40 plus week support thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2011, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Officially hit 40 weeks today.  I'm ready to go anytime.  My mom is out for 3 more weeks and she is anxiously awaiting his arrival (no pressure though).  We arranged it so that even if I went to 42 weeks that she would still be around for at least a week to enjoy his sweetness.

My MW says Wed is a good day for her.  Her and her assistant both have "clear" schedules.   Come out baby, come out!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 AM

How are all you ladies feeling today?  I'm 40+4 and woke up to crazy nausea and loose bowels... My husband laughed that I'm the only person to feel happy about that. I'm just hoping it's the start of something.  I can barely walk anymore from the pubic pain and my 2 year old is going nutso without a mommy who can jump and climb with her.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:17 AM

41 weeks today.  Baby is lower which is good but more uncomfortable. My homebirth midwife called today and while she's very laid back and thinks waiting is better, she offered to at least do a "sweep".  I'm hoping it gets something going and it'll be my first check so I'll get to at least know what's going on with my cervix as I can't reach it.

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 AM

My sonogram went well! Baby is super cute and super ready to come out... now she just needs to do so!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:50 AM

LOVE this!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatemama1 View Post

41+3 today!

My main goals:

• Ignore constant "Baby?-before-saying-hello" inquiries
  • Remember that an 'average' 1st timer birth is around 41.5
  • When I say I was "due" a week ago, to not feel bad when someone responds "Oh my gawd are you ok?" Not to feel like I have a defect cuz I didn't bust out into labor right on my "due date"
  • Continue to cherish these final days of my awesome belly and all the time I get with just me & baby
  • Take advantage of the time now to eat well and sleep well

I must admit I am a little nervous because I have been feeling very few pre-labor symptoms and the only thing I have to rely on is the faith I have in myself and that my body works and can totally do this. But, maybe like other women, too, I wonder: What if I'm the first woman whose baby never comes out? Then I laugh it off... yet secretly keep doubting... no, but really...

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

Old 07-29-2011, 10:40 PM

40+5 today. We were in a Borders bookstore, trying to get the deals while the getting is good, and while waiting in line, a woman says, "Wow. That looks uncomfortable! When are you due?" 

My DH, bless him, saw my face and responded so that I wouldn't fly off the handle. 

We did a sweep today, and while I did have a few good contractions shortly thereafter, still no labor. Our OB said she wants to see us back on Tuesday, when we'll talke Castor Oil and Black Cohosh, to see if we're in good shape to go in that direction.

Really trying to not get discouraged, but it's so freaking hard considering how many people are constantly asking about the baby ...

Old 07-30-2011, 08:06 AM

41 + 1 and I'm feeling down today. I had a few strong contractions yesterday and called DH to come home from work. By the time he got home, they'd fizzled to nothing. I lost a lot of bloody mucous yesterday, presumably due to Thursday's stretch and sweep... and I woke up at 2 this morning and lost what had to be the rest of my mucous plug. But still, nothing. I feel this foley induction looming on the horizon, and I want to cancel it. If it doesn't work, I have to have a RCS and I really can't handle that. I'm frustrated, but I'd still rather wait. Maybe the new moon will get things rolling.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:30 AM

I'm 41+1 today and I shouldn't be surprised that I'm late since I was 9 & 12 days late with my last two, but I'm somewhat frustrated. I've been pregnant for over a year!!!!! I got pregnant June 2010 miscarried in Sept, and was pregnant in Oct 2010. I was just so hoping this little one would be on time. In the last week I've tried everything, homeopathy, sex, acupunture, massage, walking even pineapple. I've had lots of contractions and thought I was in early labor twice, but no. I haven't been checked yet by my midwives as they have been too "busy" with other births so didn't want to do a sweep with me yet. They said I had to book an induction date just in case witch is Aug 3 (12 days past my edd). I don't want to be induced, it just sounds so painful plus it means I would have to be in the hospital (I've had 2 previous home water births). They sent me for an ultrasound yesterday to make sure baby was good, and she is, I'm suppose to go again on Tuesday if I haven't had her by then. It doesn't help that everyone is asking is today the day, how you feeling maybe you should do.....    Right like I would have a baby and not let anyone know; at this point I just want to be left alone, and have this baby come when she's ready  in a relaxed environment. I just don't feel relaxed these days, just anxious to meet this one, but its out of my hands. God I hate not having control...lol

Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 AM

JoEngland  since we have the same EDD I totally feel your anticipation frustration.  If I hear one more "Where's that baby?" I'm gonna cry. 

I took  castor oil at my midwife's recommendation this morning hoping to get something going, but all I've got is some TMI bowels going on but no contractions not even a uncomfortable cramp. 

Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMom View Post

JoEngland  since we have the same EDD I totally feel your anticipation frustration.  If I hear one more "Where's that baby?" I'm gonna cry. 

I took  castor oil at my midwife's recommendation this morning hoping to get something going, but all I've got is some TMI bowels going on but no contractions not even a uncomfortable cramp. 

Really hope you get something going! Keep us updated!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

I'm 41+1 today and I shouldn't be surprised that I'm late since I was 9 & 12 days late with my last two, but I'm somewhat frustrated. I've been pregnant for over a year!!!!! I got pregnant June 2010 miscarried in Sept, and was pregnant in Oct 2010. I was just so hoping this little one would be on time. In the last week I've tried everything, homeopathy, sex, acupunture, massage, walking even pineapple. I've had lots of contractions and thought I was in early labor twice, but no. I haven't been checked yet by my midwives as they have been too "busy" with other births so didn't want to do a sweep with me yet. They said I had to book an induction date just in case witch is Aug 3 (12 days past my edd). I don't want to be induced, it just sounds so painful plus it means I would have to be in the hospital (I've had 2 previous home water births). They sent me for an ultrasound yesterday to make sure baby was good, and she is, I'm suppose to go again on Tuesday if I haven't had her by then. It doesn't help that everyone is asking is today the day, how you feeling maybe you should do.....    Right like I would have a baby and not let anyone know; at this point I just want to be left alone, and have this baby come when she's ready  in a relaxed environment. I just don't feel relaxed these days, just anxious to meet this one, but its out of my hands. God I hate not having control...lol

I think someone else posted this before that their midwife didn't want to do a stretch and sweep because they were too busy with other people's births. I think that's completely unfair, considering that they're putting you in the realm of perhaps going to induction instead of trying other less invasive interventions first. Is it possible to get in with a different midwife? 

I'm scheduled for an induction on Aug. 8 and that's totally freaking me out, too. I hate to think that this baby and I are on a deadline, but that's exactly what it is. :(

Old 07-30-2011, 01:56 PM

JoEngland - I'm in the same boat as you. the deadline is looming.

Just had a bit of a discouraging conversation with my midwife. She came and did a second stretch and sweep tonight and said I'm 3 cm, 50% effaced and very soft which all sounded good to me (this is baby #4) but then she said - "but I think if we have a baby by Friday, we'll be lucky!" 'Lucky?', I say. 'Yes, lucky. Sorry.'....Friday is the day I'm scheduled to go to the hospital for my 'postdates assessment' at 42 weeks. She said that if baby and placenta, fluid etc are all healthy and good then then probably won't induce me until the Monday.  Technically I should lose the ability to have a homebirth on Friday but she said she'd stick her neck out for me and attend me over the weekend but by Monday morning her hands are tied.

I'm so upset right now. My mum has been staying with us for 4 weeks now and is supposed to leave this Monday morning. Now she's looking at changing her tickets. I feel like my other kids are missing out on summer holidays because I'm just too tired and uncomfortable to go too far from home and DH is still at work.  I've had 3 birth center/ home births and I REALLY don't want to be induced in the hospital -especially in a country where I don't know the system so well.  I just never thought I'd be here again with baby number 4. I thought for sure he'd be around the same as number 3 or earlier...

Please, baby come out...Mamma, is sooo wanting a peaceful, non-stressful start for you and really wants to hold you and kiss you!!!!

Off to cry some more......

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
Old 07-30-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoEngland View Post

Wait a minute. I saw your video of you doing the pole dance! You look great at 40+4! 

I think that's pretty unfair that your midwife practice didn't want to do a sweep because "they were all tired from all the births this past weekend." What about you? I would have been pretty pissed, honestly.

Trust me I am pissed, not impressed at all with this midwife practice, but they are the only one in the area. Did I mention that I didn't want to know the sex of my baby, but my one midwife when leaving the results of the amnio I had on the machine also left the sex of the baby; yes this midwife experience has not been good. But I want a home water birth and the hospital here only allows you to labor in the tub not give birth. So I need to bite my tongue until the baby comes and than they will get a full review of what I think about their practice.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:56 PM

Wow there are so many of us waiting, lets hope that being frustrated, uncomfortable, being big through this heat, the false labor and everything else that comes with being late means we will have a easy fast labor and a wonderful recovery. I am so looking forward to us all getting there soon. ROTFLMAO.gifIts nice to know I'm not alone.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:30 PM

While I understand being frustrated while playing the waiting game ( I am 41+ 5 ) I think it is so important to remember 2 things. Babies want and know when to come. The stress and anxiety we are putting out might have some effect on their impending time to do so. AND where the midwives and homebirth practices are concerned. I think we have to have respect and acknowledge that sometimes their hands are tied in the jacked up ob/hospital/back-up doctor system and to keep home births available for all  women, not just our personal scenario, sometimes these protocols have to be followed. Until our system and our states recognize the strengths and facts of midwifery and home/birth center births, I think a midwife honestly telling a client that she is too tired or burnt from a rapid few days of births, is responsible and safe. (bummer about the revealing of sex though 1fitmama) ...So is ordering NST tests at appropriate times and just having back up ob/hospital care should be considered pretty fortunate. That door must remain open for this style of birthing to continue and grow. If we want to keep these courageous women in practice and keep home and birth center births safe, isn't it best to look a bit beyond our own desires? Or consider the other road of an unassisted birth if one feels so confident in the process.

Anyhoo my two cents as I feel really strongly on home birth availability and the opportunity to have a midwife attended birth for all women everywhere. Trying to look at the big picture here while taming hormones and yes, waiting like all you gals :)

Labor Dust to all...goodvibes.gif

Old 07-30-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

I am so looking forward to us all getting there soon. ROTFLMAO.gifIts nice to know I'm not alone.

yeahthat.gif

Old 07-31-2011, 04:16 AM

Today I am officially past 40 weeks (40w1d) and I actually prefer to WAIT to go into labor until after the weekend.  I feel like I'm on borrowed time now, so I might as well enjoy the (possibly) last weekend I will ever have of not being a parent, but I am sure I will get antsy again this week.  I definitely feel the pressure of everyone wanting me to have this baby, but I don't really care.  I'm only worried about being induced and I'll start worrying about that more seriously when I make my next Dr's appt. 

I hope everyone goes into labor this week!!!!!!

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
Old 07-31-2011, 01:21 PM

So besides wondering if that last cramp or contraction is the one to get us started, what have you ladies been up to today?  I'm making a cherry pie.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMom View Post

So besides wondering if that last cramp or contraction is the one to get us started, what have you ladies been up to today?  I'm making a cherry pie.

I cleaned out the chicken coop and am making vegan bean and nut loafs to freeze. My sister is on her way to help me tidy this disaster area up! So thankful for the help, especially since all DH wants to do is lay around and watch baseball. Hey, with this heat (30th 100+ degree day in a row) I don't really blame him, but it is getting irritating!

Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM

Ohhhhh a cherry pie!  I love making pie.  That may be on my list of things to do tomorrow if I'm still baby free!  Today has been a lazy Sunday....took a walk, took nap, made a fruit salad, my husband just started grilling, and another walk after dinner. 

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
Old 07-31-2011, 03:44 PM

Yell: I wish I could go for a walk outside! It's already 104 here. Do you live in the Pacific Northwest? 

Old 08-01-2011, 04:09 AM

104, ouch!   I wish I was in the Pacific Northwest, we live in Pennsylvania.  Don't get me wrong, it was HOT and HUMID here yesterday (and today), but I knew if I didn't get some physical activity I would never fall asleep at night. 

I'm sort of bummed because I need to call my Dr and make another appt this week and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to.  I also wasn't planning on an August baby since the hospital we are delivering at said it's the busiest month of the year for them (an already busy hospital). UGH CMON BABY!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 AM

This morning we are going in for the biophysical.  When we get home I'm going to clean like a madwoman because I have nothing better to do. I'm so ready for this baby!

User Tag List