Who's left so far? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 150 Old 08-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm still here... 41+2 now. 0 signs of labor.  No dropping, no BH, ugh.   Nothing seems to even get a contraction going. I've tried everything except cohosh ( which I won't do) and acupuncture ( which I can't afford).  Castor oil didn't even phase my super Hotel Uterus.   I've forced myself to walk around despite awful pelvic pain,  I tried going to yoga class like a crazy lady. I wound up seeing stars half-way through class freaking out and calling my midwife who assured me I would be ok but that the exercising is off limits until the baby is born.  I'm still hoping for a homebirth and we have 5 more days before I time out, and I've decided I'm willing to go to 42+5  in the hospital as long as everything looks healthy for both of us. So even though I'm impatient I'm excited to think that in 10 days one way or the other I'll be holding my little one. That's a nice thing to focus on.

#122 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 AM

I'm 40weeks+5days.  Dr.'s are attempting a version today.  I hope I get to come back and post that she turned and I'll be returning to my homebirth plans! If she doesn't turn, I haven't made a decision on what to do.  I don't really want to explore that road.  So, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers today! TIA

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#123 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 05:52 AM

41+5  today. I was suppose to be induced today but decided to give this little one till Friday (42weeks) I has my first sweep and check yesterday, I'm 3cm but my cervix is still thick, baby is in the perfect position. I later went to an ultrasound where everything looks good. Baby has lots of fluid and moving good....just not moving out. lol     They estimate that the little one is not so little 9lbs6ozs...ouchROTFLMAO.gif

So I have 2 days for this little one to come on its own. I started homeopathy yesterday, a sweep, sex and acupunture today. Midwife said there's no point in using castor oil since my cervix hasn't thinned. Please baby come out praying.gif

#124 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

CarrieCo ~ fingersx.gif baby turns.
Quote:
They estimate that the little one is not so little 9lbs6ozs...ouch

My 3rd was 9 lbs., 7 or 8 oz. at birth. He was a big baby. I got him out, though. You can do it!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#125 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

I later went to an ultrasound where everything looks good. Baby has lots of fluid and moving good....just not moving out. lol     They estimate that the little one is not so little 9lbs6ozs...ouchROTFLMAO.gif

I'm in pretty much the same position at 41+2, but I've only dilated to a 1. greensad.gif

So there's no point in trying castor oil unless the my cervix has thinned? That's a bummer. I was going to try it today ...

My induction date is coming up on Monday, so I'm going to do everything I can to get this little guy out before then.

#126 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Ladies, can you school me on castor oil?  I have read that it isn't something you should try because it's not safe.  I was checked last week and was 1 cm and 90% effaced so you think I would be a good candidate?  I'm getting  a little desperate!

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#127 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 08:02 AM

Yell: There are risks for everything you might try, including most homeopathy treatments. For castor oil, it's best to use it as a labor augmenter (i.e., you're already having a healthy number of BH contractions, you're dilated and at 41 weeks or over). If you're not post-dates yet, it's less likely to work.

There have been some people who say that using castor oil can cause the baby to pass meconium, but if you're already post-dates, you're baby may have a mature gut already and is at risk of passing meconium in the bag of waters already. 

My understanding is that it works by stimulating the bowels to empty, which sends the same signal to other smooth muscles, including the uterus. It can cause intense stomach cramps and diarrhea, but can also bring on bloody show and intense contractions. 

I haven't done it yet, mostly because I'm unsure if I'm really a good candidate for it, considering I'm 1cm and my cervix is still thick. 

#128 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

the only thing i know about any of the natural labor inducers is that they really only work if your body and baby are ready for labor anyway. if it's not time, they won't work.

i have read that castor oil can be dangerous but i can't remember the specifics. maybe something about it making mama very sick and causing dehydration because it can induce vomiting and diarrhea, which can be very dangerous when in labor. it sounds very unpleasant to me. i wouldn't want to try it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#129 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoEngland View Post

Yell: There are risks for everything you might try, including most homeopathy treatments. For castor oil, it's best to use it as a labor augmenter (i.e., you're already having a healthy number of BH contractions, you're dilated and at 41 weeks or over). If you're not post-dates yet, it's less likely to work.

There have been some people who say that using castor oil can cause the baby to pass meconium, but if you're already post-dates, you're baby may have a mature gut already and is at risk of passing meconium in the bag of waters already. 

My understanding is that it works by stimulating the bowels to empty, which sends the same signal to other smooth muscles, including the uterus. It can cause intense stomach cramps and diarrhea, but can also bring on bloody show and intense contractions. 

I haven't done it yet, mostly because I'm unsure if I'm really a good candidate for it, considering I'm 1cm and my cervix is still thick. 

I was worried my baby was going to pass mec- I think that's why I chose to break my bag once I was fully dilated, guess I was curious. Interestingly enough he passed massive amounts of mec right after he was born, I keep saying he's a little smartie- he waited to be born on my birthday and then waited until after he was born to pass all that mec LOL.

I also wouldn't want to do castor oil, I was very pleased with my acupuncture induction and it's been said it shortens labor time and in my case it did, made for a really swift almost completely painless labor (only had a couple of intense feeling contractions).

#130 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Yeah I think I'm going to pass on the castor oil, I thought maybe there was something more to it than I knew.  I'll just keep walking!

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#131 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM

JoEngland- Yes you certainly sound as if your in the same boat as myself. Today I went for my last acupunture , I really hoping it helps. I only have till Friday morning before they induce. I did have the option of waiting longer, but it was a long progress getting here and I don't want to take any chances. I hope we are both sharing our wonderful birth stories soon.

Homeopathy treatments are safe, They work on the energy within something, so there is no worries, they are not like herbs. They are used to thin the cervix, they are also great at helping the body to recover from trauma (birth).

Castor oil is a laxative. It is believed that castor oil works to stimulate the bowels. It can lead to cramps and tightening of the muscles in the intestines. These cramps may spread to the uterus, tightening the uterine muscles and stimulating contractions. These contractions may or may not lead to the onset of active labor. Which is why your cervix needs to be thin, otherwise you'll get all the cramping and nausea without the contractions.

I really don't want the castor oil, but if I had been a candidate I would have done it as I want to be induced even less.

As far as numbers go (being 3cm) or my cervix being soft & thick, it really means nothing. My last baby I was 3cm with a bulging bag for 3 weeks before she came. Anything can happen and happen quickly. I just keep visualizing this little one coming the way I want her too. Hopefully if I keep putting it out there, she will.

#132 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

the only thing i know about any of the natural labor inducers is that they really only work if your body and baby are ready for labor anyway. if it's not time, they won't work.

As I'm sure annoying as that is, I think that's just the truth. I'm pulling for you July mamas waiting for baby ****. Mine came at 41+6 and I remember reading in June a gal at 42+ something...

I rocked a lot of walking, but the night before labor started I did all these things for the 1st time and all the same evening: 1500mg EPO vaginally for the 1st time ever (I dunno if that was dumb luck or it actually did something), sex, apple juice cooked with real cinnamon in sticks (recommended by my midwife to stimulate labor... & delicious, too!), and some nipple stimulation -- all the night before labor started...but I'm sure it started what was gonna start anyway, eventually :) Just thought I'd share - and also to say I'm rootin' fer ya gals!

Good luck mamas!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#133 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Had my baby yesterday.  22 hours of labor.  Rafe Edward 7lbs 5oz 19.5 inches 14" head.  It's been an amazing first experience.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#134 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBlesing View Post

Had my baby yesterday.  22 hours of labor.  Rafe Edward 7lbs 5oz 19.5 inches 14" head.  It's been an amazing first experience.

Yay!!! joy.gifCONGRATS to you fellow 1st timer :)

#135 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBlesing View Post

congratulations! joy.gif

#136 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 02:41 PM

She's head down!!! I woke up this morning and couldn't find her head and the weight in my uterus felt different.  So, I had them ultrasound me before the version and she was head down!!!!! I'm so thrilled! Thank you ladies for any thoughts and prayers!  

Now it's time for this baby to come out!!!!  Before I found out she was breech I had done two rounds of acupuncture, let my son dry nurse, sex, and probably more things I can't think of right now ... it's time to get back to all that!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#137 of 150 Old 08-03-2011, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCo View Post

She's head down!!!

joy.gif

Alright, baby. Now come on out!

#138 of 150 Old 08-09-2011, 02:48 PM

Well, after going 41+ 3 I decided, as a last ditch to avoid induction, to get Prostin gel on Thursday. After monitoring, the found some significant decels in my LO's heart rate, and considering that he was measuring at 10 pounds the previous week, the OB didn't want to risk a fast induction and I opted instead for an immediate c-section.

It wasn't at all the birth I wanted. In fact, it was the exact opposite. However, I got to hold my son, Cooper Conoly (10 pounds, 3 ounces, 20.5 inches), on Aug. 4 at 2:15 p.m. and I haven't wanted to put him down since. 

288522_10150254270166149_541076148_7760672_2546525_o.jpg

#139 of 150 Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Well, after going 41+ 3 I decided, as a last ditch to avoid induction, to get Prostin gel on Thursday. After monitoring, the found some significant decels in my LO's heart rate, and considering that he was measuring at 10 pounds the previous week, the OB didn't want to risk a fast induction and I opted instead for an immediate c-section.

It wasn't at all the birth I wanted. In fact, it was the exact opposite. However, I got to hold my son, Cooper Conoly (10 pounds, 3 ounces, 20.5 inches), on Aug. 4 at 2:15 p.m. and I haven't wanted to put him down since. 

Congrats!  I'm sorry it didn't happen as you had wanted but I'm glad that everyone's ok!

#140 of 150 Old 08-09-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Congrats mama, hope you post your birth story! Your lil biggie is super cute :)

#141 of 150 Old 08-09-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

congratulations! he is one cute chunkster! i, too, am sorry things didn't happen the way you wanted. my first was like that.

#142 of 150 Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:

He's gorgeous! Congrats!

#143 of 150 Old 08-11-2011, 06:07 AM

Congratulations JoEngland, I completely understand, I think we in the same boat as far as being over due and not having the births we had hoped for; and just like you I am so completely in love that the birth plan doesn't even matter.

#144 of 150 Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM

My baby is finally here!!! 

Ava Elise, born August 6th, 8 pounds, 8 oz. , 21 1/2 inches... beautiful as can be! Would love to share her birth story (and a picture) when I have some more time!!

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

#145 of 150 Old 08-13-2011, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

tracy ~ congratulations! joy.gif can't wait for pics and story.

#146 of 150 Old 08-13-2011, 11:18 AM

Wow, our babies girls were not only born on the same day, but my daughter was also 8lbs 8ozs and 21" long and of course beautiful.joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia's mama View Post

My baby is finally here!!! 

Ava Elise, born August 6th, 8 pounds, 8 oz. , 21 1/2 inches... beautiful as can be! Would love to share her birth story (and a picture) when I have some more time!!

#147 of 150 Old 08-13-2011, 12:26 PM

A picture of my Ava now one week old!!

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

Tracy, mama to Mia Elizabethhearts.gif10~4~06 and Baby Ava Elise baby.gif 8~6~11

#148 of 150 Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 PM

that's amazing!! Congrats to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

Wow, our babies girls were not only born on the same day, but my daughter was also 8lbs 8ozs and 21" long and of course beautiful.joy.gif

#149 of 150 Old 08-13-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

so sweet

#150 of 150 Old 08-14-2011, 12:47 PM

Here is my little one

Kya Chase 6 days old

IMG_0324.JPG

2 days old

IMG_0303.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia's mama View Post

that's amazing!! Congrats to you!!

Tags
Birth 6 Months Toys , Lamaze Seemless Comfort Maternity Bra , Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page