TMI question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm now finally 37 weeks and wondering... if sex is to help the process along, how does it work best? I mean, can I clean up afterwards or stay put for awhile? Is getting them out the same as getting them in?? wink1.gif

What else should I be doing to help try to not go post dates? Even though, I'd love for it to stay in for another 10 days+

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-09-2011, 08:23 AM

I wondered this too - which part of sex is supposed to help move things along?  Is (my) orgasm necessary? eyesroll.gif DH is awfully eager to lend a hand, but if *my* enthusiasm is necessary, I'm not sure this'll work. ROTFLMAO.gif

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
#3 of 6 Old 07-09-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidaShara View Post

I wondered this too - which part of sex is supposed to help move things along?  Is (my) orgasm necessary? eyesroll.gif DH is awfully eager to lend a hand, but if *my* enthusiasm is necessary, I'm not sure this'll work. ROTFLMAO.gif

LOL! I hear ya! DH is wondering if this is going to be his last prego sex ever and wanting to make the most of it. ROTFLMAO.gif

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#4 of 6 Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 AM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

Yes, You having an Orgasm helps Jump-start Contractions, and gives your uterus a nice workout. If You're not really ready to go into labor though the contraction(s) will taper off and that will be that. So If you don't have the energy or ability to have one, it's not a big deal. I know, It's hard to work up to one in these later months.

But also his Cum contains Prostaglandins which help ripen/soften the cervix and make it easier to dilate and efface.

It's a great combination if you both can manage to Orgasm! But even just playing around helps exercise things and ripen and ready things...

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#5 of 6 Old 07-09-2011, 01:07 PM

They used to say that semen helped move things along but recent research showed that's not really the case.  There isn't enough prostaglandins in it to start labor (you'd need A LOT of semen, LOL).  However, the act of sex can get things moving if you're close to birthing time, just like walking or many other physical activities.  

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

#6 of 6 Old 07-12-2011, 11:53 AM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea_time View Post

They used to say that semen helped move things along but recent research showed that's not really the case.  There isn't enough prostaglandins in it to start labor (you'd need A LOT of semen, LOL).  However, the act of sex can get things moving if you're close to birthing time, just like walking or many other physical activities.  

It's Obviously not enough to induce labor, that's why it's natural and not a medication. But the whole process of Penetration, Ejaculation and Her Orgasm + are good for 'ripening'. It releases natural hormones like Oxytocin which can stimulate contractions. But I apggree, If you're ready anyway, it will help, if your not ready, it's still fun and can help. winky.gifSheepish.gif

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page