After Pains for those going on their 2nd 3rd 4th plus birthing... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 07-23-2011, 10:53 PM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

YES YES! THEY SUCK!!! DON'T MESS AROUND WITH THEM! BE PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME!!!

This was my 3rd, and MY GAWD THEY HURT SO BAD! It wouldn't be so bad, but the baby was on my belly nursing, and all i could do was rhythmically kick my legs, and writhe in pain. Other wise I would have gotten up and bent over the bed, and rocked like I did in labor. Having to sit still through them is what made them worse than labor. My husband's 'healing touch' (Gentle Pressure on my uterus which took away 75% of Labor Pain) helped a lot, and tylenol took away the edge, and Hot Rice Sock only helped a little, preferred Hubby's Hand. For 2-3 days they were UNBEARABLE then they were just very uncomfortable after that. On my 6th PP day now, and haven't had many more, think they are done. Wish I'd tried Afterease. Or something. BE PREPARED

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#32 of 36 Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Mine have been painful but bearable with baby #4. They definitely hurt. I have to breathe through them like I did through labor contractions but I don't feel like I'm going to jump or crawl out of my skin. I never did get any herbs because I ran out of time. Baby came about a week earlier than I expected. I tried acetaminophen. That didn't do a thing. My MW said to try 600 mg of ibuprofen for the first 6 hours. I swear they were worse after that. So, now I take nothing and just breathe through them. Having something that would ease them would be nice.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#33 of 36 Old 07-28-2011, 02:35 PM

800mg ibuprofin every 4-6 hrs.

If I missed a dose it was unbearable.

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#34 of 36 Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Mine have been painful but bearable with baby #4. They definitely hurt. I have to breathe through them like I did through labor contractions but I don't feel like I'm going to jump or crawl out of my skin. I never did get any herbs because I ran out of time. Baby came about a week earlier than I expected. I tried acetaminophen. That didn't do a thing. My MW said to try 600 mg of ibuprofen for the first 6 hours. I swear they were worse after that. So, now I take nothing and just breathe through them. Having something that would ease them would be nice.

I swear by liquid cal/mag and I also downed a bottle of Afterease the first day so I wouldn't get them- I had minimal afterpains- last time around with baby number 5 they were really tough (even though I also took Afterease) so I think it was the combo. Oh also I've always used Arnica pre and post birth as well.

#35 of 36 Old 07-28-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

I swear by liquid cal/mag

I reread my PP instructions and saw that listed. I had forgotten about it. Of course, now they are much better so I don't need anything anymore.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#36 of 36 Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 PM

Strangely enough the after pains after my fourth birth were nothing! The third was bad, the second was bad and the fourth: nothing!

So don't be afraid before hand!

Barbara, Mama to Isabel (06/2004), Jake (08/2006-03/2007), Noah (01/2008), and Matteo (07/2011) 
Please always research the safety of vaccines even if your doctor tells you they are harmless! novaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page