Made my first official paranoid run to the hospital yesterday... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...Everything was fine, and I felt kind of dumb, but I am glad I went. 

From 6 A.M to about 4 P.M. baby didn't move much, like, I think I could count maybe 6 definite movements and that's during to of his/her most active times of day, so I was getting a little worried.  I did everything anybody has ever told me about it get baby moving, but even so I would get maybe a real light feeble kick,and I was definitely not racking up my 10 kicks in 12 hours, usually by noon I've lost count of how many kicks I've felt.  So at 4 I took myself to the hospital to get checked out, they monitored the heartbeat, called my doc and said baby looked good. :)  Like I said, I felt dumb and over reactive afterwards, but at the same time, I'm really glad I went.  and, don't ya know it, by about 8 in the evening until about 2 in the morning baby was having a dance party...must have just been changing up the schedule and forgot to let me know!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 08:40 AM

Better safe than sorry!  The doctors have time for you. :)  

For what it's worth, I've found with both my pregnancies that movement got a lot less frequent/violent in the last month.  Babes has gone from total ninja to laid back stretcher in the last week.  Of course, there's also that day to day variation too.  It's hard not to read too much into such an abrupt change!

Glad you're both well, though. :)

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:48 PM

I would have gone as well and you know what: it is their job!

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Old 07-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Hey-- you never know-- better safe than sorry!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 07-07-2011, 01:06 PM

And these final weeks arent bad for youre firts paranoid trip to the hospital. I went 2nd trimester with my first for gas loleyesroll.gif

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

Old 07-07-2011, 01:31 PM

I'm glad everything is ok!  I hate when baby doesn't move a lot, it is so freaky/stressful/lame.  II get tripped out every work morning because it takes at least 2 hours before I feel him....fortunately for me it's pretty consistent as it's just not his time to be awake and he moves if I shove (ie annoy) him enough. 

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM

I'm so glad you got checked out and everything was OK! Here's hoping baby doesn't give you a scare like that again!

When I went to L&D, I was *so* expecting to have them tell me I was being silly and send me home feeling embarrassed--instead I ended up with a just-in-time delivery. So I am firmly in the 'when in doubt, go in!' camp now!

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM

I can sympathize with you.  On the 3rd my little guy was not moving much and when he was it was really small and slow movements.  I was a little bit worried throughout the day.  Fortunately by the end of the day he really started moving around.  It was the first really hot day we had so maybe we were both just not acclimated/adjusted to it. 

I'm glad you went too.  I'm in the better safe than sorry camp.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Meander- I actually remembered your story when I was hesitant to go in!  I'm naturally very hesitant to go to the doctor for myself un-pregnant, and so i kept talking myself out of going to the hospital this time, but then I remembered how you thought it was no big deal and it ended up being something so I went in "just in case"

User Tag List