40 plus week support thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 113 Old 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

awallrising - I hope the castor oil is working for you! I'm going to try it Monday if nothing happens before then. 

I started some homeopathics that my midwife suggested this morning - black and blue cohosh tabs and pulsatilla tabs every few hours. No big changes though - still sporadic cramps, tightenings and such.

Come on baby!  We are SO anxious to meet you!

Hope you all doing well!!

I'm Cait  - married to my best friend Mike and Mama to Theo (7/30/11)  baby.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 113 Old 07-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Another dose of Ambien tonight so  I can sleep.  I keep thinking that this twinge/contraction/cramp has to be it but apparently it's not.  11 days over & counting.  It could be tomorrow (my Dad's 70th b-day) or the day after or I get a C-section Tues or Weds.

On the balance ball tonight while I watch TV.  Will take a shower before bed & hope to wake up til labor.  This is truly an exercise in patience....and I am not a patient person at all.

Castor Oil again the morning....blech!

I hope someone is in labor & getting their babies out.  I want to be next!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#63 of 113 Old 07-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Castor oil for me tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous about it, but willing to try anything at this point.

If that doesn't work, I have a NST scheduled for Tuesday morning and will be asking for a vigorous sweep of the membranes. I'm going to try to get in with the acupuncturist as well.

Anyone else having any luck?

#64 of 113 Old 07-24-2011, 03:15 PM

So all of my contractions, aches, pains, various treatments, ingesting castor oil twice, seems to all be for nothing.  My MW cannot figure out why this is happening, but perhaps there is a good reason for me not going into labor.  C/S will most likely be scheduled for this Tues (42w).  The baby is doing well & the MWs would let me go longer, but I just can't do it.  I'm dehydrated, exhausted & can't take any more.  I've been at 80% effaced & 1 cm for days (no progress despite a lot of discomfort), the baby did drop a little but not enough.

I have been in tears all day & can hardly talk to anyone, including MWs, doula, DH, etc.  Trying to get a few smiles from spending some time with my sweet & wild DS.  I can't even begin to express my disappointment.  greensad.gif

At least I will be holding Finn in a few days & we can move forward as a family of 4.

I hope everyone who's left has better luck than me getting the birth they want.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#65 of 113 Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 PM

cupcait- I highly recommend castor oil in vodka with an OJ chaser!  It goes down very easy.  2 oz castor oil, 1 shot vodka, shake it up, gulp it down, chase with OJ.

#66 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 05:46 AM

Hello Ladies,

I've been lurking on this thread since I knew I'd be going past 40 weeks, and now I've gone and made it official. We have slow cooking ovens in my and my husbands family. My husband, all his siblings, my siblings and I were all 43 week babies. My daughter was 12 days past EDD and who knows with this one? This birth I've planned a home birth but my midwife is only allowed to let me go to 42weeks.  I wasn't even expecting to think about giving birth till August but then on Thursday I had some strong BH and I thought maybe... just maybe.  Nothing since though. What happened to my patience?

#67 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 05:52 AM

I'm 40+3 today, lots of braxton hicks. In the past week false labor twice. Today I'm going to see my midwife for my first sweep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed although I was 9 &12 days past edd with my other two.

July 25th sounds good, come on little one, your mama wants to see you.namaste.gif

#68 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

So all of my contractions, aches, pains, various treatments, ingesting castor oil twice, seems to all be for nothing.  My MW cannot figure out why this is happening, but perhaps there is a good reason for me not going into labor.  C/S will most likely be scheduled for this Tues (42w).  The baby is doing well & the MWs would let me go longer, but I just can't do it.  I'm dehydrated, exhausted & can't take any more.  I've been at 80% effaced & 1 cm for days (no progress despite a lot of discomfort), the baby did drop a little but not enough.

I have been in tears all day & can hardly talk to anyone, including MWs, doula, DH, etc.  Trying to get a few smiles from spending some time with my sweet & wild DS.  I can't even begin to express my disappointment.  greensad.gif

At least I will be holding Finn in a few days & we can move forward as a family of 4.

(((hugs)))

#69 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMom View Post

Hello Ladies,

I've been lurking on this thread since I knew I'd be going past 40 weeks, and now I've gone and made it official. We have slow cooking ovens in my and my husbands family. My husband, all his siblings, my siblings and I were all 43 week babies. My daughter was 12 days past EDD and who knows with this one? This birth I've planned a home birth but my midwife is only allowed to let me go to 42weeks.  I wasn't even expecting to think about giving birth till August but then on Thursday I had some strong BH and I thought maybe... just maybe.  Nothing since though. What happened to my patience?

My midwife said she couldn't legally attend my birth as a midwife after 42 weeks but would do so as a doula and in the case of an emergency I would just have to go to the hospital without her or have her come along as a *friend*. The other midwife was totally cool with me going post dates though and would attend as a MW.

#70 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

So sorry you're not getting the birth you've been hoping for - here's to a speedy recovery and sweet baby in your arms VERY soon! 

As for me, I got the REDLIGHT on castor oil this morning because another mom in my midwife practice went into labor. After I got off the phone with the midwife, I cried. Who cries about wanting to take castor oil? Me, the nearly 42 weeks pregnant lady. I just feel like my body isn't doing anything at all. 

I'm going for my NST tomorrow morning, a membrane sweep and then most likely doing the castor oil afterwards. I am so done. 

#71 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 AM

My MIL keeps calling just to check in. I love the lady, and she's really sweet, but I feel like a watched pot at this point. 

I came into work this morning (my due date was over the weekend) and three people have said, "I see you haven't had that baby yet." Thanks, Captain Obvious! :(

It's crap like this that just makes me want to crawl into a hole with my knitting. I'm getting a membrane sweep on Friday. I was thinking about doing the Prostin gel this week, but there are too many side-effects, and I still want to give my body the opportunity to go into labor naturally. I just wish it would hurry the hell up!

#72 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoEngland View Post

My MIL keeps calling just to check in. I love the lady, and she's really sweet, but I feel like a watched pot at this point. 

I came into work this morning (my due date was over the weekend) and three people have said, "I see you haven't had that baby yet." Thanks, Captain Obvious! :(

It's crap like this that just makes me want to crawl into a hole with my knitting. I'm getting a membrane sweep on Friday. I was thinking about doing the Prostin gel this week, but there are too many side-effects, and I still want to give my body the opportunity to go into labor naturally. I just wish it would hurry the hell up!

JoEngland - so with you on the watched pot feeling. My MIL has been calling/emailing and I know she means well and is excited, but it is SO annoying to me. I woke up to email from her at 7am this morning about how it can be any day now - well, obviously considering that I'm nearly 42 weeks pregnant. I feel bad getting frustrated with her but I just am over it. I just want people to leave me alone.

I just want it to be tomorrow morning so I can at least see if I've made any progress since last Thursday at my last appointment and get a good membrane sweep. I feel like I need some kind of plan of action to keep myself sane these days. I actually feel like this baby is never going to come out. 

#73 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 AM

I think this is fantastic: http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com
#74 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

LOVE IT. Just posted it my facebook to ward off some of the daily questions.

#75 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:

That is now my twitter and facebook status!

#76 of 113 Old 07-25-2011, 01:16 PM

I've mostly been lurking over the past few months, but I feel compelled to post today. I'm 40w 3d. And I just feel so done. I expected, all along, to go past my "due date," but I'm feeling impatient regardless. I don't have to tell you all that being this pregnant in this heat is miserable! I haven't had any signs of impending labo, but every day I hope that something will happen! I was induced with DS and never had the experience of going into labor on my own, so I'm actually look it...I'm just hoping it happens soon!

*looking forward to it (I can't move my cursor back to edit)
#77 of 113 Old 07-26-2011, 12:28 PM

NST was good today and  I had them sweep my membranes again. Finally got some bloody-show type of stuff going on. The game plan is to do castor oil tomorrow and hopefully have a baby soon after that.

I told my husband last night that I actually feel like a crazy person and that I am at my my wits end waiting. Fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow.

Labor vibes to all you ladies waiting still!

#78 of 113 Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcait View Post

JoEngland - so with you on the watched pot feeling. My MIL has been calling/emailing and I know she means well and is excited, but it is SO annoying to me. I woke up to email from her at 7am this morning about how it can be any day now - well, obviously considering that I'm nearly 42 weeks pregnant. I feel bad getting frustrated with her but I just am over it. I just want people to leave me alone.

I just want it to be tomorrow morning so I can at least see if I've made any progress since last Thursday at my last appointment and get a good membrane sweep. I feel like I need some kind of plan of action to keep myself sane these days. I actually feel like this baby is never going to come out. 

Now everyone at work is asking me about the baby. The whole reason I'm still coming into the office is to keep my mind off of the fact that I am still pregnant and the baby is not here. It's too hot to walk outside and I'm just tired of answering everyone's questions. This summer has just been so miserable!

Cupcait: Did you make any progress? Any contractions or changes from the sweep? I'm definitely going to get a sweep on Friday at my appointment, assuming I'm effaced enough. 

#79 of 113 Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcait View Post

NST was good today and  I had them sweep my membranes again. Finally got some bloody-show type of stuff going on. The game plan is to do castor oil tomorrow and hopefully have a baby soon after that.

I told my husband last night that I actually feel like a crazy person and that I am at my my wits end waiting. Fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow.

Labor vibes to all you ladies waiting still!

Well that answers my question! Sending good vibes, hoping you go into labor soon! goodvibes.gif

#80 of 113 Old 07-26-2011, 01:13 PM

Had my midwife appointment yesterday they didn't want to do a sweep because they were all tired from all the births this past weekend....not happy. I'm 40+4 today and just want this little out. I have been pregnant for over a year ( I was pregnant last summer for 13 weeks, miscarried and was pregnant with this one a month later) so I am done. Although I too feel as if it is never going to end. I've tried walking, sex, acupressure points, and nothing. I know I should be more patient since I was late with my last two, but I just can't help it. I actually think I will so much better and get more sleep if I had this little one. This pregnancy has been hard on my body.

I love how I've asked, even begged the little one to come out, but already she's not listeningROTFLMAO.gif

#81 of 113 Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

Had my midwife appointment yesterday they didn't want to do a sweep because they were all tired from all the births this past weekend....not happy. I'm 40+4 today and just want this little out. I have been pregnant for over a year ( I was pregnant last summer for 13 weeks, miscarried and was pregnant with this one a month later) so I am done. Although I too feel as if it is never going to end. I've tried walking, sex, acupressure points, and nothing. I know I should be more patient since I was late with my last two, but I just can't help it. I actually think I will so much better and get more sleep if I had this little one. This pregnancy has been hard on my body.

I love how I've asked, even begged the little one to come out, but already she's not listeningROTFLMAO.gif

Oh you poor thing, pregnant for a year! hug.gif

I have been trying *everything* too and I'm feeling so frustrated. Why is it so hard to be patient? It can't be much longer now! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. My first came just after 39 weeks so this past 2 weeks has felt like an eternity! Serves me right for having expectations I guess.

My plan for the rest of the day: scrub all the floors in my house on my hands and knees, make DH give me prostaglandins (again) and lots of sitting on yoga ball and squatting.

The only thing so far that's given me some good contractions has been DTD, but they always fizzle out and stop after about 2 hours. Argh !!

Hang in there ladies! Labor dust to you all!
#82 of 113 Old 07-26-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

Wait a minute. I saw your video of you doing the pole dance! You look great at 40+4! 

I think that's pretty unfair that your midwife practice didn't want to do a sweep because "they were all tired from all the births this past weekend." What about you? I would have been pretty pissed, honestly.

#83 of 113 Old 07-26-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Oh you poor thing, pregnant for a year! hug.gif

I have been trying *everything* too and I'm feeling so frustrated. Why is it so hard to be patient? It can't be much longer now! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. My first came just after 39 weeks so this past 2 weeks has felt like an eternity! Serves me right for having expectations I guess.

My plan for the rest of the day: scrub all the floors in my house on my hands and knees, make DH give me prostaglandins (again) and lots of sitting on yoga ball and squatting.

The only thing so far that's given me some good contractions has been DTD, but they always fizzle out and stop after about 2 hours. Argh !!

Hang in there ladies! Labor dust to you all!

DTD contrax afterwards would also fizzle out- I would also sit in the tub twiddling my nipples and get some good strong BH's but they too would fizzle out. I swear by my acu induction and it also shortens labor time and really did in my case. I also megadosed on red raspberry (starting using tinctures and capsules as well as tea which I had been using all along) and megadosed on Borage oil (it's stronger than EPO) and I think it helped as well as using 4 different homeopathics daily- I also used caulliphylum in labor several times and I think that also contributed to a rapid labor/birth. One thing I will say which is weird the two pregnancies I did use Borage/EPO towards the end even though I wasn't more than 1 Cm dilated when labor began those 2 labors were very rapid. My only hesitancy in using it this time was that my 15 YO son's birth was very quick (whole thing under an hour as well) but he passed mec and I was scared that would happen again. My new baby passed mec within 30 minutes of birth and it was profuse so I don't know if there's a link there with my megadosing and homeopathics or if it was just a coincidence. In any event- I am wishing you ladies strong labor vibes, I was really at the end of my rope being 10 days later, no air con and a heat wave and baby still chose to be born on hottest day of month!

#84 of 113 Old 07-27-2011, 05:21 AM

Just downed a castor oil smoothie and a lot of water to help stay hydrated today. I've been having bloody show and losing plug since yesterday so those are positive signs that baby is ready! 

Went walking at an outdoor mall with my sister and three nieces last night for a few hours in hopes to get baby in a good position. It definitely got me some contractions and pretty achey back last night before bed. So exciting!

Now I'm going to try and sleep a bit more! Good luck mamas who are waiting.

#85 of 113 Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 AM

41 and 1 day here! Still don't have many pre-labor signs~Have my NST tomorrow and then MW appt after where I will likely get swept :) My midwife is full this end of the month and has a mama 14 days over now, so maybe we are all just waiting on some space to birth in. I would honestly have a rested and refreshed midwife attending for safety and attention than a tired and overworked one, so you could think of that as a good thing...

Hang in there mama's, my favorite lyric and song includes~" All good things in all good time".

#86 of 113 Old 07-27-2011, 11:37 AM

Castor oil seems to be doing something - I am having some light contractions every 10-15 minutes for awhile now. Hopefully they pick up soon! Lots of bloody show today too. 

#87 of 113 Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 PM

40+5 days here...I took castor oil on Sunday and had a whole night of contractions 2-4 mins apart that just went away by morning...this is baby number 4 and I'm just stunned that that was not the real thing! Disappointed and not thinking I'll take it again - it just wasn't worth it.  Saw my midwife today - they don't do any vaginal checks here at all so I've got no way to get a stretch and sweep done unless I can convince DH to do it - I can't reach my cervix.  I've got until next friday to have this baby or I'll lose my homebirth...REALLY don't want that. Tonight it's a bit stormy outside and it sure feels like a good night to have a baby. 

New moon this weekend - maybe that will do the trick for us all???? labour vibesdust.gif

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#88 of 113 Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 PM

40 weeks 6 days... I saw my midwife today and had a NST and cervical check. The baby is doing great and I'm 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She tried to stretch my cervix a bit and that hurt. I've had some pretty strong contractions over the past few days and one while I was on the monitor today.I have a sonogram tomorrow and I'm scheduled for a foley induction on Tuesday. I really hope it doesn't come to that.
#89 of 113 Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 PM

41+1 today and just got home from a midwife appointment. Baby is doing great and is really really low in my pelvis. Midwife says anytime this weekend works great for her, but no pressure LOL. Out of all her current clients I'm next to go!

I've had prodromal action for the past 3 nights, lots of mucus but unfortunately no blood. My goodness I am just exhausted! Sitting on yoga ball now, just ate a bunch of pineapple. Gonna have DH do pressure points on my ankles again, watch a movie, eat a good dinner. I just want to be done. Baby I'm ready when you are! Come onnnnnn!
#90 of 113 Old 07-28-2011, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

41+1 today and just got home from a midwife appointment. Baby is doing great and is really really low in my pelvis. Midwife says anytime this weekend works great for her, but no pressure LOL. Out of all her current clients I'm next to go!

I've had prodromal action for the past 3 nights, lots of mucus but unfortunately no blood. My goodness I am just exhausted! Sitting on yoga ball now, just ate a bunch of pineapple. Gonna have DH do pressure points on my ankles again, watch a movie, eat a good dinner. I just want to be done. Baby I'm ready when you are! Come onnnnnn!

I kept eating eggplant too(supposed to help)- my last meal (night before) was eggplant.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page