Samantha Jade has arrived! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday morning (July 8th, 3 days before DD) at about 3am, I was shifting around trying to get more comfortable in bed, when my water broke and flooded my bedroom, lol. I got up and pulled off the sopping bedding and cleaned myself up, then called my midwives to let them know. (which they had asked me to do) I wasn't having any contractions, but I was too excited to sleep. I eventually laid down for a while to rest, knowing I would need to save my energy for later.

About 5am I started having mild contractions and by 6 I couldn't stay in bed with them any more. They were about 8 minutes apart and gradually increasing in intensity. Since my midwives are a good 90 minutes away, I called them again. They decided to head over just in case. While we were waiting for them my contractions increased to 3 minutes apart and got more intense. Then the midwives got here and my contractions slowed, and then quit all together, lol. It was around 9 am at this point and my midwives decided to go to the beach while I got some rest. I tried to sleep for an hour or so, had a few contractions, got back up.. no contractions. *sigh* At noon I went back to bed fully intending to get some sleep... but when I lay down, the contractions started again.

I lay there in bed for an hour, timing the contractions (about 7 minutes apart) worried that if I got up again they would quit. They got painful enough that I couldn't lay in bed through them any more, so I got up... and the contractions kept going! Yay! They increased in frequency and intensity until they were about 5 minutes apart and about one minute long, and then I called my midwives to have them come back. They were about an hour away at that point and by the time they got here I was contracting every two minutes and having to breathe through them and had my sister rubbing my back and applying lower back pressure.

We had the pool set up and ready, but I wanted to wait until the contractions were too intense to deal with outside of the pool before I got in. Once I reached this point, getting in the pool was such a relief! I was in the pool for about half an hour before I reached transition and felt a little pushy. It was about 4pm at this point and I was so glad to know that I only had one more stage to get through before it would be over. I knew the next part would be hard, but then I would be done.

"Hard" is not an adequate description, lol. The pushing stage was brutal, to put it mildly. I had not been vocalizing though contractions before this, and now I was roaring through each one. My b-i-l was outside with my DD, keeping her entertained, and he said later that he had done some loud singing for her to distract her from the noises in the house, lol.

I had a really hard time getting the baby's head past my pubic bone and I was getting really frustrated and panicky. Fortunately I had a great support team who talked me through it all. Once her head got past my pubic bone and the burning started I forced myself to slow down a little.. but there wasn't a lot of control, my body was doing what it would with little input from me, lol. Finally her head was out and I stood up in the pool. It still took three or four hard pushes to get her shoulders out, but then the rest of her followed right away. I felt instant relief.. and my husband caught her before she could even hit the water. It was about 5pm.

I have a few micro tears, but nothing needing stitches or even all that uncomfortable. Yay!

She weighs 7lb 12oz and is 21 inches long. She has a fuzz of red hair and is absolutely gorgeous!

Samantha:

And here's my mother with both of my daughters. smile.gif

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 PM

DDCC, but I cannot BELIEVE i just saw a thread title with my 17 year old sisters name in it.  LOL  My father chose her name and I chose her middle name.  I thought she was the only Samantha Jade on the planet! Congrats!

#3 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 PM

She's lovely! Congratulations and enjoy your babymoon!

#4 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Wonderful birth story, thanks for sharing! Congrats on your new sweet little one!

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#5 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:48 PM

Congratulations!  Another great birth story!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#6 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:53 PM

She's beautiful!!! Congratulations smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#7 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

DDCC, but I cannot BELIEVE i just saw a thread title with my 17 year old sisters name in it.  LOL  My father chose her name and I chose her middle name.  I thought she was the only Samantha Jade on the planet! Congrats!

DDCC - i had to respond as well.  my name is samantha jane (close enough)

congrats mama and welcome samantha jade!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#8 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 03:01 PM

Beautiful!!!  Congrats mama!

#9 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 03:35 PM

I love it--congratulations! Beautiful name. And big sister looks so excited! smile.gif
#10 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Congrats mama! What a beautiful birth story and a gorgeous baby girl!! Enjoy your babymoon!! joy.gif

winner.jpgFormer WIC Peer Breastfeeding Counselor (2005-2011) now SAHM to bouncy.gif DD (8/2003), thumbsuck.gif DD (8/2008homebirth.jpg ), mate to jammin.gif since 07/2000. Expecting Baby Roo Mid July 2011!  stork-suprise.gifcd.gif

#11 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 04:44 PM

what a lovely story and a beautiful baby!  Happy babymoon!

#12 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Great story, and beautiful baby!  I don't know why, but I have a feeling my labor is going to be a lot like yours.  Just a feeling, all of a sudden!  I wonder!  

Charlotte, mommy to Maggie (July 15th 2008) and Una (July 19th 2011)!
#13 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 05:28 PM

Beautiful, so happy for you - congratulations!

#14 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 05:42 PM

Great story, and a beautiful baby. Congratulations.

#15 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 06:19 PM

hurray!!! congrats mama!

Lisa, Mama to two 2-26-09 and 6-15-11

"Hey baby, do you like trains?"

#16 of 16 Old 07-10-2011, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay! Congrats! I love hearing about all the babies!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page