Sianna Kate is here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-16-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So happy to share that Sianna Kate was born on July 14th at 7:29am after 3.5 hours of labor.  Labor started at 4am when my 3 year 3 month old nursed in the middle of the night.  I waited about 45 minutes to wake my husband up so he could help me assess whether this was real labor or not.  After about 20 minutes of contractions getting stronger we decided we should call my mom, the doula and our midwife (I had an 8.5 hour labor to birth with my 3 year old).  My husband showered and got dressed then I got in the shower for a while.  By the time I was out of the shower my mom was here - thank goodness- because my water broke at 5:55am and I knew that meant we needed to start the 25 minutes ride to the hospital as soon as we could.  Got in the car at 6am, arrived at the hospital at 6:30am, birthing room at 6:45am started pushing around 7am and she was born at 7:29am.  She was 9 lbs 8 ounces and 21 inches long.  Still cannot believe she was that big!  Technically she was 7 days late but my son was 8 days late and weighed 8 lbs 1 ounce.  Other than her shoulder getting stuck for a bit and another second degree tear everything went great.  

Since my 3 year old is still nursing I actually decided it would be best to stay over 2 nights in the hospital so Sianna could get all/most of the colostrum.  It was my son's first nights away from me but he stayed home with my husband while my mom stayed in the hospital with me.  He did well I think considering the huge event that occurred.  Now we are re-adjusting to being a family of four and I am starting my adventures in tandem nursing journey.  Already had a few times with them nursing at the same time and it was sweet to watch my 3 year old watch his baby sister.  Also already had a sad moment when my 3 year old said "but that one is my special nursie and I want to nursie on it now," when I had decided that Sianna needed to feed from that one first and that my 3 year old needed to wait 30 minutes.  I let him be sad about it and cry and even though I wanted to change my mind and let him nurse off his special one I was firm but very loving and kind about his feelings and held my ground because I knew I needed to stay firm about it because I want tandem nursing to work!  

I hope I can get enough sleep so my patience can stay strong and I have the energy to mother both kids the way I want to. 

Here is a picture of Sianna from yesterday.  Wednesday night I thought she would never get here and then the next morning she was here!  

Sianna1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to the world, Baby Sianna!!! joy.gif

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#3 of 5 Old 07-16-2011, 06:33 PM

Isn't she adorable! Welcome, Sianna! joy.gif

#4 of 5 Old 07-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Precious.  Congratulations on your speedy birth and (mostly) successful tandem nursing.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#5 of 5 Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 AM

Congratulations! Way to go on the nursing. Best of luck!

mama to Quinn born 7.9.09, Audrey born 7.11.11, expecting baby3 July 19 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page