I was ready for baby, but now if it could just wait a week! lol - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm totally okay if baby decides to come early, in fact I'm hoping for it! Just not this week, last week woulda been fine, and next week would be awesome, but Harry Potter comes out this week, and my docs gonna be outta town, thurs-sun, so sorry baby but this week just wouldn't work for me :P as if I have a choice.  However! my doc checked me today and said I was easily a 1, maybe a 2, and at about 50%, so whoo-hoo! i've been taking the EPO for about 2 weeks and RRL for a few months now, looks like it's working!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 05:34 PM

LOL....I'm kind of in the same boat...I was totally ready last week, but I want baby to wait until after Thursday. My somewhat superficial reason?? There is a huge consignment sale that occurs every 6 months where I live, and we buy all our kids' clothes as well as a lot of b-day and Xmas gifts during it, to save money. This year it feels even more important due to all the medical bills we have coming. And it is THIS week. I usually go to the seller's day, which is Thursday, to get the best selection. And I am due....tomorrow. So I would love baby to hold out until at the earliest, Thursday night, Friday would be better so I can recover from the sale. Yep, I'm a dork.

But, hey, we were supposed to go on a family reunion camping trip this week (scheduled and everyone arranged before I got pregnant) that we had to cancel since baby did not come early, so I figure baby could at least give me this, right?? Heck, I went 40w 2d with DD, having baby Friday would only be 40w 3d-not outside the range of possibility!! I've been having a lot of talks with baby!!

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#3 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 05:45 PM

I am with you ladies! I am due Thursday, but I already bought my tickets to see the Harry Potter at midnight... on Thursday. 

I actually don't get the feeling that the babe is planning on arriving before then, especially since it is my first, but you never know! 

I'm Cait  - married to my best friend Mike and Mama to Theo (7/30/11)  baby.gif

#4 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 06:24 PM

I laughed when I read this cuz I keep telling hubby that if we go to the midnight showing I'll definitely go into labor while we're there and I haven't missed a midnight showing for the last 5 movies!!!!!  I should have planned this pregnancy better...

#5 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

bahaha! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this boat! i know my worries aren't as legit as ya'lls, because I'm due at the end of the month, but still, I feel it would be some sick cosmic joke for me to go into labor at the midnight showing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page