your hips adjusted.  My midwife has had great success having her mommas do this just before and while in labor. :)  My LO was very posterior for several weeks and after a couple of chiro adjustments, along with doing knee-chest and pelvic tilts at home, he's now been LOA for about a week!  woohoo!

My birth class instructor also recommends slowly walking the stairs, two at a time during contractions, and swaying/rotating your pelvis while your feet are spread apart on the stairs.  She says this helps get baby in better position and increase dilation.

Good luck! :)

nak.gif married to DH  guitar.gif since 03/05/2005, new mama to E thumbsuck.gif, homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg 07/02/2011

nocirc.gifselectivevax.giffamilybed1.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gif

#5 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Crawl around on your hands and knees! Ooh good luck!
#6 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 11:11 AM

I second the hands and knees and the two at a time stair walking. but remember to rest too! Best wishes!

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#7 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Good luck Mama!!!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page