Crossing over! ....had our baby girl! will update soon! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-02-2011, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there July mamas!!  Just making the leap from the June DDC to July!  I was due June 30th, but haven't had the little love yet.  I've been lurking here, suspecting that I would probably be having a July baby.  What a GREAT month to birth!!

It's so fun to see familiar names in the different DDC's.  Radicaleel: I remember your fabulous/encouraging/courageous birth from '09!  How fun our 'baby' boys are soon to be big brothers!!

Anyhow. Just wanted to introduce myself. 

Howdy, I'm Janae.

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
#2 of 9 Old 07-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Hi! Do you usually go later? I'm due on July 12th but feel I'll birth on the 10th for some reason.

#3 of 9 Old 07-02-2011, 09:47 PM

Hi Janae! smile.gif Yay! We get to be July '11 mamas together too!
#4 of 9 Old 07-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Welcome! Scary that even mamas pg with their fourth go past their due dates (I really hope I will deliver before as always!) :-))))

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

#5 of 9 Old 07-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Welcome.  Hope you don't have to wait too long to meet your little one.  How cool that you guys are having your babies together (sort of) again. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#6 of 9 Old 07-03-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Hi! Do you usually go later? I'm due on July 12th but feel I'll birth on the 10th for some reason.

Hi!

Yes, I seem to get a day or two later each time.  If I remember right, my 1st was one day late, 2nd was two days late, 3rd was four days late...and here I am on my 4th and three days 'late'.  (whatever 'late' means wink1.gif)

I thought last night was the night.....contractions, nauseous, hormonal crying-for no reason!.....but alas I feel asleep. :)

I did think that I would wake up with bloody show, but nope, nada.  

I feel ok about it though, because there is a chance we will be moving into a very primitive place that my husband has been building for the past three months. It is going to be a beautiful home someday but for now it will be like staying in a cabin. (no toilet, no shower.....but it would be a place of our own!! Sheepish.gif)  So I feel like my mind and body aren't completely at peace to birth yet.  Although I am really trying hard to just relax and do what I need to do.  

So thats what we're up to.

How about you guys? Feeling settled and nested and ready?

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
#7 of 9 Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 AM

Hello cross-overs!

I'm due on Tuesday (Tuesday!) but I think I'll be later than that... Just a hunch.

But this weekend I had a weird feeling - some family of my husband's was coming into town and I got really weirded out about it & decided I didn't want anyone here. That sounds really mean, I know, I just felt like I'm so far from my own family (no one in my family has actually seen me pregnant in real life, only via picture) and these particular folks from my Dh's family are pretty gossipy and I just felt like I was gonna be gawked at like the freakish "Gringa" I often feel like down here...

Anyway, I couldn't take it - DH totally understood, they stayed in a hotel (I'm so bad, I feel bad about it) but my sanity and peace has been saved. That is not typically like me to be so protective of my space but the force was strong! So we've also asked my MIL to come later... DH & I decided we wanted to keep these "final days" just to ourselves. It's a pretty peaceful time right now & while it feels bad to keep everyone away :( it's also a huge relief and exactly what feels right.

Otherwise, I am just chillin' and cannot believe how big n' boney baby feels these days! He/she is definitely "baby-sized" in there. Any day now... (although no "signs" yet... that I know of...)

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#8 of 9 Old 07-03-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatemama1 View Post

Hello cross-overs!

I'm due on Tuesday (Tuesday!) but I think I'll be later than that... Just a hunch.

But this weekend I had a weird feeling - some family of my husband's was coming into town and I got really weirded out about it & decided I didn't want anyone here. That sounds really mean, I know, I just felt like I'm so far from my own family (no one in my family has actually seen me pregnant in real life, only via picture) and these particular folks from my Dh's family are pretty gossipy and I just felt like I was gonna be gawked at like the freakish "Gringa" I often feel like down here...

Anyway, I couldn't take it - DH totally understood, they stayed in a hotel (I'm so bad, I feel bad about it) but my sanity and peace has been saved. That is not typically like me to be so protective of my space but the force was strong! So we've also asked my MIL to come later... DH & I decided we wanted to keep these "final days" just to ourselves. It's a pretty peaceful time right now & while it feels bad to keep everyone away :( it's also a huge relief and exactly what feels right.

Otherwise, I am just chillin' and cannot believe how big n' boney baby feels these days! He/she is definitely "baby-sized" in there. Any day now... (although no "signs" yet... that I know of...)

I don't think that you should feel badly/guilty.  It is natural to want to preserve and protect especially in the final days before birth.  Your  family dynamic is about to change drastically (for the better, but it is still an adjustment).

I remember right before heading to the hospital with our first, my husband and I stopped in our hallway and hugged, prayed, and nervously laughed because it occurred to us that life was about to change and never be the same.  So I say that to say, enjoy your time together, and don't hesitate to protect yourself and your family from chaotic situations (before and after birth--in my opinion).  

#9 of 9 Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janae View Post

I don't think that you should feel badly/guilty.  It is natural to want to preserve and protect especially in the final days before birth.  Your  family dynamic is about to change drastically (for the better, but it is still an adjustment).

I remember right before heading to the hospital with our first, my husband and I stopped in our hallway and hugged, prayed, and nervously laughed because it occurred to us that life was about to change and never be the same.  So I say that to say, enjoy your time together, and don't hesitate to protect yourself and your family from chaotic situations (before and after birth--in my opinion).  

yeahthat.gif

Oh, and welcome, Janae!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page