40 plus week support thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay- here I am at 40 plus weeks trying to hang in there. Who else is here with me? How are you doing?

#2 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 07:35 AM

41+3 today!

My main goals:

• Ignore constant "Baby?-before-saying-hello" inquiries
  • Remember that an 'average' 1st timer birth is around 41.5
  • When I say I was "due" a week ago, to not feel bad when someone responds "Oh my gawd are you ok?" Not to feel like I have a defect cuz I didn't bust out into labor right on my "due date"
  • Continue to cherish these final days of my awesome belly and all the time I get with just me & baby
  • Take advantage of the time now to eat well and sleep well

I must admit I am a little nervous because I have been feeling very few pre-labor symptoms and the only thing I have to rely on is the faith I have in myself and that my body works and can totally do this. But, maybe like other women, too, I wonder: What if I'm the first woman whose baby never comes out? Then I laugh it off... yet secretly keep doubting... no, but really...

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#3 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm here.  40+3 by my calculations (40+1 by my midwife's).  I just scheduled an induction for next Thursday so I am hoping things get going before then.  I really thought this baby would be early, so I feel way more overdue than I actually am.  I am so done being patient at this point.  I hope you're in a better frame of mind than I am. 

#4 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 07:43 AM

I'm with you guys! 

I'm just trying to keep myself as occupied as possible as I'm not working and I don't want to just be sitting around waiting for labor to start. 

What I try to do is have something (even if it's small) to do every day. I have gone to new farmer's markets, met friends for lunch or coffee, went swimming, saw Harry Potter last night at midnight and I think I'm going to treat myself to a mani/pedi one of these days soon.

I too am trying to ignore all the "when's that baby coming?" and requests that I "have that baby soon' so our family can meet him/her. I actually have put my phone on silent and am ignoring everyone! If I knew the exact date the baby was coming, I would let you know! And obviously my husband and I are probably more excited than anyone else to meet our first child! I love our families and I'm glad they are excited for this baby but they can be very frustrating. None of them can understand that a due date  is just a date in the middle of a window of time when baby can arrive! Grrr!

Hope all you ladies hang in there and that labor starts soon for you!!! 

I'm Cait  - married to my best friend Mike and Mama to Theo (7/30/11)  baby.gif

#5 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcait View Post

I too am trying to ignore all the "when's that baby coming?" and requests that I "have that baby soon' so our family can meet him/her. I actually have put my phone on silent and am ignoring everyone! If I knew the exact date the baby was coming, I would let you know! And obviously my husband and I are probably more excited than anyone else to meet our first child! I love our families and I'm glad they are excited for this baby but they can be very frustrating. None of them can understand that a due date  is just a date in the middle of a window of time when baby can arrive! Grrr!

Totally! My mom emailed me the other day, Baby yet? And I was thinking: Trust me mom, when the baby is here I will let you know! :) I turned my "phone" on silent, too (my Skype account :)

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#6 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 08:26 AM

Due today. This is baby #4 for us and we've never made it to our due date before (#1 was a week early, #2 a week early, and #3 3 or 4 days early). Just hanging out and seeing what happens.

S*

Sarah, Mom to Theo (8/06), Penny (1/08) and Felix 10/30) #4 due 07/11
#7 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM

I am stressed & starting to obsess even though I'm only 3 days over due.  I was 18 days overdue with DS.

I was hoping that this time, I would go close to due date since the problem with DS was rare & shouldn't happen again.  I cannot be induced this time but am trying everything natural I can manage, acupuncture, homeopathy, massage, balance ball, essential oils, EPO (which I can't seem to get on my cervix), etc.  I hope I can avoid castor oil, it made me puke last time......and I'm totally not in the mood for sex.

I'm scheduled for my 41 wk appt next tues & a U/S. I hope I don't get there.  If I'm dilated enough at the next MW visit, they can try to strip my membranes, might prescribe a stronger dose of homeopathic stuff & whatever other tricks they have.

If I knew it was going to be a few more days, I'd be ok but the waiting & wondering is killing me.  I just want to go into labor & have a nice water birth.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#8 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

If I knew it was going to be a few more days, I'd be ok but the waiting & wondering is killing me.  I just want to go into labor & have a nice water birth.

Same and I'm also 3 days overdue as well. EPO well it's a pain getting it up there- just inserted another one!

#9 of 113 Old 07-15-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Midwife suggested an acu appointment so I have one tonight as well as homeopathics so we shall see what that brings.

#10 of 113 Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM

Had my 3rd acupuncture appt yesterday (she's doing them for free now since I'm overdue which is nice!)

Every morning that I wake up & haven't gone into labor feels like a big disappointment...even though I try to rationalize that I'm only 4 days overdue.

They need to design something for easier EPO insertion!

DH came home with a bunch of presents from his co-workers which was a really welcome surprise since we haven't gotten any baby gifts yet.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#11 of 113 Old 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Had my 3rd acupuncture appt yesterday (she's doing them for free now since I'm overdue which is nice!)

Every morning that I wake up & haven't gone into labor feels like a big disappointment...even though I try to rationalize that I'm only 4 days overdue.

They need to design something for easier EPO insertion!

DH came home with a bunch of presents from his co-workers which was a really welcome surprise since we haven't gotten any baby gifts yet.

I know how you feel- my MW did a sweep today and nothing but at least I am 2 cent dilated which is 1 more than last week- she says I am still only 75% effaced so to take 2 capsules EPO and do the insertion at night. Both midwives feel this baby is around 9 pounds now so I think I may be mentally holding back somewhat.

#12 of 113 Old 07-17-2011, 11:35 AM

Going to see Harry Potter movie at 4pm....that means I should go into labor between 4 & 7 right?  Yeah, wishful thinking.

I think I'm traumatized from being so overdue last time with DS & then needing an Emer C/S.  No reason to think it'll happen again this time, but it was a big deal at the time.

#13 of 113 Old 07-17-2011, 12:19 PM

And one of my closet friends texts me EVERY DAY to ask about the baby......like I will tell you when he arrives!

#14 of 113 Old 07-17-2011, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

I hear ya- so sick of being pregnant- doing 3 different homeopathics and tons of EPO now.........hopefully something happens soon.

#15 of 113 Old 07-17-2011, 07:15 PM

Once again I'm overdue. I'm 40+6, no baby in sight. I barely even have prelabor, but I am soooooo uncomfortable. Tomorrow my mw is going to try and strip my membranes again and if that doesn't work I'm getting induced at my request tuesday or wednesday.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#16 of 113 Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 AM

I put in EPO last time & must have "hit" something b/c I got a lot of bright red blood.  I thought it was the beginning of something but apparently not.  Going back to bed....I feel like staying there until labor starts.

#17 of 113 Old 07-18-2011, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I put in EPO last time & must have "hit" something b/c I got a lot of bright red blood.  I thought it was the beginning of something but apparently not.  Going back to bed....I feel like staying there until labor starts.

Perhaps that's good! I'm calling for an acu appointment today again..........

#18 of 113 Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 AM

MW said I probably bumped my cervix & hit some blood vessels, no labor.  :-(

Going for my Biophysical profile & to see the MWs tomorrow.  I hope I've made more progress & can have my membranes swept or something to get things moving.

My crappy insurance company better not hassle me about this test!  

#19 of 113 Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

yes, I hope you can have your membranes sweeped (it did nothing for me the other day LOL). I have an acu appointment tomorrow and other MW coming over soon. I just want labor to start for crying out loud!!!

#20 of 113 Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 AM

I have been having some mucus (maybe the plug?) coming out the past several days and this is probably TMI, but lots of diarrhea. I'm hoping this is some sort of impending labor sign. I see my midwives tomorrow for an NST and hopefully a membrane sweep as well. I am so anxious to meet this little baby!

awallrising - I totally hear you on friends/family asking if there's a baby yet! I'll obviously let them know when the babe has arrived! 

Sending dust.gif labor vibes to everyone here! It's hard waiting out these last few weeks/days. 

#21 of 113 Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 AM

cupcait- looks like we're in the same boat.  I also have my NST & (hopefully) a membrane sweep tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for all of us overdue Mamas!

#22 of 113 Old 07-18-2011, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

I have a 3 day acu induction scheduled the next 3 days- acu says most clients don't show up for third appointment- let's hope!

#23 of 113 Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 PM

Just got back from my appointment with the midwives - NST was totally fine so that's good. I had her do an internal exam and am 80% effaced and 1.5 centimeter dilated. Hopefully soon! My midwife said she thinks within the next few days and I'm really hoping so. 

How's everyone else doing?

#24 of 113 Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM

The biophysical profile & NST were great.  I'm having contractions, am 50% effaced but barely 1cm dilated (MW had to really push to get in finger in).  Am feeling a little dejected about the prospect of another C/S.  At least I can go to 42 wks and anything can happen in a week, right?

So the plan is for another NST on Friday (maybe some membrane stripping if I dilate more), then Castor Oil & Dr Christopher's on Saturday & somewhere in there the MWs will call their back-up Dr to get the C/S on the books for Tues.

In a way, it's good to know that I will have a baby by next Tues & at most I only have 1 more week to go!  My last C/S was a relative breeze, but I was really knocked out for it & didn't feel like I experienced the birth.  Since I'm 41, I don't think I'll have another chance at a natural/water birth.

Please cervix open, please baby drop, please let me go into labor soon so I can experience my son's birth!  I am ready!

Oh & acupuncture tomorrow morning!

#25 of 113 Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

I have a 3 day acu induction scheduled the next 3 days- acu says most clients don't show up for third appointment- let's hope!

I hope you're right!!! I just had my 2nd acu appt. today. I had some good contractions while on the table and plan to wake in the a.m. and do some good walking. I should've gone walking today right after appt. but it was dinner time and had to take care of DS.

I'm also seeing MW tomorrow and will try a 2nd sweep. sheesh, it's a lot of work to try and get these babies out!!

Plus, my baby is starting to slow down in movements. I get the needed movements for kick counts but I'm not use to having to pay such close attention...it's kinda stressing me out.

I also know MW will ask me to schedule induction tomorrow for next week. It will be hard to resist induction if I'm still preggo next week!!

#26 of 113 Old 07-20-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by junobella View Post

I hope you're right!!! I just had my 2nd acu appt. today. I had some good contractions while on the table and plan to wake in the a.m. and do some good walking. I should've gone walking today right after appt. but it was dinner time and had to take care of DS.

I'm also seeing MW tomorrow and will try a 2nd sweep. sheesh, it's a lot of work to try and get these babies out!!

Plus, my baby is starting to slow down in movements. I get the needed movements for kick counts but I'm not use to having to pay such close attention...it's kinda stressing me out.

I also know MW will ask me to schedule induction tomorrow for next week. It will be hard to resist induction if I'm still preggo next week!!

Wow- lucky- I got nothing from my acu appointment- well I have another  one today as well. Here's to labor vibes for all of us!

#27 of 113 Old 07-20-2011, 06:32 AM

Yeah, well I'm on my 4th acu appt today...then again I may be one of those women who just never go into labor (18 days overdue with DS, 8 days & counting now).

#28 of 113 Old 07-20-2011, 08:01 AM

I'm so glad I found this forum; I'm really not alone!

I am at 40w5d; I woke up like a Bear this morning!  I have my blackberry on silent to ignore the constant texts.  

With all the false labour I have been having I'm not sure I'll believe it when it does really start.  On the bright side my house has never been more tidy and clean!

My MW did a sweep on Monday and said everything is very soft and stretchy; wouldn't give me a measurement though.  I wish there was a real trick to getting the EPO up there though; this belly in the way doesn't help!

Melissa - Happy mommy to blahblah.gif Mitchell - 9lbs 1oz, 01-14-2007; and babyf.gifDylan - 10lbs 6oz, 07-25-2011

Happily married to Jeff since 09-24-2005

bfinfant.gif  hang.gif  cd.gif

#29 of 113 Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM

Count me in.  I was due yesterday (the 19th), and at today's appt was only 1cm, 50% effaced.  The midwife did a sweep, so here's hoping!  I am so tired of people (stepmom, MIL, ...) asking me about the state of my cervix!  I sure don't ask about theirs.  My son-- my only other pregnancy-- was preterm, so this waiting is all new to me.  Although he was PPROM, and required a 98 hour induction (!!!), so I don't have a great deal of faith in my body to start up labor in any case.  Cranky, cranky, cranky day.

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#30 of 113 Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigirl View Post

Count me in.  I was due yesterday (the 19th), and at today's appt was only 1cm, 50% effaced.  The midwife did a sweep, so here's hoping!  I am so tired of people (stepmom, MIL, ...) asking me about the state of my cervix!  I sure don't ask about theirs.  My son-- my only other pregnancy-- was preterm, so this waiting is all new to me.  Although he was PPROM, and required a 98 hour induction (!!!), so I don't have a great deal of faith in my body to start up labor in any case.  Cranky, cranky, cranky day.

I am SO with you on people asking me about my cervix. In fact, I have straight up lied and said that I've declined all internal exams so that my Mom and sisters will leave me alone. 

I go back tomorrow to my midwife for another NST and I'm asking for a second sweep. I was 80% effaced and about 1.5cm yesterday. 

I have had a really amazing pregnancy, no complaints whatsoever, BUT - I am SO done. It's so hot and humid here and I am so tired of the constant email/text/facebook inquiries of how I'm feeling, if the baby was born, did I get checked for dilation, etc etc. SO annoying. I know people are excited, but honestly it's so frustrating and annoying - the baby will come when it's ready!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page